Football Video replays
We've had many discussions on should or shouldn't FIFA introduce Video replays during matches, but it has never been in a thread of it's own.

I decided to open this thread as I couldn't find anywhere related to post this, so if there is a related place just merge them...

Anyway, news say that Brazil has sent a formal request/suggestion to be a "trial" league for this new technology after the much successful Goal-line technology.

Main allowed interventions by the Fourth referee will be those:

*To determine whether the ball crossed the goal line.
*To determine if the ball went out of play in the build-up to a goal or an awarded penalty.
*To determine whether there was an offside in the build-up to a goal or awarded penalty
*To determine whether a foul (already given) has taken place inside or outside the penalty area.
*To determine whether a clear and indisputable error has taken place in the awarding of a goal or a penalty.
*When instances of violent conduct have not been seen or dealt with adequately by the on-pitch officials.

Full article: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/n...ay-6506583

Are you with or against this suggestion? why?

If it true, and if it's only about points mentioned above, I believe that it can be pretty useful and it would prevent rather much controversy and by the looks of it won't slow down the play as the proposed technology is only available when play has stopped.
Ah cool, I know Brazil puts itself forward for these things quite often because it allows them to get some of the latest tech etc ahead of other nations.

Anyway, I think it's a great idea, I've generally advocated it and if you look at when interventions will be it's generally when there's a stoppage in play, so if they're efficient it shouldn't really add any extra time. Key thing for me is to have transparency, I'd suggest doing what cricket does often and show the replays on the jumbo screens to the fans.
"A trial of the use of video assistant referees for "game-changing decisions" in football will begin no later than the 2017-18 season."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/35736241

If done well, this will be very good for the game in terms of making it more modern and avoiding unnecessary controversy.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Key point is if it's done well. I will be interested in seeing it in work. Don't get me wrong, I generally advocate the use of technology in football, but it needs to be very clear in how it will work.
Blatter and Platini step down, this starts being pushed into football. Coincidence? I think not. Thank god those two idiots are out.