Poll: Berlusconi's Gift this year will be?
This poll is closed.
C. Ronaldo
1.82%
1 1.82%
Messi
3.64%
2 3.64%
Fabregas
23.64%
13 23.64%
Bale
9.09%
5 9.09%
Neymar
1.82%
1 1.82%
Ganso
25.45%
14 25.45%
VDV
1.82%
1 1.82%
Hamsik
12.73%
7 12.73%
Oddo's contract extension
14.55%
8 14.55%
NOONE! ... a gift is a lie! Tongue
5.45%
3 5.45%
Total 55 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Berlusconi's Gift this year will be ... ?
Firstly, many teams pays with installements over 3 years or 4 years or more...Even City pays like that...

Ronaldinho costed us over 20 m euros Pato 22 m euros... Gila 24 m euros. ibra 24 m euros. Robinho 18+bonuses... Borriello over 10 m euros plus Di Gennaro for just his half...

Fabregas is Spanish and ex Barcelona product...i can understand he can choose Barca over Milan...but City or Chealse or united over us? Come on...The fees on english mercato is very high. Spanizard has low tax... However Milan still can get what he wants... For instance Edin Dzeko, he wanted Milan but we didnt sign him cuz Wolsburg asked for great amounts and didnt make a discount... Dzeko rejected to move there first last season, then Milan signed ibra and had a great first half, then Dzeko moved to City...More Money...

City signed Toure and just look at his wages... its more than ibra's and around his wages. He is a DM and earns that kind of money. City is attractive because of their spending policy... Chealse is not spending much like they did before...(except their january panic buys) Most of their players are in decline and aged... Both Milan and Juve linked with İvanovic before Chealse but we didnt sign him... United is not spending much on the mercato...Real uses money as a factor...

though, Non Eu place, taxes, high salaries, low TV reveneu compared to English and Spanish teams...Milan is still attractive...

Xavi can still play at least 3 years more on highest level, Barcelona doesnt have room for him...
(05-31-2011, 03:20 PM)abbeyleemania Wrote: Firstly, many teams pays with installements over 3 years or 4 years or more...Even City pays like that...

Yes true. This is is the case in almost all big business anyway because it's understood to be that way, it's not done as a favor.
(05-31-2011, 02:41 PM)theaxeofpain Wrote: Only United, Barca and Real are more attractive than Milan at the moment imo.
We are talking about a gift from Berlusconi, so I would think if he wants Fabregas at Milan, he'll most likely get him, regardless of the transfer fee. But I'm not sure I would prefer him than Schweinsteiger to be honest. Bastian looks tactically better to me.

I don't think ManU, Barca, or Real are more attractive than Milan; nor do I think Milan is more attractive than either of the three teams.

Players choose teams for verious reasons. Maybe Brazilian players like Milan, or less renowned ones prefer Portuguese clubs due to language; Argentina players like(d) Inter Milan and shitty players like to go there too as they share the same characteristics - shit players for club of shit (haha, kidding Sagrin). But brand name alone, I say that it barely matters among all the giants, including Inter Merda and Juventus. Look at how many players still went despite Juve will not play in Europe for at least a year.
aka xudong
(05-31-2011, 06:48 PM)xudong Wrote: I don't think ManU, Barca, or Real are more attractive than Milan; nor do I think Milan is more attractive than either of the three teams.

Players choose teams for verious reasons. Maybe Brazilian players like Milan, or less renowned ones prefer Portuguese clubs due to language; Argentina players like(d) Inter Milan and shitty players like to go there too as they share the same characteristics - shit players for club of shit (haha, kidding Sagrin). But brand name alone, I say that it barely matters among all the giants, including Inter Merda and Juventus. Look at how many players still went despite Juve will not play in Europe for at least a year.

More attractive in a sense that most of the players think these clubs have a better chance to win the Ch.L than Milan. Of course it's a personal preference, but also money is a reason. Barca and Real can offer bigger wages. At Manchester United I think it's more to do with SAF being there than anything else. Still Milan is gaining again the reputation it had say in the '90s or early 2000s. Winning the Serie A was the most important thing, now I'm sure Berlusconi and Galliani will work to improve the team and have a great chance to win the Ch.L in a few years.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
(05-31-2011, 06:48 PM)xudong Wrote: I don't think ManU, Barca, or Real are more attractive than Milan; nor do I think Milan is more attractive than either of the three teams.

I agree. Besides if we start making serious move on the transfer market, our potential targets will see that we have a serious CL project in progress and would tip in our favor.

Somehow, I strongly doubt that Barca wins the CL next year. There's a reason why no team in history managed to pull it off. Their key players are getting older, they might not get so lucky with injuries, other teams will strengthen, Mourinho will definitely prove more competitive... etc etc etc.

Besides that, this year Barca still lost money despite winning the CL. Even financially they cannot carry on like this for much longer. Everyone likes to bash Real for their financial management, but for the last couple of years Barca spends just as much, pays more wages, while having less revenue.

I think next year Barca will start declining, but time will tell. Devilcool

I don't think that Barcelona will start declining next year, but I am willing to agree with you. Big Grin I don't think age is an issue yet, as their players are still rather young.

You have several very good points:

1) Mourinho has proven competitive and I am sure that other teams will learn from him and Barcelona will face unprecedented challenges next season.

2) Barcelona's financial situation is hilarious. I remember reading a report half a season ago regarding how high their salary is, and how the club had to take a loan just to pay portion of their salary. I hope that it is true. Wink

3) When it comes to transfer market, we certainly don't need to envy Barcelona. The best example perhaps was two years ago, when Guadiola requested Ibrahimovic and Chygrynskiy for a cost of almost 100 million euros only to send them away in just one season.

Chygrynskiy was cup-tied for the entire season; and finally he would be able to play for Barca in the CL after the next summer, they sold him back to Shakhtar who made a net profit of 10 million euros in a year.

We all know about Ibrahimovic. Barcelona acquired him at the cost of 66 million euro (46 in cash and 20 in a perhaps woefully undervalued Eto'o) and a season later we got him for 24. Maybe it would be better for Barcelona if Ibrahimovic was also cup-tied like Chygrynskiy. Big Grin

My wish for the next season's CL champion, is:
1. Milan
2. Udinese
3. whatever
4. whatever
19. Napoli
103. whatever
235. Barcelona
236. Real Madrid
237. Inter Merda
(There are no more teams)

yes, I don't know for sure at this moment how many teams will particpate in next season's CL. probalby not 237 though. Big Grin
aka xudong
Heart 
Berlusconi has already given the Milan fans the best possible gift in the form of Barbara. I don't expect anything more Blush
Argentina will win the World Cup 2018

[Image: mhj0y.jpg]
(06-02-2011, 06:15 PM)xudong Wrote: My wish for the next season's CL champion, is:
1. Milan
2. Udinese
3. whatever
4. whatever
19. Napoli
103. whatever
235. Barcelona
236. Real Madrid
237. Inter Merda
(There are no more teams)

yes, I don't know for sure at this moment how many teams will particpate in next season's CL. probalby not 237 though. Big Grin

had something weird to smoke recently my friend?? Devilol
(06-02-2011, 08:02 PM)Hitman Wrote: had something weird to smoke recently my friend?? Devilol

any good recommendations? Devilol
aka xudong
(06-02-2011, 08:01 PM)mzk57 Wrote: Berlusconi has already given the Milan fans the best possible gift in the form of Barbara. I don't expect anything more Blush

seriously Zeekay, i mean this in the nicest way possible but you need a woman asap.
Quote:Paolo Maldini
"Il Sogno di ogni attaccante e' segnare il piu' bella gol della storia. L'incubo e' incontrare il miglior difensore del mondo."

Quote:Francesco Totti
"Never give up Pippo,You are an example for all of us to never give up."