International Youth Competitions (WC U-17 & U-20, EC U-17, U-19 & U-21, etc.)
In this summer time there are (will be) youth competitions such us World Cup U-17 in Mexico (some games already played), European Cup U-21 (semifinal is the next stage) and World Cup U-20 in Columbia. Since we still don't have special thread for them (if we do, please merge this thread), I open a place to discuss about the respective youth competitions.

What caught my attention is World Cup U-17 since there will be many games will be played (there are 24 teams in this competition). One player that linked to Milan is Lucas Piazon. I tried to watch Brasil last night but couldn't hold my sleepiness (the game was not live and at early midnight). I did watch Germany vs Ecuador one and half hour earlier even though I couldn't concentrate much due to again sleepiness. Big Grin
I have been following Germany U-17 since they played in European Cup U-17 a couple of weeks ago (they lost against Holland in Final). Their stars or players should be watched by scouts are:
- Levent Aycicek, attacking midfielder/forward (made a beautiful goal preceded by a nice solo run)
- Samet Yesil, striker (scored two goals with great finishing ability last night. He also has record of 15 goals from 15 games with Germany)
- Emre Can, midfielder and Germany's captain (already trained with Bayern München first team)
- Okan Aydin (scored a beautiful goal from outside of penalty box last night)

Yeah, I know it seems strange or even funny to see the stars in Germany's team especially when we read the list of Germany players. Big Grin

Goals from Germany vs Ecuador:

Brasil vs Denmark 3-0

"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Thanks for the thread Okmilan Will try to catch as many as I can. A few weeks ago watched the European U-17 Final between Germany and Holland, interesting game, Holland won 5-2, and there was a player who looked just like Ruud Gullit when at Milan. Big Grin

But this belongs to the Other Football thread.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
i wasn't opportuned to watch any of those matches, those guys must be real good
Wow loooks like they have a shit load of turkish kids on the germany team.
Moving this thread Smile
(06-21-2011, 10:24 PM)ACM1899 Wrote: Wow loooks like they have a shit load of turkish kids on the germany team.

I know that this thread is about the youth players, but the three players in Real Madrid Sahin, Altintop, Ozil are also Turkish-German. Heck, even Khedira is Tunisian-German.

I think we will see more and more of such cases nowadays.
aka xudong
(06-22-2011, 04:00 AM)xudong Wrote:
(06-21-2011, 10:24 PM)ACM1899 Wrote: Wow loooks like they have a shit load of turkish kids on the germany team.

I know that this thread is about the youth players, but the three players in Real Madrid Sahin, Altintop, Ozil are also Turkish-German. Heck, even Khedira is Tunisian-German.

I think we will see more and more of such cases nowadays.

We already saw that case with France (almost no original French player), Holland (in the making like France) and USA (actually in most sports). England too but still 'better' than the others including Germany. The world is becoming without borders.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Germany can't compete in U21 Euro, but they don't lack young talents. Almost all of them play for the Nationalmanschaft.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editori...-that-isnt

However, the likes of Oezil, Mueller, Kroos, Hummels,... can make Germany a very strong team in Olympic 2012.
(06-24-2011, 04:49 PM)Aficio Wrote: Germany can't compete in U21 Euro, but they don't lack young talents. Almost all of them play for the Nationalmanschaft.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editori...-that-isnt

However, the likes of Oezil, Mueller, Kroos, Hummels,... can make Germany a very strong team in Olympic 2012.

They were champion of EC U21 in 2009 IIRC with players of Ösil, Neuer, Khedira, etc.

Yes, they have many talents right now. They reformed their youth academy and development 10 years ago and are starting to enjoy what they did a decade ago. There should be more talents coming from Bundesliga. Players like Hummels should be ready to go to big clubs in the coming seasons and younger players will substitute them.

In WC U17 they have quality offensive players like Aycicek, Aydin, Can and Yesil. These four players are their stars. Unfortunately they lack of quality defenders and creative midfielder to build the game. Last night they played much better tactically compared with the game vs Ecuador (first game). They lacked however the finishing. They were not as clinical as in the first game. With the time going on, they will find tactic suits to their style IMO.