Poll: Who should stay?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Abate
17.07%
14 17.07%
Antonelli
14.63%
12 14.63%
Bocchetti
3.66%
3 3.66%
Bonera
4.88%
4 4.88%
Alex
4.88%
4 4.88%
Paletta
14.63%
12 14.63%
Mexes
2.44%
2 2.44%
De Sciglio
20.73%
17 20.73%
Zapata
2.44%
2 2.44%
Rami
14.63%
12 14.63%
Total 82 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Summer 2015 Stay or Go: Defenders
Dude stop trolling.
He is not trolling. He genuinely believes what he says. Icon_lol2
he isnt trolling, and if think carefully, mexes is still a big name as a defenders. but, he is still crap imo, we could get another defenders with the same quality but with better attitude and can still grow to make him a better 1 than mexes. so yeah i want him out.
Anybody but Mexes.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
My goodness, the list makes me shudder. I'd only keep De Sciglio and even he was awful the few times he played this season.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(05-23-2015, 02:57 PM)Nalx Wrote: My goodness, the list makes me shudder. I'd only keep De Sciglio and even he was awful the few times he played this season.

Why not Antonelli? Was it an inadvertent omission, or do you have some other reason?
I can bet that back line of

Abate -- Rami -- Mexes -- De Sciligo

is good enough to be Serie-A champs. Just need a coach with a normal brain to stick to this back line and avoid rotation, provided a decent midfield + forward line.
Argentina will win the World CupĀ 2022
Formerly mzk57
By the way...I remember Emanuel Mammana being mentioned a couple months ago and that we were apparently following him. I've heard good things about him, but I finally got to see him play in the Libertadores for River against Cruzeiro. I know that he is a CB naturally (but at 19 who's to say) but he played as a RB the other night. He was the highlight of River's team. Great young defender. I couldn't believe how seasoned he looked. The commentators were also full of praise for him.

Just wanted to put that in here since I know that we were linked to him just a short while ago. He's definitely one of those players that wouldn't cost a fortune just yet. Now is the time to make a smart purchase like this....otherwise I can see someone like Porto getting him for 7/8 mil and sell him for 40-50 mil a couple years down the road.

Edit: sorry, I'll repost this in the summer mercato thread. Forgot that this is actually in the "players section".
I would leave Abate, Rami, Alex and De Sciglio, but non of them should be the first team starter.

Abate is just dumb defensively but good as a replacement. Alex and Rami are good enough to be on the bench in a decent team. And De Sciglio, PERHAPS, could become a good player in the future. This season he was just pathetic.
(05-23-2015, 07:49 PM)nefremo Wrote: By the way...I remember Emanuel Mammana being mentioned a couple months ago and that we were apparently following him. I've heard good things about him, but I finally got to see him play in the Libertadores for River against Cruzeiro. I know that he is a CB naturally (but at 19 who's to say) but he played as a RB the other night. He was the highlight of River's team. Great young defender. I couldn't believe how seasoned he looked. The commentators were also full of praise for him.

Just wanted to put that in here since I know that we were linked to him just a short while ago. He's definitely one of those players that wouldn't cost a fortune just yet. Now is the time to make a smart purchase like this....otherwise I can see someone like Porto getting him for 7/8 mil and sell him for 40-50 mil a couple years down the road.

Edit: sorry, I'll repost this in the summer mercato thread. Forgot that this is actually in the "players section".

I wouldn't be surprised if we went for more Argentina players. Thanks to the economic growth in Brazil, their players are now valued at much higher in the market too. And to be honest, I feel that nowadays Argentina actually have more depth in talent than Brazil, but of course I could be totally ignorant.