Poll: Should Montolivo and De Jong be played together for this game?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
28.57%
2 28.57%
No
71.43%
5 71.43%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Week 7: Milan - Napoli (Sunday, October 4 - 20:45 CET)
This is our last game before yet another international break. Napoli have the potential to be quite scary as was evident against Lazio, Juventus, and in the Europa League against Club Brugge. However, in the same breath they have dropped points against teams which you would have expected them to steamroll. I think our best chance is for them to have an off day and for us to be on our A-game. I'm not sure what their away record is like but I think their greatest performances so far this season have all come at home. Insigne is injured and I am not sure who else they will be missing for this weekend.

Romagnoli will be suspended following his red card yesterday so I expect Ely will partner Zapata in defense. Calabria had a bit of a tough time as well but I hope that he isn't yanked from the starting lineup immediately following one average performance. Montolivo should keep his spot in midfield and Balo IMO should be kept in as striker. 

As the days go by, I expect that we'll have more news regarding players' fitness and that will inform potential lineups for the weekend.

FORZA MILAN!
Siamo a posto cosi.
Maybe we do need de Jong to pair up with Montolivo and to help out the defense. I am hoping for a hard-fought draw. Sad
As good as Balo has been the last two matches, I'd rather we start with Bacca-Adriano up front. They're just more dynamic, understand each other better, and offer more movements with and without the ball compare to Balo-Adriano or Balo-Bacca's partnership. This is important IMO because eventhough Napoli attack is quite scary, their defense is not that solid.
per l'amaro e il dolce
I agree, Balo's done pretty well, but right now I think Bacca and Adriano have shown a little more up front as a pairing, particularly tactically.

There's interesting facets to this match, both for me personally, but also for the clubs. On a personal level, I have said multiple times how I wanted Sarri, Jorginho and Allan at Milan. They are key figures to the new Napoli being formed this season and I think could be cornerstones to them becoming very strong. Jorginho in particular impresses me, as he's playing out Valdifiori, who came to the club as one of Sarri's guys.

The other aspect to this is that Milan have over the years been very close to getting or linked to Jorginho (including just a couple of weeks ago). Sarri also looked set to join Milan and I read on Milannews yesterday that he was actually really close, only for Berlusconi to stop the appointment as Sarri made public his political stance (which I assume doesn't match Silvio's). The other aspect of this is Mihajlovic was also close to joining Napoli this past summer, with De Laurentis today saying they'd held talks, but while he wanted to take time to make a decision, Miha wasn't waiting.

Basically, events have lead us to the match we face this weekend, but circumstances could have been hugely different.
We need Bacca back right now, and I would have Adriano partner him, for better linkup play. Balo can be super sub so long as we give him 30 minutes (if the first two are ineffective).

Bertolacci did alright last match, so I would have him stay. But considering Napoli's midfield, I would have Kucka on from the start. Montolivo and Jack to round things out. Honda to try coming on if we need attacking options, but for once I'd like to see Mauri on instead of Poli.

As for defense.. I'd try Antonelli and De Sciglio, because they'll probably try exploiting Calabria again if we have him on from the start. Ely should start in defense, but we have no one to partner him with.... maybe Miha will suit up and give us a hand???
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(09-30-2015, 02:43 AM)Ryo Wrote: We need Bacca back right now, and I would have Adriano partner him, for better linkup play. Balo can be super sub so long as we give him 30 minutes (if the first two are ineffective).

Bertolacci did alright last match, so I would have him stay. But considering Napoli's midfield, I would have Kucka on from the start. Montolivo and Jack to round things out. Honda to try coming on if we need attacking options, but for once I'd like to see Mauri on instead of Poli.

As for defense.. I'd try Antonelli and De Sciglio, because they'll probably try exploiting Calabria again if we have him on from the start. Ely should start in defense, but we have no one to partner him with.... maybe Miha will suit up and give us a hand???

Let's call up Inzaghi, Maldini and Shevchenko while we're at it Big Grin

But all joking aside, I think that Kucka should get a starting spot no matter what, regardless of the opponent. He is the best player in our midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If Kuco started, which I think pretty sure he will, I dont mind Calabria starting as the former will provide more protection with his running up and down the field. Calabria offers more than Antonelli in terms of offence imo

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
aka edysim
(09-30-2015, 05:25 PM)edysim Wrote: If Kuco started, which I think pretty sure he will, I dont mind Calabria starting as the former will provide more protection with his running up and down the field. Calabria offers more than Antonelli in terms of offence imo

But... but.... doesn't Calabria play on the right?
Antonelli plays on the left. The only one Calabria can swap with is De Sciglio.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(10-01-2015, 10:19 AM)Ryo Wrote: But... but.... doesn't Calabria play on the right?
Antonelli plays on the left. The only one Calabria can swap with is De Sciglio.
My bad lol. I was trying to say its better to keep De Sciglio on the left, Calabria on the right. These two offer more when going forward then Antonelli (left) & DES (right).

aka edysim
If Insigne ends up being fit for this game, I'd be a little worried about that Insigne vs Calabria matchup especially after the kid had a tough time against Genoa. I'd only play him if he had a midfielder in front to give him plenty help.
Siamo a posto cosi.