Iran Pro League
I don't expect this thread to be popular Wink but this is a story about how this season ended

Tractor Sazi's Gulf Pro League title celebrations cut short
Title celebrations cut short, brawls in the stands and a call for calm from government - Iran's Gulf Pro League had a thrilling final day.
Portuguese coach Toni Oliveira beamed as his Tractor Sazi side wildly celebrated their first Pro League title but within minutes discovered the honour belonged to Sepahan, a club located 560 miles further south.
How could this happen? Sazi had drawn 3-3, a result good enough to seal the title with their rivals being held 2-2 - or so Oliveira and his staff were told.
"We were tricked," said the 68-year-old former Benfica manager.
Sepahan had actually won their match 2-0, enough to take the title by a point and when the news filtered back to Sazi's stadium, brawls broke out, seats were launched and bins were thrown.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32795641
(05-19-2015, 07:56 PM)reza Wrote: I don't expect this thread to be popular Wink but this is a story about how this season ended

Tractor Sazi's Gulf Pro League title celebrations cut short
Title celebrations cut short, brawls in the stands and a call for calm from government - Iran's Gulf Pro League had a thrilling final day.
Portuguese coach Toni Oliveira beamed as his Tractor Sazi side wildly celebrated their first Pro League title but within minutes discovered the honour belonged to Sepahan, a club located 560 miles further south.
How could this happen? Sazi had drawn 3-3, a result good enough to seal the title with their rivals being held 2-2 - or so Oliveira and his staff were told.
"We were tricked," said the 68-year-old former Benfica manager.
Sepahan had actually won their match 2-0, enough to take the title by a point and when the news filtered back to Sazi's stadium, brawls broke out, seats were launched and bins were thrown.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32795641

Icon_lol2

So many questions remain:
1. tricked by whom?
2. even if it was 2-2, was there any guarantee that it would not change it to 2-3 in the last minute to Sepahan's favor? Why wouldn't Sazi try to get another goal to secure the victory?
3. again, tricked by whom? Huh

I don't know the who part, tried to find out but didn't see anything.
You would think that with all the technology, all (accurate) information should be readily available. Still though, Sazi has only themselves to blame for not winning the game and the season. For me, it is hard to believe that Toni Oliveira felt indignant.

There has to be more to the story that we don't know.
lol, this story is brilliant!!!

Love the pictures on the news story too.

Reza is the Iranian league any good? I won't lie, I didn't know there even was one
Not that I get to watch much but from I see it is not any good. As a kid I supported one of the bigger teams, Persepolis, but over time and moving away lost touch and don't follow closely.

One for the trivia games:

Name the 2014 World Cup player who moved to the Iran Pro league?
Michael Umana of Costa Rica
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Uma%C3%B1a
Cool thanks. I do like hearing stories and seeing smaller leagues every so often, purely because it's a very different game at that level compared to the top leagues.