0%
0 0%
Bielsa, Let's Do this!
10.53%
2 10.53%
Total 19 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Head Coach talk 2015 and 2016 and beyond
Yep, direct quote. Real or one year off.
What a slap on Berlusconi's face.
Smart move by Carlo. Why would he want to deal with all the shit that goes on around our club. He also knows how good B & G are at keeping promises.
(05-23-2015, 03:18 PM)xudong Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 08:36 AM)mzk57 Wrote: Where is Maldini and Klopps name in the poll? Undecided

If you mean C. Maldini, then I don't think he is interested in coming out again at such an old age. If you mean P. Maldini, then let's not ruin another legend -- and I believe that he has said on multiple occasions that he is not at all interested in coaching.

C. Maldini old? Christian Maldini?
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
I think Carlo's decision is basically with a view for the Italy job in mind, which is fine.

Anyway, with Klopp (almost certainly going to England) and Conte (looks to stay with the Azzurri) looking unlikely, I actually think Sarri would be my preferred realistic option. I've watched A LOT of Empoli since we last faced them and honestly they're tactically fantastic, really well set up and organised and the players really seem to fight for him (just look at their performance for 75 minutes today following his displeasure of last week). Plus he seems to understand how to develop young players and imo best fits the philosophy Milan should be putting in place to rebuild.

I was thinking (pretty randomly) it would be interesting if a guy like Costacurta was to be his assistant. A guy who knows the Milan dressing room and has a real authoritative air at the club. There was a story that Gattuso once shaved and left some hair in the dressing room sink back when they played together and Costacurta basically kicked his ass and told him to clean it up Big Grin . Plus Costacurta's a qualified coach himself and is known for his understanding of the tactical aspects of the game. I think he could be a good foil for Sarri to work with.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Sarri's a risk, but then were he to fail, it's very likely Conte will be available in a year.
(05-24-2015, 02:28 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I think Carlo's decision is basically with a view for the Italy job in mind, which is fine.

Anyway, with Klopp (almost certainly going to England) and Conte (looks to stay with the Azzurri) looking unlikely, I actually think Sarri would be my preferred realistic option. I've watched A LOT of Empoli since we last faced them and honestly they're tactically fantastic, really well set up and organised and the players really seem to fight for him (just look at their performance for 75 minutes today following his displeasure of last week). Plus he seems to understand how to develop young players and imo best fits the philosophy Milan should be putting in place to rebuild.

I was thinking (pretty randomly) it would be interesting if a guy like Costacurta was to be his assistant. A guy who knows the Milan dressing room and has a real authoritative air at the club. There was a story that Gattuso once shaved and left some hair in the dressing room sink back when they played together and Costacurta basically kicked his ass and told him to clean it up Big Grin . Plus Costacurta's a qualified coach himself and is known for his understanding of the tactical aspects of the game. I think he could be a good foil for Sarri to work with.

Edit: Forgot to mention that Sarri's a risk, but then were he to fail, it's very likely Conte will be available in a year.

Will this guy be a 2nd Allegri?
How do you mean a second Allegri?
(05-24-2015, 03:15 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: How do you mean a second Allegri?

A highly rated coach from a relegation contender team who turned his team into at least competing in midtable, doing well with Italian players and youth... (current conditions)

Then came to Milan in this situation, lost the dressing room and fans, became a scapegoat... (forecast)

Then go to the rivals and win UCL and Serie A...? Sagrin
(05-24-2015, 06:04 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 03:15 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: How do you mean a second Allegri?

A highly rated coach from a relegation contender team who turned his team into at least competing in midtable, doing well with Italian players and youth... (current conditions)

Then came to Milan in this situation, lost the dressing room and fans, became a scapegoat... (forecast)

Then go to the rivals and win UCL and Serie A...? Sagrin

You forgot Coppa Italia. :d
I second the choice of Sarri. I satrted watching Empoli for Saponara and they have been impressive. Especially for a team with a wage bill of 11m. I read some features about him as well and he seems very much like Bielsa to me. In terms of personality that is. I would love Sarri at Milan since he's pretty much th ebest option we have right now. I was never much convinced with Montella anyways, besides he doesn't seem to like us too much.

Costacurta as an assistant is worth pondering over. What about Tassotti then? Is he not good enough to stay with us anymore then?