Poll: Will Kondogbia make us regret not signing him?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, he'll help Inter dominate midfield
0%
0 0%
No, we will be able to keep him quiet
38.46%
5 38.46%
Poli for president
61.54%
8 61.54%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Week 3: Inter - Milan (Sunday, September 13, - 20:45 CET)
It is, but I'm not shocked, it's been a while since we were the dominant side in the derby.

I'd go for Zapata ahead of Ely, Zapata's been doing well and seems to be finding an understanding with Romagnoli. Ely, for this season at least, shouldn't be pressured into becoming a definite starter, he needs to grow in peace. Bear in mind he's not played at this level yet. The fullback situation is interesting, I expect Abate and DES to start, but Abate worries me.

I'm more interested in the midfield, whether Bonaventura stays in AM, where he's shown improvement lately, or whether he drops back into midfield (as we're light there following Bertolacci's injury) with Honda coming back. I can't see Poli or Nocerino really getting the nod, but there is Kucka, who is maybe a solid option to have.

Right now, I think I'd go for this:

----------------------Lopez----------------------
Abate--------Zapata-----Romagnoli--------DES
----------------------de Jong--------------------
---------Montolivo--------------Kucka----------
-----------------------Bona-----------------------
---------------Adriano-----Bacca----------------

I can't deny my concerns about the midfield.
No Miranda for Inter as he picked up an injury during the international break. Source
Siamo a posto cosi.
(09-10-2015, 07:44 AM)somedevil Wrote: This is just remarkable http://www.milannews.it/primo-piano/una-...rro-186930

Wow, didn't realize it was that bad.
Galliani says he thinks we can play three upfront with Balo. I wonder if that was his midfield solution all along Smile It makes finding someone to play CAM a lot easier...now we just need to find some wingers (no one better suggest Cerci)
(09-11-2015, 02:21 AM)honsano Wrote: Galliani says he thinks we can play three upfront with Balo. I wonder if that was his midfield solution all along Smile  It makes finding someone to play CAM a lot easier...now we just need to find some wingers (no one better suggest Cerci)

I think his so-called 3 up front means Balo will be playing in the hole AS the CAM.
We are not reverting back to a 4-3-3, it's still going to be a diamond 4-4-2.

Based on the way he played in the friendly, he probably could pull it off. That would push Honda, and Jack back into midfield...... which might just actually work considering that both are good with short, accurate passes. That would mean that De Jong would have to do more defensive work though... Technically, I would love to try that, but probably not against Merda.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
I personally wouldn't use Balotelli in AM unless neccessity demanded it. I don't think he has the movement or intelligence to perform the role consistently well.

I'm pretty hyped about this derby, not really sure why as I'm not expecting a great game. I watched the 93/94 derby last night, where Panucci and Papin scored for the win and it was awesome. A lot of quality (lots of mistakes too tbh), it was a game that felt 10 times more intense and quick to any Milan or Inter match today, it's clear as night and day to see the difference of those sides to today.
Training http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x369t6e...2015_sport
Great video, somedevil, thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for sharing, didn't think there were any videos like this available anymore.
Good ol' FI match preview shared below:

Quote:The Stadio Meazza will finally host a Derby della Madonnina that carries the anticipation and buzz worthy of both teams' domestic and continental history.

It is largely agreed across Europe that Inter had one of the continent's busiest and more impressive transfer markets, however the sheer number of incoming players and the fact that the final four arrivals all did not begin training with the squad until the start of the international break means that Roberto Mancini will certainly be facing integration issues.

Mancini is expected to start with a balanced 4-3-3 formation, however, a knee injury to central defender Joao Miranda will probably see the out of favour Andrea Ranocchia pair up with Jeison Murillo at the back. There are rumours that Mauro Icardi's thigh strain has not recovered quite as well as hoped, in which case a forward trident of Rodrigo Palacio, Ivan Perisic and Stefan Jovetic will be the probable starting combination.

After a comprehensive Week 1 loss to Fiorentina and an unconvincing win against Empoli, it is clear that Milan are still a work in progress. This is something that Coach Sinisa Mihajlovic is well aware of, as highlighted by his public criticism of his side's performance after the Empoli result.

Mihajlovic has to contend with a late injury to new signing Andrea Bertolacci and so will have to utilise Giacomo Bonaventura as the creative outlet behind his dynamic attacking duo of Carlos Bacca and Luiz Adriano.

Off the pitch lifelong friends Mihajlovic and Mancini will almost telepathically know each other’s game plan in a fixture where the midfield battle will be pivotal in deciding the outcome.

Despite the derby coming a bit too early for both Coaches to have found their best respective formations, it is still a fixture of critical importance where the tone of the remainder of the season may be set.

Keep an eye on: Stevan Jovetic (Inter) – Since the Montenegrin arrived from Manchester City during the summer he's been unstoppable, as he scored all of Inter's three goals in their two opening fixtures and netted for his country during the international break as well. If Jojo can maintain his form, Milan's defence will be in for a rough ride.

Form Guide: Inter (- - - W W) Milan (- - - L W)

Last season: Inter 0-0 Milan

Stat fact: Between 2004 and 2008 both Mihajlovic and Mancini were involved in eight Serie A Milan Derbies, where both men featured on the Nerazzurro side of the pitch. Miha was an Inter player for Mancini in the first four and then moved up as his assistant.

Inter (probable): Handanovic; Jesus, Murillo, Ranocchia, Santon; Kondogbia, Medel, Guarin; Jovetic, Icardi, Perisic

Suspended: None

Milan (probable): Lopez; De Sciglio, Zapata, Romagnoli, Abate; Poli, De Jong, Kucka; Bonaventura, Bacca, Luiz Adriano

Suspended:N one

Words: Mohamed Nassar

Some sources also claim that Montolivo may start instead of Poli. Elsewhere, Antonelli, Bertolacci, Mexes, Menez, Niang are all injured. Called up list of players will be provided tomorrow as always.
Siamo a posto cosi.