DI Canio Swindon Town and Milan
Hi first time poster.I am a Swindon Town fan and today Paolo Di Canio was introduced at a press conference as our manager. You can follow the link here.
http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/new..._for_help/

Di Canio has said he plans to meet with AC Milan chairman Adriano Galliani to discuss the possibility of some of the Italian giants' youth team players being sent to Swindon.

Who if anyone do you think we might get and who would be worth watching out for?

Also out of interest when Paolo was at Milan from 94-96 what was his squad number?
I'm not sure, you maybe can get some youngsters with decent potential, not the best from our Primavera though. They won't gain that much at that level.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
(05-23-2011, 09:25 PM)theaxeofpain Wrote: I'm not sure, you maybe can get some youngsters with decent potential, not the best from our Primavera though. They won't gain that much at that level.

The English 2nd Division is a pile of dross as far as quality goes so I'm not sure what they will gain from going to England except a reality check!
(05-23-2011, 09:28 PM)redbrum Wrote: The English 2nd Division is a pile of dross as far as quality goes so I'm not sure what they will gain from going to England except a reality check!

The loan move to Swindon might be good for some youngsters, just for some experience if they aren't getting playing time at the Primavera squad.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
(05-23-2011, 09:17 PM)redbrum Wrote: Hi first time poster.I am a Swindon Town fan and today Paolo Di Canio was introduced at a press conference as our manager. You can follow the link here.

Di Canio has said he plans to meet with AC Milan chairman Adriano Galliani to discuss the possibility of some of the Italian giants' youth team players being sent to Swindon.

Who if anyone do you think we might get and who would be worth watching out for?

Also out of interest when Paolo was at Milan from 94-96 what was his squad number?

I honestly don't remember, but he was not a starter in Milan. He scored some nice goals as far as I can remember.

Also, when was the first season that each player was assigned a set number that can be changed within a season? I wanted to say 95-96. Can anyone confirm? Before then, it was always No. 1 to No. 11 on the pitch, and players' numbers changed all the time too, also depending on if they got to play.

I remember van Basten having No. 16 jersey as he was Papin's substitute for at least one game in 92-93 season, possibly in the game against Ancona. Big Grin
aka xudong
(05-23-2011, 09:57 PM)xudong Wrote:
(05-23-2011, 09:17 PM)redbrum Wrote: Hi first time poster.I am a Swindon Town fan and today Paolo Di Canio was introduced at a press conference as our manager. You can follow the link here.

I honestly don't remember, but he was not a starter in Milan. He scored some nice goals as far as I can remember.

Also, when was the first season that each player was assigned a set number that can be changed within a season? I wanted to say 95-96. Can anyone confirm? Before then, it was always No. 1 to No. 11 on the pitch, and players' numbers changed all the time too, also depending on if they got to play.

I remember van Basten having No. 16 jersey as he was Papin's substitute for at least one game in 92-93 season, possibly in the game against Ancona. Big Grin

Someone sold a so called 'match worn' Di Canio shirt on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?V...K:MEWAX:IT

The number on that a 94-96 shirt was a 7? Is this correct?
Welcome.

Not to disrespect you, second league is the 4th. level league in England?

This year we have some new promising and interesting players. Some of them are Calvano, Fossati, Verdi, Baretta, Ely and Carmona. Among these players I doubt they will go the second league, at least they should go to the small club in similar level like Serie B. Other players in Primavera probably could go to Swindon, especially the ones who are the eldest players in the team and not caught by Allegri's eye.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(05-24-2011, 07:54 AM)Siregar Wrote: Welcome.

This year we have some new promising and interesting players. Some of them are Calvano, Fossati, Verdi, Baretta, Ely and Carmona. Among these players I doubt they will go the second league, at least they should go to the small club in similar level like Serie B. Other players in Primavera probably could go to Swindon, especially the ones who are the eldest players in the team and not caught by Allegri's eye.

None taken, we are a much smaller club than the Mighty Milan but were once in the Premier League back in 1993. We also have had a history of giving great players their first break into management, Glen Hoddle and Ossie Ardiles are the ones that spring to mind. We will be in League 2 next year but are true level is probably the bottom middle of the Championship (division below Premiership).

When you talk about second league and Primevara is this like a reserve team?

Dan

(05-24-2011, 09:39 AM)redbrum Wrote:
(05-24-2011, 07:54 AM)Siregar Wrote: Welcome.

Welcome to MM redbrum Smile

I saw Di Canio's comments yesterday, but wasn't sure how much he will expect given that he's made it clear he wants mostly English players. Personally, I can see the odd player going to Swindon to develop there, but like others have suggested, they're not likely to be important players in our youth set up.

If I was Di Canio, I'd request Oduamadi joins Swindon on a loan deal. He's young, but no longer part of our youth set up. However, he's struggled a lot for space in the first team squad and does need experience. In England he could do well as he runs a lot and is a decent dribbler.
(05-24-2011, 09:39 AM)redbrum Wrote: None taken, we are a much smaller club than the Mighty Milan but were once in the Premier League back in 1993. We also have had a history of giving great players their first break into management, Glen Hoddle and Ossie Ardiles are the ones that spring to mind. We will be in League 2 next year but are true level is probably the bottom middle of the Championship (division below Premiership).

When you talk about second league and Primevara is this like a reserve team?

I mean by second league is League 2. Which level is actually league 2? I read on wikipedia, it said that it is below Leauge 1 which is below Championship (under Premiership).

In Italy there is no reserve team, it is junior team, Primavera. If I am not mistaken, it is for U20. So, it is not like in England.

I am waiting for the news about young players sent to Swindon.

"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta