Taye Taiwo
The man with one of the meanest shots in world football might just be the solution to our left-back problems. Sure, he's a bit suspect on the defensive side, but he more than makes up that with his frankly ridiculous attacking potential (this guy guarantees at least 5 goals a season... that's more than any individual in the current midfield scored this season!) and physical presence. Besides, if there's any place he can learn to be a proper defender, it's at Milan. So, FORZA TAYE!!!
Don Silvio, what is your aim???
Once he knocked out his schoolmate with a shot so bad that all the parents urged him to quit football altogether. Haha can't wait to see him do that again. Agree with Shegs about the learning part. Let's hope he can take a pointer or two from Tassoti and improve like Abate this season.

www.fourfourtwo.com/blogs/thefrenchconnection/archive/2011/04/27/cannonball-kid-taiwo-blows-away-montpellier-before-heading-for-milan.aspx
per l'amaro e il dolce
(05-22-2011, 12:28 AM)Nalx Wrote: Once he knocked out his schoolmate with a shot so bad that all the parents urged him to quit football altogether. Haha can't wait to see him do that again. Agree with Shegs about the learning part. Let's hope he can take a pointer or two from Tassoti and improve like Abate this season.

www.fourfourtwo.com/blogs/thefrenchconnection/archive/2011/04/27/cannonball-kid-taiwo-blows-away-montpellier-before-heading-for-milan.aspx

I wouldn't want to be in that schoolmate's shoes Exclamation
(05-22-2011, 12:28 AM)Nalx Wrote: Once he knocked out his schoolmate with a shot so bad that all the parents urged him to quit football altogether. Haha can't wait to see him do that again. Agree with Shegs about the learning part. Let's hope he can take a pointer or two from Tassoti and improve like Abate this season.

That is awesome! I'm so psyched to see him wear the red and black jersey after knowing that. Sagrin

If Allegri and Tassoti, and lets not forget Nesta-Silva could teach Abate to become a solid RB then I think they can repeat the feat with Taiwo. It's been a while since we've had some fullbacks with such outstanding physical characteristics, so even if they make some mistakes defensively they can make up for it with pace most of the time. As it is right now our defense has been solid, even with many injuries, so we are set. Plus Taiwo will prove to be an invaluable asset going forward.

Also... on Wikipedia it says his number will be nr 2. That just feels wrong for a LB. Honestly I'd give that number to Abate if anyone.
(05-22-2011, 10:55 AM)Gio-mania Wrote:

That is awesome! I'm so psyched to see him wear the red and black jersey after knowing that. Sagrin

If Allegri and Tassoti, and lets not forget Nesta-Silva could teach Abate to become a solid RB then I think they can repeat the feat with Taiwo. It's been a while since we've had some fullbacks with such outstanding physical characteristics, so even if they make some mistakes defensively they can make up for it with pace most of the time. As it is right now our defense has been solid, even with many injuries, so we are set. Plus Taiwo will prove to be an invaluable asset going forward.

Also... on Wikipedia it says his number will be nr 2. That just feels wrong for a LB. Honestly I'd give that number to Abate if anyone.

This new (as opposed to old/traditional) number system is all messed up anyway. I would rather that Taiwo gets 2 than something like 81 or 97; that way, we could keep the number inflation at bay.

I would like for Abate to get #2 also, just for the record.
aka xudong
That was really impressive! just hope he can perform at such a good level consistently for Milan.
I am getting quite impatient. When will he start playing?
aka xudong
For now I don't think Taye's a big concern as Zambrotta's doing well. It's beneficial for us if he doesn't really need to start too often having just come back and is given time to integrate into the group.
Zambrotta is doing well, and if Alegri doesn't start him, it probably means he isn't match fit.

I would rather wait for a week or two then rush him back from the injury and see him injured again.
"Defending is part of football... Keep possession 95% if u want... but the score is 2-2... thats it!! Well done milan.. Make serie a proud once again.. Big Grin"