Poll: Berlusconi's Gift this year will be?
This poll is closed.
C. Ronaldo
1.82%
1 1.82%
Messi
3.64%
2 3.64%
Fabregas
23.64%
13 23.64%
Bale
9.09%
5 9.09%
Neymar
1.82%
1 1.82%
Ganso
25.45%
14 25.45%
VDV
1.82%
1 1.82%
Hamsik
12.73%
7 12.73%
Oddo's contract extension
14.55%
8 14.55%
NOONE! ... a gift is a lie! Tongue
5.45%
3 5.45%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Berlusconi's Gift this year will be ... ?
Fabregas is definitely the name on that list (I ignore Ronaldo and Messi as they seem impossible) that would be the dream signing, although cost is by far the biggest problem. Realistically though, he's the player who can immediately lift our team to compete against the top CL teams.

Hamsik, Ganso, Neymar and even Bale might be great players for the future, but right now they wouldn't be players that will take leadership roles within the team, which if we're serious about competing in the CL, we need now.

Another name realistically taking our midfield to a higher level is Schweinsteiger. He's not a well publicised name, but has the ability and intelligence to dominate our play. Still, if given the choice, Fabregas is still my pick over him.
Fabregas is the favourite huh.I'll believe it when I see it .
Not that I'm moaning I just think it will be hard to convince him to play for AC Milan in 2011 , even if we pay 40 million offer him about 120,000 a week .I still think he'll shy away from it and remain at Arsenal until Barca come in for him.They will want him to take over from Xavi.We are not the attractive team of the 90's anymore .And don't spend 40 million on 1 player.
I honestly believe with every fibre in my being that we will get a player maybe 2 but no one that costs more than 10 -15 million and will earn no more than 2 million.
I think that Fabregas is the best option for our midfield, BUT not a realistic one. He's too expensive and he will probably be Xavi's heir. I voted for Hamsik because he0s the most realistic option and would add quality to our midfield...plus, allegri wants him, and we shouild trust him..

Off topic, I read somewhere that Taiwo took our NON-EU spot for next season. Is that true?

Milan are still attractive team for players... But the problem is MGT... We had a golden genaration in 2003-2007, we were the best team on paper... However we were bad on mercato, as we always signed bench players and stick with same line up for years...We won 2 CL and 1 Scudetto...But we could have won more with right actions on the mercato...They tied up contracts by 5 years with very high salaries...Chealse couldnt stand Ancelotti one more year and sacked him though they won a scudetto last year.

Milan are still the one of the best...We won 2 CL, Lost a final unlucky, eliminated by Barcelona with refrees.

For scudetto, you need complete squad, 14-15 quality players, depth...

But for CL, you need solid defence, dominating midfield, great attack who can play at high tempo...

Juve is coming, as they are about to sign Gokhan inler, already signed Ziegler and Pirlo... wants a RB, They are asking for Aguero who costs 45 m euros...Thats the present...

Asamoah is a quality player but not a big signing...

Marchisio, handworking, box to box player but not a big signing.

i hope that inter's and juve's big name signings will force us to sign a big name..also considering we signed ibra and Robinho on last days of mercato last season...

(05-31-2011, 02:09 PM)el fre Wrote: I think that Fabregas is the best option for our midfield, BUT not a realistic one. He's too expensive and he will probably be Xavi's heir. I voted for Hamsik because he0s the most realistic option and would add quality to our midfield...plus, allegri wants him, and we shouild trust him..

Off topic, I read somewhere that Taiwo took our NON-EU spot for next season. Is that true?

Above all, Napoli is interested in Lamela...Lamela can be the replacement for Hamsik...

its true, we used our Non eu spot on Taiwo...But he can get his passaport before 1 july...Also FİGC can give ok for second Non Eu spot...
I would like to see Bastian Schweinsteiger in our midfield...strong,disciplined midfielder with great technique and lidership skills...and above all he is a true winner which makes him far better choice than Fabregas...
3bandiera MILANO SIAMO NOI!!!! 3bandiera
Well we are attractive we are no Sampdoria but we are not as an attractive option as , City , Chelsea , United , Barca , Real .Cesc would choose anyone of these over Milan I think , and the he's too expensive is B.S by MGT Aresnal would want 40 million but would settle for 30 million plus 5 after a year , he earns 90,000 a week Ibra earns more than double that.
He is not a realistic option at all.
The most we have spent on 1 player is 18 million since Gila in 2005.Ibra will be in installements over a few year's.
We don't have that kind of money Berlu does but won't spend that much.I'd love Cesc to arrive , But I firmly believe we are looking at an Asamoah , Pjanic , Montolivo , Aqualani type player cost wise.We do not spend world record fee's anymore.I don't have a problem with that as long as we are competitive and you don't need huge money stars to get there look at UTD.Rooney Berbatov the rest were all reasonably priced almost all under 10 million.
(05-31-2011, 02:30 PM)Jay Crisp Wrote: Well we are attractive we are no Sampdoria but we are not as an attractive option as , City , Chelsea , United , Barca , Real .Cesc would choose anyone of these over Milan I think , and the he's too expensive is B.S by MGT Aresnal would want 40 million but would settle for 30 million plus 5 after a year , he earns 90,000 a week Ibra earns more than double that.
He is not a realistic option at all.
The most we have spent on 1 player is 18 million since Gila in 2005.Ibra will be in installements over a few year's.
We don't have that kind of money Berlu does but won't spend that much.I'd love Cesc to arrive , But I firmly believe we are looking at an Asamoah , Pjanic , Montolivo , Aqualani type player cost wise.We do not spend world record fee's anymore.I don't have a problem with that as long as we are competitive and you don't need huge money stars to get there look at UTD.Rooney Berbatov the rest were all reasonably priced almost all under 10 million.

Only United, Barca and Real are more attractive than Milan at the moment imo.

We are talking about a gift from Berlusconi, so I would think if he wants Fabregas at Milan, he'll most likely get him, regardless of the transfer fee. But I'm not sure I would prefer him than Schweinsteiger to be honest. Bastian looks tactically better to me.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
Players still love to come to Milan, it just has less to do with serie A itself than before. It's still as strong because of Milan, milanello and how the players are treated and see within the club.
Fabregas is 24, Xavi is 31. If we get Fabregas we will not see the end of Barca rumours, if Berlu really spends the money on him he should ask for a minimum guarantee. 40 million or whatever money in transfer fees is not the wisest investment if he stays less than 3 years. (I mean this in a general sense. Obviously '3 years' is arbitrary by me because if he helps us win CL next year then everybody will say it was a great investment even for 1 year)
Honestly, I think if Berlusconi wants Fabregas, Galliani will find a way to get Fabregas... probably even cheaper than expected. Big Grin Berlusconi can get whoever he wants, but I am still not sure if he is willing to spend the money.
He has been saying how he wants to challenge for the Champion's League, and in my opinion Fabregas is the best player for that purpose.
If we really want to compete for CL glory, instantly in the next season..we have to get both Bastian and Cesc,otherwise we will fall short to Barca or Real.

Or we can challenge next season and hope for some luck with maybe Ganso(who I don`t believe will have the immediate impact needed and Hamsik.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.