Summer Mercato 2016
Holy cow, is this really Milan? Actually taking the next step and getting that new owner we've been needing for about 10 years now; Making moves and overtaking serious competition for players; Galliani getting his groove back?! I must be dreaming, pinch me!

Anyway, like everyone said, Lapadula, Musacchio and Pjaca is a terrific start to the mercato. Although, I still have a soft spot for Mustafi since he is rated higher by transfermarkt.com lol, but nonetheless, Musacchio is a good pick up for us. I actually think someone like Musacchio is better than Benatia as he is younger, can grow with the new core and doesn't have the injury issues. I love Benatia the player, but his physical problems the last couple of years really scares me.

To be honest, I have not been very impressed with all the midfielders we have been linked with so far. I would think that with all the money that is expected to be available, we would try to get someone or a couple of players who can really make a difference. Sure, guys like Kroos is not obtainable, but I still think we should and need to do better than Paredes, Zelinski, Borja, Mati, Soriano or Rabiot. I think all those players have talent and can help us. But I am more concerned about using our new found resources to get a cornerstone player for the midfield, not someone who either will decline dramatically in a couple of years or is so unproven.
(07-07-2016, 12:29 AM)slifersd Wrote: Holy cow, is this really Milan? Actually taking the next step and getting that new owner we've been needing for about 10 years now; Making moves and overtaking serious competition for players; Galliani getting his groove back?! I must be dreaming, pinch me!

I'm almost starting to think that our biggest problem these last years was a lack of ambition, leadership and direction from the very top of the club.
Musacchio is also injury prone. In the last 2.5/3 years he's missed something like 340 days through injuries. One of them was a horrible leg break, but still. Either way, I just don't see that many options when it comes to experienced CB that are entering their prime but are also afordable! So I'd be happy with either one.
(07-07-2016, 01:07 AM)nefremo Wrote: Musacchio is also injury prone. In the last 2.5/3 years he's missed something like 340 days through injuries. One of them was a horrible leg break, but still. Either way, I just don't see that many options when it comes to experienced CB that are entering their prime but are also afordable! So I'd be happy with either one.

Mustafi it is then! lol. I think a broken leg is more of a freak accident type of injury than anything else. Once you fully recover, it is not likely to linger on and cause further problems. Benatia has a lot of muscle problems, which can be problematic because they are usually reoccurring in nature. Remember how many times Pato had to sit out with the same muscle problems when he was here? At Benatia's age, those problems are more likely to get worse than better too. But like you said, no perfect candidate out there, so we should be happy with Musacchio.
There are several reports that we can reach a deal for Musacchio in the coming days. Villarreal are likely to accept our offer, said to be around 20 million.

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk
Suddenly I dont care Merda signed Banega for freeSmile
I'm obviously happy that we're linked with so many big names. However, I don't see the need for another striker. We have Lapadula, Niang, and several others who may stay. I'd rather we spend €50M on 2 midfielders than €25M for the likes of Zaza or Gabiadini and one midfielder. Still, I can't complain. Nice to see Milan begin to rise again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(07-07-2016, 12:29 AM)slifersd Wrote: Holy cow, is this really Milan? Actually taking the next step and getting that new owner we've been needing for about 10 years now; Making moves and overtaking serious competition for players; Galliani getting his groove back?! I must be dreaming, pinch me!

Anyway, like everyone said, Lapadula, Musacchio and Pjaca is a terrific start to the mercato. Although, I still have a soft spot for Mustafi since he is rated higher by transfermarkt.com lol, but nonetheless, Musacchio is a good pick up for us. I actually think someone like Musacchio is better than Benatia as he is younger, can grow with the new core and doesn't have the injury issues. I love Benatia the player, but his physical problems the last couple of years really scares me.

To be honest, I have not been very impressed with all the midfielders we have been linked with so far. I would think that with all the money that is expected to be available, we would try to get someone or a couple of players who can really make a difference. Sure, guys like Kroos is not obtainable, but I still think we should and need to do better than Paredes, Zelinski, Borja, Mati, Soriano or Rabiot. I think all those players have talent and can help us. But I am more concerned about using our new found resources to get a cornerstone player for the midfield, not someone who either will decline dramatically in a couple of years or is so unproven.

Actually, I think we need guys like Rabiot (unproven on a complete season, but he showed last year he has the level to play CL) or Borja (experienced, knows the ideas of Montella and is proven is Serie A) to upgrade our midfield, and then, during the summer, we should bring this "cornerstone player" (I don't know what means this word but I guess it means a player with a lot of talent, a leader, who will be the main midfielder, with the midfield built around him).

If you don't buy these other players, do you think this potential "cornerstone player" will come with the likes of Montolivo (a diva), Bertolacci (bad season) and Kucka (unknown in Europe) in our midfield ?
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(07-07-2016, 02:32 AM)PerSempre Wrote: I'm obviously happy that we're linked with so many big names. However, I don't see the need for another striker. We have Lapadula, Niang, and several others who may stay. I'd rather we spend €50M on 2 midfielders than €25M for the likes of Zaza or Gabiadini and one midfielder. Still, I can't complain. Nice to see Milan begin to rise again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if we spend 50M on 2 midfielders + 25M for Zaza or Gabbiadini ? Sagrin

I think the fact that we are linked with new strikers means Niang, Ménez, Luiz Adriano and maybe even Bacca will leave. That would leave us with only Lapadula who is unproven in Serie A.

Niang : unprofessionnal, I think in a new Milan, we should focus on professionnal players again, no more drama queens (Ménez, Balotelli, Niang) and stupid people (same names) ...
Ménez : I was against his arrival, he was good in his first season and made me eat my words for a few months, and the real Ménez came back during the 2015-2016 season ... Should be sold ASAP.
Luiz Adriano : while I really thought he would be good for us, what happened in January just stopped his career in Milan, so he should be sold too, unfortunately he won't have had his chance.
Bacca : Didn't like his last comments about his future, the guy's been there for one year and is already complaining ?! Get off.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Musacchio has agreed to a four year contract, we're missing an agreement with Villarreal.

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk