[split] Rules and bans Discussion
Ok Maharaja, firstly my view on the matter regarding the ban is objective. I have no more a relationship with Stitch than I do with you. The fact is, 3 (actually more, but whatever) people responded and not one said it was ban worthy. If others don't respond, then it's unlikely they want Stitch banned, because if they took as much offence as you, they'd surely raise it with reza.

Cursing and Insulting is against forum rules, but one noted offence is not usually the basis to ban people. You've mentioned this occurred in the Balkan thread, but this was never raised with the mods or admin, so reza cannot fairly just retrospectively go back to these posts and ban Stitch without having given a warning first. This is no different for you, or anyone on this forum. Reza also takes on the responsibility to keep this forum running, banning people as soon as a rule is broken wouldn't help matters to keep already a struggling and small forum running.

What you want is unreasonable, it's actually destructive, not productive. The way reza has dealt with this is absolutely correct and fair, banning Stitch was never the only solution, nor was it ever even the correct one. Frankly, I'd want to know what your motivations are behind this, because I don't believe for a second this is just based on the handful of examples you've used to try and justify banning him. I don't know if you two have any personal issues, but no way does someone kick up such a fuss without some purpose.

I am taking quite a bit of issue with the way you are attacking reza over this matter. I've been friends with him for the best part of a decade now and I know how much effort and dedication he has for the forum, so I will defend him when he's attacked. You are showing just as much disrespect to reza's work here as you claim Stitch has shown you. Actually, what you're doing is far worse, because Stitch commented once in the heat of the moment as an emotional response, while you have kept calling reza's work here into question on numerous and separate occasions, making what you are doing much more calculated and with intent.

What you are doing is exactly the reason I decided to stop being a moderator here for too, as frankly people would decide to spin debates into more personal arguments, saying I would use my position and target them.

(10-06-2015, 04:12 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Even if there's any; would it be impolite to say out loud, Dev?

Not sure I understand the question, could you clarify what you mean please?

Actually, sorry I think I've just understood that you are referring to the reasons that no one appears to have agreed with maharaja's view of Stitch getting banned. The reason I think is purely that what Stitch did is not immediately ban worthy and I think most acknowledge that as otherwise they would have said otherwise. Thing is, no one until now has said anything other than maharaja as far as I'm aware.

If that's not what you were asking, then let me know and I'll try to answer the question Big Grin
(10-06-2015, 04:47 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Not sure I understand the question, could you clarify what you mean please?

If somebody said to me "fuck you" in this forum, I do want that man to be banned. But since it's not happening to me... Well, that's all I can say I'm afraid.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
Thanks to Dev and anybody else who supports the forum. Everybody is entitled to not like me, it's 100% fine, I actually don't like being popular as it's too much extra responsibility being popular. You are also entitled to not like how MM is run or whatever else about MM but you can't keep going on about it and make accusations on top of it.

ZB, what you say is false too by the way, warnings have led to bans for that kind of stuff, just not recently.
(10-06-2015, 04:57 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: If somebody said to me "***** you" in this forum, I do want that man to be banned. But since it's not happening to me... Well, that's all I can say I'm afraid.

Fair enough, but if it's an isolated incident as was the case here, would you push for the ban this much, after an admin has publicly warned this sort of insult won't be tolerated? My experience on the forum (as mentioned before that's as a normal poster and a mod), this sort of situation is usually resolved with a warning and a little compromise from those involved. I would also argue that until now Stitch has also got the message, as he's not objected to the warning nor has he offended again.

By all means, if this is repeated it should result in a ban.
(10-06-2015, 05:05 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Fair enough, but if it's an isolated incident as was the case here, would you push for the ban this much, after an admin has publicly warned this sort of insult won't be tolerated?

I already PMed reza about this. But I won't push it out of my respect to the admin. All I'm saying is, I understand if maharaja wanted Stitch to be banned. I do understand if he wanted that much.
(10-06-2015, 04:59 PM)reza Wrote: ZB, what you say is false too by the way, warnings have led to bans for that kind of stuff, just not recently.

I didn't quite understand what did you mean with those, reza?
You said

Quote:If somebody said to me "***** you" in this forum, I do want that man to be banned.

Ban has happened more often than it hasn't happened, in the total history of the forum. Not many examples recently so may be only looking at last 2-3 years is not fair.
(10-06-2015, 05:32 PM)reza Wrote: You said

Ban has happened more often than it hasn't happened, in the total history of the forum. Not many examples recently so may be only looking at last 2-3 years is not fair.

reza please, I did not say anything about "ban has not happened", nor I implied that by any means. Am I missing something here? Or are you?
(10-06-2015, 04:47 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Ok Maharaja, firstly my view on the matter regarding the ban is objective. I have no more a relationship with Stitch than I do with you. The fact is, 3 (actually more, but whatever) people responded and not one said it was ban worthy. If others don't respond, then it's unlikely they want Stitch banned, because if they took as much offence as you, they'd surely raise it with reza.

Cursing and Insulting is against forum rules, but one noted offence is not usually the basis to ban people. You've mentioned this occurred in the Balkan thread, but this was never raised with the mods or admin, so reza cannot fairly just retrospectively go back to these posts and ban Stitch without having given a warning first. This is no different for you, or anyone on this forum. Reza also takes on the responsibility to keep this forum running, banning people as soon as a rule is broken wouldn't help matters to keep already a struggling and small forum running.

What you want is unreasonable, it's actually destructive, not productive. The way reza has dealt with this is absolutely correct and fair, banning Stitch was never the only solution, nor was it ever even the correct one. Frankly, I'd want to know what your motivations are behind this, because I don't believe for a second this is just based on the handful of examples you've used to try and justify banning him. I don't know if you two have any personal issues, but no way does someone kick up such a fuss without some purpose.

I am taking quite a bit of issue with the way you are attacking reza over this matter. I've been friends with him for the best part of a decade now and I know how much effort and dedication he has for the forum, so I will defend him when he's attacked. You are showing just as much disrespect to reza's work here as you claim Stitch has shown you. Actually, what you're doing is far worse, because Stitch commented once in the heat of the moment as an emotional response, while you have kept calling reza's work here into question on numerous and separate occasions, making what you are doing much more calculated and with intent.

What you are doing is exactly the reason I decided to stop being a moderator here for too, as frankly people would decide to spin debates into more personal arguments, saying I would use my position and target them.

Not sure I understand the question, could you clarify what you mean please?

Actually, sorry I think I've just understood that you are referring to the reasons that no one appears to have agreed with maharaja's view of Stitch getting banned. The reason I think is purely that what Stitch did is not immediately ban worthy and I think most acknowledge that as otherwise they would have said otherwise. Thing is, no one until now has said anything other than maharaja as far as I'm aware.

If that's not what you were asking, then let me know and I'll try to answer the question Big Grin

It is interesting how again and again you are replying to this topic, even though you said you will not. Just shows how committed you are to defend indefensible, and to protect a friend. When someone with the history of cursing, and trying to spread ethnic hatred, publicly writes to me 'f#uck you too, f#scist', it is indefensible. No matter how much you spin that it was an isolated incident, supposedly in the heat of the debate, these words were plain and clear, and indefensible. As is indefensible administrator's attempt not to do anything about it, hoping it would be just forgotten.

When someone calls you a f#ascist, and 'f#ucks you' there is no constructive solution, except to ban that member, to protect the forum and civil discussions on it.

Also implying some hidden motivations is just rude, and yet another spin.
(10-06-2015, 04:57 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: If somebody said to me "***** you" in this forum, I do want that man to be banned. But since it's not happening to me... Well, that's all I can say I'm afraid.

And that is very reasonable. Plus, he not only said "f#ck you", but added "f#scist", which is even worse. Unfortunately, it will not happen if that person is protected by the administrator, as we have seen recently.

In the heat of argument you can say "f#ck you" (it should be banned as well), but when add "f#scist" it is quite clear political connotation and further insulting.