Football Games 2016
Im downloading pirated version right now, will let you know the details when I try it Smile
well thats it from pes this year for me

they fucking lack autosave option. its like 1997 for stupid konami.

i've played 6-7 games in master league, then i left the game and nothing was saved
lol, that lasted long. Are you sure there's no auto save? I'm pretty sure that's been in there as an option in recent years (I might be wrong).

Anyway, the PC version (which I assume you had) isn't meant to be great, apparently in performance it's significantly worse than the consoles. I saw a video comparison and was pretty shocked at how bad it looked.

As for Konami, I really am at a loss for words with them, they couldn't have done more damage to their reputation this year and there's pretty much no logic to how they seem to be running their gaming division.
(09-18-2015, 08:54 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: lol, that lasted long. Are you sure there's no auto save? I'm pretty sure that's been in there as an option in recent years (I might be wrong).

Anyway, the PC version (which I assume you had) isn't meant to be great, apparently in performance it's significantly worse than the consoles. I saw a video comparison and was pretty shocked at how bad it looked.

As for Konami, I really am at a loss for words with them, they couldn't have done more damage to their reputation this year and there's pretty much no logic to how they seem to be running their gaming division.

yep, i'm sure. there is a warning though that "if you exit, all unsaved progress will be lost", but i figured that the game progress was saved automatically after my last match. it wasnt Sad

Yes, i played on PC. not sure about the difference with console versions (since i havent seen any gameplay from consoles), but i havent been blown away with graphics, to say the least.

one positive that is very noticable though was the feature they marketed - teammates ai while using through ball pass. it is much better than in fifa 15, which was the last football game i played.

edit: here's the graphics difference:
The video doesn't seem to work, here's the one I saw:

Anyway, for me it was all about the gameplay. It felt so natural in PES and the AI and some of the additions really add to the experience. I didn't feel that with FIFA so much. In terms of graphics, I think PES has better animations and probably player models, but FIFA's overall presentation, such as the lighting, sound and it's ability to replicate authentic atmosphere is what really impresses me. PES looks and feels more solid to me, FIFA has the polish though.
First impression on PES16... Total fail for me.

First off, a big compliment for them on actually realizing the potential of their game engine and actually working towards that end.
Graphics are, in my humble opinion, close to that of FIFA's if not on par. player movement is amazing.. noticed that on Montolivo(Long pass, arm movement).
I'm sure there are more positives like that, but I only lasted like 15 minutes in the game.

It's menu's are way too complex for a beginner, which actually shows the game isn't intended for new audience but rather their fan-base.
As a to-be programmer, to see such an amateurish mistake(or was it intended?) by not implementing the "ESC"(the universal panic button) button into the game engine is shocking!

Buttons mapping is difficult and actually challenging.

Gameplay, while like I said, graphics and player movements are pretty awesome... they're like a mechanic in this aspect.. they fix something while also fucking things up on the other end.

Players respond too slow.. the only player who was able to turn quickly was Menez, and he was slow even by Bonera's standards.
Passing, no matter how hard you try or how far away your opponent is.. he always has a chance of cutting your pass.
Shooting.. way too ridiculous. scored unbelievable goals with Cerci and Menez.
Defending... oh dear god, its an Autobahn. Both player and AI.
Midfield... don't know if it's the tactics, players or the base formation... but my midfield was too stretched and far away from each other.

all in all:
Graphics: A-, awesome, but can be better. Konami obviously abandoned PC gaming and they're only providing a port.
Gameplay: D+, While one can't argue that Graphics were bad last year and gameplay was probably close to FIFA.. this year they simply let themselves down.

It might be because I'm not used to PES.. and maybe their consoles games are better. but I honestly do not like it. will try again later anyway just to give them justice.

PS: Why EA and Konami actually release their games without updating team rosters is way beyond me. I mean, push it another week if that's what is required. but do not release outdated rosters please!!
(09-19-2015, 03:50 PM)Ace Wrote: PS: Why EA and Konami actually release their games without updating team rosters is way beyond me. I mean, push it another week if that's what is required. but do not release outdated rosters please!!

oh yeah this too. i mean, destro and muntari are still in milan?? lol.

also, i've sold agazzi for 7mil  Devilol and bought romario at his prime for 33mil.
Thanks for the feedback Basel. It sounds like it wasn't a good experience for you.

A few thoughts:

- On FIFA and PES not having up to date rosters, I think it's the companies taking advantage of the fact that downloads allow for updates. The development teams are usually under intense pressure to meet release dates on these games, so they work on other aspects as priority. Personally, I don't mind, I'd rather this than a broken game, which is what some companies decide to offer updates for.

- Did you play on PC? Your post suggests you did, but as mentioned we need to remember Konami are under fire for a poor PC port this year.

- As a fellow developer, I agree that the menus are horrible. They've always been a weak point for PES games. No idea why, but most of the community seems to just accept it's not going to be the best.

