Riccardo Montolivo
He also took a hit at Milan's leadership, naming Gattuso and Leonardo, during his last season.

To be honest, yes he wasn't the best player we had, but the way he was treated was aweful and, though not a popular opinion, he certainly has more quality than the shit we have in our midfield these days.
(11-13-2019, 11:10 AM)Ace Wrote: He also took a hit at Milan's leadership, naming Gattuso and Leonardo, during his last season.

To be honest, yes he wasn't the best player we had, but the way he was treated was aweful and, though not a popular opinion, he certainly has more quality than the shit we have in our midfield these days.

no he isn't, he has the same quality as our current midfield, and what he did he earn it, he even disrespect pipo.
So...Our next coach?
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Yes, the root of his problems start with Pippo.

I was waiting for when his bullshit comments were going to come. These turds love talking about "fairness"...but if they are so faur why didn't they go to the club and say "don't pay me until i start earning it on the field because i've absolute shit", OR "i'm no longer fit for this club, so i wanna go elsewhere".
But no. They are happy to collect 3.5 million a year.

I don't blame them for collecting. It's the club that agreed to it and signed the contract. But in return, i'd expect them not to blame the club for making whatever decision it sees fit. The club didn't owe Montolivo playing time. It owed him 3.5mil a year and gave him just that. Montolivo in return owed the club top performances as he was the top paid player...and he delivered shit performances. So he didn't do what they were supposed to?

I also don't buy the "I never refused a transfer" comment. Of course you didn't. To refuse a transfer, it has to be all agreed first with the club AND with the agent. The club surely agreed to sell, but the agent would have demanded a salary close to Milan's that clearly nobody was going to pay. So in the end, there was nothing to refuse.

It just pisses me off when these players come out some time later and "reveal" all this shit. Jist shut the fuck up. The club made you a millionaire. You don't have to work a day in your life anymore. All contractual obligations were met by the club. That's what matters. That's what business is, and this is business.
DISCLAIMER: I am not Motolivo nor am I related to him in anyway, I don't love him nor do I hate him. these are just my opinions. Please keep me a part of this family? Big Grin

@sylrus: Nah, he's certainly better than Kessie. He got unfairly roasted by the fans for mistakes that Bigilia, Kessie and even Bennacer do week in week out. And he more than has an amazing range of passes that Bigilia only dreams of making, atleast that what I saw from their time here. Better speed and better defensive ability. All in all, more suited to the regista role than the clowns we have now(To be fair, Bennacer can rule that role if he focuses more).

@nefremo: I chose not to believe any words that were said about the situation be it from Gattuso, Pippo or Montolivo, because they all just want to cover their asses.
But to be honest, being stripped from the captain's armband is devastating mentally, being stripped from the captain's armband and to give it to a mercenary like Bonucci is a damn catastrophe and a shame on the club. That's what I remember from Montella's time.
Come next season, he's suddenly excluded from the squad flying to the USA with no obvious explanation from the management, not even to the fans. Forward couple of months and we have ourselves a midfield situation with only 2 pure midfielders available to play, and what does Gattuso do? take a huge gamble by playing Calabria in the midfield 3. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anything professional in the behavior towards Montolivo from the management and Gattuso in those cases.

In short, was Montolivo a saint? was he one of our best players? no ofcourse not! was he treated fairly by the management and the fans? in my humble opinion, also no.
(11-13-2019, 04:20 PM)Ace Wrote: DISCLAIMER: I am not Motolivo nor am I related to him in anyway, I don't love him nor do I hate him. these are just my opinions. Please keep me a part of this family? Big Grin

@sylrus: Nah, he's certainly better than Kessie. He got unfairly roasted by the fans for mistakes that Bigilia, Kessie and even Bennacer do week in week out. And he more than has an amazing range of passes that Bigilia only dreams of making, atleast that what I saw from their time here. Better speed and better defensive ability. All in all, more suited to the regista role than the clowns we have now(To be fair, Bennacer can rule that role if he focuses more).

@nefremo: I chose not to believe any words that were said about the situation be it from Gattuso, Pippo or Montolivo, because they all just want to cover their asses.
But to be honest, being stripped from the captain's armband is devastating mentally, being stripped from the captain's armband and to give it to a mercenary like Bonucci is a damn catastrophe and a shame on the club. That's what I remember from Montella's time.
Come next season, he's suddenly excluded from the squad flying to the USA with no obvious explanation from the management, not even to the fans. Forward couple of months and we have ourselves a midfield situation with only 2 pure midfielders available to play, and what does Gattuso do? take a huge gamble by playing Calabria in the midfield 3. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see anything professional in the behavior towards Montolivo from the management and Gattuso in those cases.

In short, was Montolivo a saint? was he one of our best players? no ofcourse not! was he treated fairly by the management and the fans? in my humble opinion, also no.

Whatever...Monto-Lover!  Sagrin

But I can see your point. My thing is...there are 2 sides to every story. We only have 1 of them. I don't see the club bashing Monto. Whether what they did with him was justified is subjective and nobody can know without hearing both sides. 
The only facts we know is that there was a contract worth 3.5 mil per year and the club met its obligation.

Btw, totally agree on the capaltaincy. Giving the band to a newly signed player from Juventus was embarrassing. It should have never happened. It was a slap in the face not only to Monto, but also to others in the squad. It lacked respect towards the club to be honest.
(11-13-2019, 01:05 PM)nefremo Wrote: Yes, the root of his problems start with Pippo.

I was waiting for when his bullshit comments were going to come. These turds love talking about "fairness"...but if they are so faur why didn't they go to the club and say "don't pay me until i start earning it on the field because i've absolute shit", OR "i'm no longer fit for this club, so i wanna go elsewhere".
But no. They are happy to collect 3.5 million a year.

I don't blame them for collecting. It's the club that agreed to it and signed the contract. But in return, i'd expect them not to blame the club for making whatever decision it sees fit. The club didn't owe Montolivo playing time. It owed him 3.5mil a year and gave him just that. Montolivo in return owed the club top performances as he was the top paid player...and he delivered shit performances. So he didn't do what they were supposed to?

I also don't buy the "I never refused a transfer" comment. Of course you didn't. To refuse a transfer, it has to be all agreed first with the club AND with the agent. The club surely agreed to sell, but the agent would have demanded a salary close to Milan's that clearly nobody was going to pay. So in the end, there was nothing to refuse.

It just pisses me off when these players come out some time later and "reveal" all this shit. Jist shut the fuck up. The club made you a millionaire. You don't have to work a day in your life anymore. All contractual obligations were met by the club. That's what matters. That's what business is, and this is business.

Yep. THe guy was terrible for us toward the end. got gifted an amazing deal from Galliani. Refused to drop his wage which was essentially "refusing a transfer" without out and out refusing a transfer. The idiot wanted to sit there on his top $ deal and do whatever he liked and get treated like a king? Maybe if B+G were around but once they left, so did the favors.

(11-13-2019, 05:45 PM)nefremo Wrote: Whatever...Monto-Lover!  Sagrin

But I can see your point. My thing is...there are 2 sides to every story. We only have 1 of them. I don't see the club bashing Monto. Whether what they did with him was justified is subjective and nobody can know without hearing both sides. 
The only facts we know is that there was a contract worth 3.5 mil per year and the club met its obligation.

Btw, totally agree on the capaltaincy. Giving the band to a newly signed player from Juventus was embarrassing. It should have never happened. It was a slap in the face not only to Monto, but also to others in the squad. It lacked respect towards the club to be honest.

Bonucci was a stupid move. 
But Monto should have lost it... but lost it to Bonaventura or Roma.
Didn't he say that his wife was pregnant at the time so he didn't want to leave Milano? Was that not refusing a transfer?

This guy also said one can say that Milan ended his playing career. How laughable! If he was any decent at all, shouldn't he have a job right now?

I bet he is going to write a book now. That would be easy money. At end of the day, this is just an dishonest guy who doesn't want to work hard to earn a living. 

Good riddance.