FM- AC Milan Youth Project
Berlusconi keeps ranting about all Italian Milan, young Milan and this is where I got the idea from. How about a Football Manager save where our beloved team is only made up of Youth players and Italian players. (Grazie Presidente for the idea)

I have been playing FM since the days of CM3 and have played every version since, whiling away countless hours. This save however is perhaps the most unique of them all as our youth system isn't really the most robust. The only non Italian players in my team were Niang and Zapata. I didn't want to change the defense overnight coz 1) we don't have good central defenders in our youth (at least on FM) and b) I felt we needed a senior presence at the back. So Zapata stayed and did very well.

The team required a lot of tweaking, especially during the game and very specific team talks. I also made sure to praise young players every time they did something good and while the formation etc. were rather attacking, I played very conservatively during the match, with shit tons of pressing. So much that fullbacks barely last a game.

Here is the result for the first year. I have uploaded screenshots in this gallery. - https://imgur.com/a/dzPnr#0
Lol nice experiment, thanks for sharing.
miss the old time i used to be playing fm, playing from morning till morning again Icon_lol2
I win the league in the 3rd season in charge, sold almost all (useless) players we have in the first 2 seasons
aka edysim
(05-25-2015, 05:30 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Lol nice experiment, thanks for sharing.

The reason why I did this was coz FM as a game is known for predicting future talents. Mostly coz of their excellent scouting network (mostly fans who volunteer and are shortlisted). So much so that even clubs are using their scouting database to search for players (http://www.theguardian.com/technology/20...uting-tool)

Most of us who play FM were well aware of Aguero, Kompany, Hazard before they got even a little attention. While people are slammed for judging players on their FIFA stats (which is right, as FIFA does a horrible job with that), with FM things have been rather to the point (barring the intentionally overpowered no names).

My intention was to predict the future of some of our players. At times the game is too realistic to real life. Like EL shaarawy getting injured for the most part. He also almost always cuts in and you can really see his playing style as it is in real life. While you see a guy like Tevez out muscling everyone and winning games on his own. And to control CR7 or Messi is a nightmare. In one match with Real, all my midfield was exhausted keeping CR7 in check.

(05-26-2015, 05:24 AM)sylrus Wrote: miss the old time i used to be playing fm, playing from morning till morning again Icon_lol2

I once got dumped at 6 am coz my girlfriend discovered me playing FM all night. Just one more game.. the old excuse Smile

(05-26-2015, 04:30 PM)edysim Wrote: I win the league in the 3rd season in charge, sold almost all (useless) players we have in the first 2 seasons

Yes that's what we all do when we play as Milan. Worry about getting rid of the trash.
I did play FM recently, but I only managed to make real youth project after 5 or 6 seasons. The reason is that Milan's youth is not world class. Even Mastour is not that good.

Actually, after my first season (which I finished 3rd!) I sold De Sciglio, ELS, Bonaventura and Menez, all for VERY good money. On on top of that I built a team that won the CL in two seasons. After a while, only Diego Lopes and De Jong were there from current Milan's squad.

The biggest problem was to sell Mexes and similar shit. They are worthless, but with high salaries, which means that they demanded ME to pay their salary after they left. But I sold them anyway Smile

After a while, I made very young team, but most talents arrived from Brazil, or Real, PSG and similar youth teams.
If any of you are interested the following seasons are below-

Season 2- The return of the prodigal songs- I bring back 3 of our ex-youth players that I have always wanted to see featuring for the first team.

Season 3- You can't win anything with kids. A season that far surpassed my expectations.

I have uploaded player screenshots to show you how they develop.
(05-26-2015, 05:35 PM)maharaja Wrote: I did play FM recently, but I only managed to make real youth project after 5 or 6 seasons. The reason is that Milan's youth is not world class. Even Mastour is not that good.

Actually, after my first season (which I finished 3rd!) I sold De Sciglio, ELS, Bonaventura and Menez, all for VERY good money. On on top of that I built a team that won the CL in two seasons. After a while, only Diego Lopes and De Jong were there from current Milan's squad.

The biggest problem was to sell Mexes and similar shit. They are worthless, but with high salaries, which means that they demanded ME to pay their salary after they left. But I sold them anyway Smile

After a while, I made very young team, but most talents arrived from Brazil, or Real, PSG and similar youth teams.

Some of our youth actually are pretty good. Guys like Locatelli, Felicioli, Fossati, Verdi, Calabria etc, they turn into really solid players. But yes initially, they aren't so impressive. Mastour is always injured in my save and I really do not know where to play him.

Personally, I am too attached to De Sciglio and El Sha and could never sell them. In fact De Sciglio is captain of my Milan and El Sha the vice captain. Yes, I am sentimental like that Smile
(05-26-2015, 05:38 PM)somedevil Wrote: Personally, I am too attached to De Sciglio and El Sha and could never sell them. In fact De Sciglio is captain of my Milan and El Sha the vice captain. Yes, I am sentimental like that Smile

Same here Devilcool

Italians in FM 2015 are generally shit. I only bought Darmian and Florenzi, and for backup Sturaro and Bernardeschi. Bonaventura is world class if you know how to play him.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
ELS
[Image: els.jpg]

De Sciglio
[Image: de_sciglio.jpg]

Bonaventura
[Image: bonaventura.jpg]

Menez
[Image: menez.jpg]

Mastour
[Image: mastour.jpg]