For a more handsome MM :D
Thanks xu
Mystik Big Grin
Stitch, will try thanks, the biggest problem was to fit all of "milanmania" without it being too small. I think that restricted how I could curve and position it
I know I have already said it a few times already but ... the contest is coming soon.

A contest which, to be perfectly honest, is really intended to attract new and regular posters.
It will take a long time - probably till end of season - to award the prize partly because it is dependent on prediction league participation, and partly to promote the site for as long as possible. At the end of season I will randomly draw from a list of new regular* posters AND old posters. The prize will increase if you also happen to be prediction league winner or at a minimum a regular participant*
All through the contest, mentioning the site on twitter and facebook will be encouraged and may be even increase chances of winning the prize.

*Regular poster will mean more than a few posts, perhaps as low as 5 but that is open to suggestions.
Quote:Reza:
Of course a more general football site has been on my mind on and off, had one a small-ish one up until 10 years ago.
If a team is willing to be contributors it can be set up easily and somewhat well promoted too. But it should have at least some semi-regular (the definition of "some" and "semi regular" can be debated) contributors. Articles, rumours, tactics, reports or anything else football related should and can fit. It can even remain Milan related and that means expanding the MM's front page itself. The team will have access to publish on the site directly. The platform I am now very familiar with (WordPress) is limitless.
The obvious disclaimer is that unless it becomes very big there would be nothing money wise in return so it has to be for fun or love of game.

Quote:ACMILAN1983:
Thanks for the feedback. It would be kind of cool to see articles from members here on a site (or MM's front page).

I think you'd need to define how regular contributions need to be as well as whether there's a structure for articles (mostly for consistency, but also to help the writers as I doubt many have and journalism training). Still I'd like to read the contributions if you can get it off the ground.

The biggest issue I have is probably finding time to write articles.

Quote:Reza:
Thanks Dev. I think, like you said, time is the biggest issue. I have observed a few "independent" football/sports sites and I am sometimes surprised by the amount of content. As for writing quality, the same sites include a number of writers that are journalism or similar field students and may be early on in their careers and see it as an experience. Quality and consistency can be maintained rather easily in my opinion. It can be learned quickly too, but goes back to time.

The idea is out there, anybody else reading this and either curious or interested let me know.
Just a test:

Did you make that within the website or is that picture uploaded from elsewhere? It looks pretty sweet!
Siamo a posto cosi.
I made it on my computer and uploaded it. Not close to being done but eventually there will be way to do formations on the site (probably not the forum but the main site like the place where the prediction league is)
I have 0 experience in web programming and I have no idea if its possible, but if you could put jerseys instead of names and make them movable with the left click, and then after clicking some button export formation in jpeg so we could link it in forum, that would be AWESOME Okmilan
Lineup builder sort of thing is possible, I might be able to do that but it won't be soon
(11-03-2014, 05:34 PM)reza Wrote: Lineup builder sort of thing is possible, I might be able to do that but it won't be soon

I might be able to give you a hand by the end of 2015 Sagrin
Are you in IT Ace?