Rodrigo Ely
Surprised there doesn't appear to be a thread about this guy. Anyway, came across a pretty interesting article on the guy. Not sure I totally agree with it, especially the notion he can't become a superstar at the end (he's too young to tell what will happen), but interesting nonetheless:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/25626...r-ac-milan?
I'm curious to know when do players with dual nationalities choose which National team to play for.. especially for Ely as he has played for Italy on both U-19 and U-20 and now he's listed in Brazil's U-23 team... ?

@Dev: I disagree with them on " He didn't particularly stand out at the back, but he didn't make any calamitous errors either", as I thought while he wasn't great, he was pretty solid at the back and did lots of good work considering he was being played alongside Alex.

Also, Didn't T.Silva get sent off in one of his first matches us and also a failed back-pass which gifted out of all of Roma's players, he gifted Totti a 1vs1 chance with our GK? then everybody starting asking him to sit on the bench and dubbing him a 1-season wonder?
He went on and became one of our solid foundations...

PS: I read that article when you posted it.. don't know why I didn't reply then though :/
(10-02-2015, 03:44 PM)Ace Wrote: I'm curious to know when do players with dual nationalities choose which National team to play for.. especially for Ely as he has played for Italy on both U-19 and U-20 and now he's listed in Brazil's U-23 team... ?

If a player is capped once (playing on field) by senior national team, he cannot play for other national teams.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
As ZvonimirBoban's said, it's basically when a player plays for the senior national team that it's set. Not that it's always been the case, Diego Costa had actually played for Brazil before representing Spain.

Ace, no worries about not replying sooner, I wasn't really expecting much response Big Grin There's aspects of the article I disagree with too, which I mentioned in my original post, but that's opinion and really I posted it because it gives some background on him that I thought people might find interesting.
(10-02-2015, 08:20 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: As ZvonimirBoban's said, it's basically when a player plays for the senior national team that it's set. Not that it's always been the case, Diego Costa had actually played for Brazil before representing Spain.

I just got this from Diego Costa's wikipedia page:

"In September 2013, the Royal Spanish Football Federation made an official request to FIFA for permission to call up Costa for the Spanish national team.[120] He had been granted Spanish nationality in July,[121] and FIFA regulations permit players with more than one nationality to represent a second country if like Costa, he had only represented his first country in friendly matches.[120]"

Well that's something I didn't know before.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(10-02-2015, 04:01 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: If a player is capped once (playing on field) by senior national team, he cannot play for other national teams.

Which is why Morocco gave one to Mastour to lock him down for the future. They haven't even looked at him since then.
Aah.. makes more sense now...

Also, in addition to Ely, Jose Mauri also has been called up to both Italy's U-17 and recently to U-20 teams.

Hope that both end up playing for Italy though. Smile
That's right. I almost forgot that Jose Mauri was born in Argentina. Smile