- On button mapping, again I think it comes to if you play on PC. On consoles, it's generally been consistent for years now and quite intuitive. In fact, FIFA over the years took elements of the button controls from PES (such as through balls), but both aren't significantly different. On consoles you can customise the controls to however you prefer anyway (same for FIFA).

- Surprised you found player movement slow. Are you normally a FIFA player? I ask because PES is traditionally slower paced than FIFA, so maybe that's why you find it slow?

- On passing, I consider it one of PES' strengths. Maybe it takes time to get used to.

- Agree shooting is a sticking point, it can be too easy to score. However, usually it gets harder on higher difficulty settings, so maybe that's the case here. I think both PES and FIFA have always struggled a little with shooting mechanics personally.

- Not sure I understand your point on defending, personally I quite like the defending in PES. FIFA's also got a decent control scheme for defending, but it's totally different. I have to disagree if you are criticising the AI, I think that's one of the strongest points for PES.

- I believe the stretched midfield/team is probably due to the standard formation. If you played as Milan and specifically Inzaghi's Milan, then it would be stretched. Tactics are a big feature in PES, with lots of options to set up your system, so you can have a really tight system (I normally do).

Overall, I'd maybe suggest trying a few matches and trying to play around with the options and system. From experience, I know it's difficult to adjust to a new game if you've generally played another in the past, so it does take time. However, it might just be the game's not for you.
(09-19-2015, 10:29 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Thanks for the feedback Basel. It sounds like it wasn't a good experience for you.

A few thoughts:

- On FIFA and PES not having up to date rosters, I think it's the companies taking advantage of the fact that downloads allow for updates. The development teams are usually under intense pressure to meet release dates on these games, so they work on other aspects as priority. Personally, I don't mind, I'd rather this than a broken game, which is what some companies decide to offer updates for.

- Did you play on PC? Your post suggests you did, but as mentioned we need to remember Konami are under fire for a poor PC port this year.

- As a fellow developer, I agree that the menus are horrible. They've always been a weak point for PES games. No idea why, but most of the community seems to just accept it's not going to be the best.

- On button mapping, again I think it comes to if you play on PC. On consoles, it's generally been consistent for years now and quite intuitive. In fact, FIFA over the years took elements of the button controls from PES (such as through balls), but both aren't significantly different. On consoles you can customise the controls to however you prefer anyway (same for FIFA).

- Surprised you found player movement slow. Are you normally a FIFA player? I ask because PES is traditionally slower paced than FIFA, so maybe that's why you find it slow?

- On passing, I consider it one of PES' strengths. Maybe it takes time to get used to.

- Agree shooting is a sticking point, it can be too easy to score. However, usually it gets harder on higher difficulty settings, so maybe that's the case here. I think both PES and FIFA have always struggled a little with shooting mechanics personally.

- Not sure I understand your point on defending, personally I quite like the defending in PES. FIFA's also got a decent control scheme for defending, but it's totally different. I have to disagree if you are criticising the AI, I think that's one of the strongest points for PES.

- I believe the stretched midfield/team is probably due to the standard formation. If you played as Milan and specifically Inzaghi's Milan, then it would be stretched. Tactics are a big feature in PES, with lots of options to set up your system, so you can have a really tight system (I normally do).

Overall, I'd maybe suggest trying a few matches and trying to play around with the options and system. From experience, I know it's difficult to adjust to a new game if you've generally played another in the past, so it does take time. However, it might just be the game's not for you.

As a first experience, I wasn't impressed at all. though I am willing to give it a try, as FIFA 16 is still a long wait.
I'll only explain the bold parts as we both agree on the rest..

Button mapping are the same with FIFA, they come with many options.
the thing is with FIFA you can adjust keys in-game. while in PES I couldn't find such option. besides like I said, the "ESC" button should have been a default, this simply shows how much of a poor port it is for the PC.

Player's movement are good, actually close to reality but for one aspect.
for instance, let's say I'm controlling Montolivo.. standing there in the middle circle waiting to make a pass and he sees an opponent running at him.. he should be quicker to turn around to dribble away from the opponent. that was slow, and almost always lost the ball.

Again the passing might be because the opponent was pressing hard. yet I don't believe that's the case.
I mean switching play from side to side requires low ground passes through all of the defenders, otherwise I lose the ball. my player doesn't even challenge.
On ground passes, again, I felt like the opponent was too close to my players and was always well prepared to intercept any pass going near him.

Defending was also horrendous on FIFA for that matter. while both games promise tighter defense, they both fail to deliver. too much space to exploit in the middle.

but like I said last year. both games are coming closer to each other with Konami catching up. Yet they seem too afraid to take a risk and try something new.
Can't understand why they didn't get English leagues licenses though...

Besides, I'm basically now focused on my Football Manager career Big Grin
3 seasons, did a double, won everything in my second/third season.. and also breaking the all time unbeaten-streak(history 58,I went on 63 unbeaten streak).
and now doing a second unbeaten-run! Sagrin
So I have a really good friend who is talking up PES this year as well. Can anyone comment on the Master League? How does it compare to Fifa's career mode in terms of available competitions, transfer market, etc?
Siamo a posto cosi.