Week 1: Fiorentina - Milan (Sunday, August 23 - 20:45 CET)
After a most exciting summer break, I personally can't wait for the start of the new Serie A season. New owners, new coach, new philosophy and new players, Milan fans certainly have plenty to be excited about this season. We can finally begin to dream of slowly making a run to the top echelons of Italian football once more. It's important to remember that this is year 0 with Mihajlovic and Mr. Bee and as such we should temper our expectations a bit.

IMO this is a tough season opener away at Fiorentina. They finished 4th last season and were able to keep a lot of important pieces of their squad over the summer as well as recovering Guiseppe Rossi from long term injury. I expect the players to give it their all and we will certainly need it in order to defeat a strong Fiorentina side. The performance and attitude of the players against a team of Fiorentina's quality will help to inform us of the kind of ambition we should be having for this season.

FORZA MILAN!!
Siamo a posto cosi.
Can't wait!

If we win against Fiorentina, it will be a real boost in confidence just when our players need it.
Predicable starting lineup, it literally picks itself right now:

L. Adriano ------- Bacca
Honda
             Bertolacci --------- Mauri (worth a try)
De Jong
           Antonelli -- Ely -- Romagnoli -- De Sciglio
D. Lopez

I'd take Matri, Cerci, Suso, Jack, Poli, Paletta, Mexes, and Abiatti as subs.
Menez is probably out with his back flairing up again. 
Would pick Soriano/Witsel if they manage to come in, but we'll see....

Fiorentina have proven to be good in pre-season, and the players to look out for are Valero, Mario Suarez and wunderkid Bernardeschi. I believe our team has the edge in firepower, and I'm confident that our defensive line will hold and that we'll walk away with at least a draw, if not a win.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
I agree with your predicted lineup, with the only exception in Mauri. I don't think he has shown enough to convince Mihajlovic. I am pretty sure that it is still going to be Bonaventura, or maybe even Poli, but not Mauri.
Menez is in Monte Carlo meeting his back doctor so he'll miss the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08-20-2015, 02:59 AM)PerSempre Wrote: Menez is in Monte Carlo meeting his back doctor so he'll miss the game

didn't he play the last 20 minutes against Perugia? strange, if he played without fully recovered.
Football Italia said that he started feeling pains again after his appearance. I hope they're wrong though as Menez would make an excellent player coming off the bench against Fiorentina.

Agree with xudong. How come Mauri to be put in starting line-up. He hasn't shown enough proof both from qualities and fitness to be starter. Bonaventura did not bad last game, he should be there. The rest is ok.

Last game againts Perugia, our defense has not yet really tested. I do not hope that our defense will be tested by Fio but I expect they attack better than Perugia which means the mdfield include Honda should defend better than last time to help our defenders. I am still worried about our backline especially duo CB, hopefully they are strong enough for Serie A.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(08-20-2015, 03:17 AM)PerSempre Wrote: Football Italia said that he started feeling pains again after his appearance. I hope they're wrong though as Menez would make an excellent player coming off the bench against Fiorentina.

Thanks for clarifying. That's terrible news that he is re-injured. I hope it is not too serious.
(08-20-2015, 05:13 AM)Siregar Wrote: Agree with xudong. How come Mauri to be put in starting line-up. He hasn't shown enough proof both from qualities and fitness to be starter. Bonaventura did not bad last game, he should be there. The rest is ok.

Last game againts Perugia, our defense has  not yet really tested. I do not hope that our defense will be tested by Fio but I expect they attack better than Perugia which means the mdfield include Honda should defend better than last time to help our defenders. I am still worried about our backline especially duo CB, hopefully they are strong enough for Serie A.

Truth be told, I put Mauri there because of all the pre-season games I'd watched, I didn't find Jack nor Poli to be convincing enough to start the match. I was actually expecting either Monto or Nocerino to start against Perugia.
Jack just doesn't seem comfortable when he's that far away from the goal, and his passing isn't always on point. I do recall him making passes to opponents under no pressure, and for some reason I find that he gets the ball taken off of him a lot.

Poli has always had an issue with reaction time, even if he does better than Nocerino or Montolivo at passing. Too many times we've seen clumsy tackles and yellow cards because he timed his stops wrong, or couldn't react in time to the opponent.  Against a midfield like Fiorentina, I don't really believe he'll work.

Whenever I've seen Mauri on the pitch, I feel like at minimum we don't lose the balance in the midfield, and as a young player, he has more energy when tracking back and defending, and reminds me somewhat of Giovinco when making and reacting to passes and pushing forward (solely in the midfield, I'm not comparing the two players). With him, I feel we get an air of unpredictability in the midfield, and not in an inconsistent, pass to the opponent, kind of way either. Plus, he's pretty damn fast both on and off the ball.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool