Poll: Berlusconi's Gift this year will be?
This poll is closed.
C. Ronaldo
1.82%
1 1.82%
Messi
3.64%
2 3.64%
Fabregas
23.64%
13 23.64%
Bale
9.09%
5 9.09%
Neymar
1.82%
1 1.82%
Ganso
25.45%
14 25.45%
VDV
1.82%
1 1.82%
Hamsik
12.73%
7 12.73%
Oddo's contract extension
14.55%
8 14.55%
NOONE! ... a gift is a lie! Tongue
5.45%
3 5.45%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Berlusconi's Gift this year will be ... ?
If I had to pick any player from the list as a gift buy, it would definitely be Fabregas. He is simply amazing and would improve our midfield by miles.
I wouldn't want Messi or C.Ronaldo because we are packed up front and because we are not Real - buying established star players.

Ironically, Fabregas seems like a realistic target. He is frustrated at Arsenal, Barca have no money to pay his full price and Wenger is pist off @ Barca for luring away his player. Big Grin
I voted for Fabregas and Ganso. Not that I think they'll both arrive, but they would certainly improve our current squad. They can both play as CM and trequartista, the positions that we lack a bit of quality.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
My choices are Schweinsteiger and De Rossi Big Grin
(05-30-2011, 04:04 PM)Aficio Wrote: My choices are Schweinsteiger and De Rossi Big Grin

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about these two... Big Grin
Well in any case I could only fit in 10 options, and Oddo's extensions takes priority. Big Grin

Anyway, I would love either of these players as they would truly live up to the "gift signing" standard. For some reason I always rated De Rossi highly. Big Grin
Like Laudisa said that Fabregas's wages are a big problem, 7 m euros a year considering he is very expensive, 40-45 m euros... so i dont see us spending all money on him...

We didnt link with Neymar... Ganso depents on Non-EU status...

Van Der Vaart? no thank you. Good as a reserve...we are talking about big name signing...from not a reserve...

Hamsik is the most realistic target now...He costs much but he is quality versatile midfielder, who can play as LCM and trequartista... Napoli strongly links with Lamela, he plays in a position where Hamsik plays in 3-5-2... Hamsik wants Milan, Allegri wants a midfielder ala Hamsik, who can score goals, who is versatile...He even declared that he is dreams of coaching Hamsik... Napoli cant keep Hamsik with that wage policy, which is very low for players at Hamsik's, Lavezzi's quality...They know that saying that their players costs 30 m euros, even 100 m euros for Cavani...We are living in world, even normal players who doesnt costs much earns million euros, much more than Hamsik's... Napoli is slowly slowy making their name on high level, in this case, that would kill wage balance and increase their wage amounts which is a great damage to their budget... Napoli cant offer what Milan offers to Hamsik...This factors are all on our side...

i hope we can sign Hamsik (or Hernanes) +Asamoah for midfield trio...Then we will have a great midfield trio...

For instance,

----------Asamoah--------Van Bommel----------Hamsik/Hernanes----------

@xudong We could have bought Eto'o instead Ronaldinho, but yet Berlusconi wanted Ronaldinho...
We'll have to wait and see.I honestly do not see any of those players arriving , I'm thinkin Asamoah or a player like him price wise 10 - 15 million on about 1.5 -2 million a year.
I don't think they'll spend and maybe cannot afford a 20 million + player earning 4 million + a year.
I just do not see it happening.We don't have the money of Real , City , Chelsea , Bayern maybe even Juve .So it will be smart business by MGT in their eyes to get cheap'ish / free players.
I think abbeyleemania's selection is the most realistic. Both Asamoah and Hamsik can be attracted by Milan's popularity and higher wage that their current clubs can not afford. They suit the need of Milan than any other top teams.
Last season Ibra + Robinho seemed unrealistic as well. But we got them. Seriously, if Asamoah and Hamsik arrive it will be more like necessary reinforcements than the president's gifts.

I hope there will be specifically a big name expensive gift player from Mr. Berlusconi. Big Grin
(05-30-2011, 04:43 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: We'll have to wait and see.I honestly do not see any of those players arriving , I'm thinkin Asamoah or a player like him price wise 10 - 15 million on about 1.5 -2 million a year.
I don't think they'll spend and maybe cannot afford a 20 million + player earning 4 million + a year.

I just do not see it happening.We don't have the money of Real , City , Chelsea , Bayern maybe even Juve .So it will be smart business by MGT in their eyes to get cheap'ish / free players.

sadly, I agree with you. Sad

(05-30-2011, 05:17 PM)fLame Wrote: Last season Ibra + Robinho seemed unrealistic as well. But we got them. Seriously, if Asamoah and Hamsik arrive it will be more like necessary reinforcements than the president's gifts.

I hope there will be specifically a big name expensive gift player from Mr. Berlusconi. Big Grin

Robinho was not totally unrealistic, but yes, if anyone told me that Ibrahimovic would be signed by Milan, I would love my ass off at his delusion. Big Grin Then again, it was very costly considering his wage. I am grateful that he brought us the long lost Scudetto, but I would be happier if he could half his salary. Grinundwech
And how it seems that Pastore CAN be sold:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-...f-he-wants-

The part that cracks me up is: "Palermo can't afford that and we have to balance the books."
Is he hinting that Pastore will move to Milan? Big Grin