Poll: Where do you want to see Flamini?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Starting 11
22.22%
4 22.22%
Bench
22.22%
4 22.22%
Out of ACM
55.56%
10 55.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Mathieu Flamini
If he agrees to NOT make more money than Nocerino, he can stay. How is this guy making more money than Boateng, Pato, Cassano and literally everyone except Ibra. He was never a solid starting player, not for Ancelotti, or for Leo or for Allegri. He had plenty of chances before this season to establish himself but it never happened. Au Revoir Flamini.
(05-04-2012, 10:54 AM)Beppe Wrote: I also want him to stay! I prefer him over some Bakaye Traore and the linked players like Mudingayi...

Mundingayi is a proven Serie A player; while Flamini has proven nothing. He could stay and prove himself but he should not earn more than 2 million a year, which I know is impossible.

aka xudong
On that I agree, his wages are too high. wherever he goes he must lower his wages, no team will pay him 4m. So why not staying with Milan?
I would like him to stay. He is not old, and basically he never had a good chance in Milan. However, his wage is crazy, I would never guess that it is that high! He shouldn't be payed more than Aquilani. It is actually weird that he had got that high contract in first place!
well, there are dumb teams out there. I can think of a few EPL and La Liga teams already. Agents are like sharks; they usually have their ways.

aka xudong
Thumbs Up 
One thing you people are forgetting that he is NOT that bad player. He is versatile, he played as a LB for Arsenal in their UCL run till the final, which is not many could do. Then he made a very good partnership with Fabragas in his last season at Arsenal and they were very impressive that season. In the AC Milan vs Arsenal, Ro16 UCL 2007-08, he almost single handedly out-played and stopped the best player of that time in the wold, (our Kaka) and Arsenal got the better of us. The comparisons of Vieira were made by those who follow Arsenal, so he was definitely on a high when he came to AC Milan in 2008. It really doesn't surprise me.

The wages thing never bother me, simply because the don't pay them from my pocket, so I leave this so called unfair wages issue to the management of AC Milan. Its their headache. As a player, I still have faith in him. He can be a very solid player in the 4 men midfield of Allegri's Milan and could be a decent replacement for MvB. Surely he can run fast, right? and many here complain about Milan's midfield being too slow. So let this fast running midfield machine be in AC Milan for one more season and as for his wages ........................., well ..... Why so serious
Argentina will win the World Cup 2022
Formerly mzk57
But the wage issue is not a minor one. Our payroll is huge, which is where most of our budget goes, which in turn, leaves no money for the mercato.

Ibrahimovic gets the highest pay, but at least he scores 30+ goals now, so all money is not wasted; Flamini enjoys the second highest pay on the team, and he only played more minutes than Roma (or did he?). I don't care how good he is (in my opinion, he is a decent player, but nothing more than that), it is about contribution to the team.

If he would want to pay Milan back, he should offer to play FOR FREE for one season to make up for all the past four years. I am serious.

But judging from his personal history, that's NEVER going to happen. I almost laughed at the rumor that he may go back to Marseille. The fans will butcher him there, if they have any dignity left.
aka xudong
he needs to leave period. all he does is run around the field like a chicken with his head cut off. nocerino does that with class, plus scores goals. we don't need flamini, unless he resigns for 1m/year which is what he should be making imho sloppy player just my opinion
The latest reports in Italy suggest Milan are considering offering Mathieu Flamini a new two-year contract to stay at the club.
The Frenchman has struggled for fitness in four years with the Rossoneri and has in fact not featured at all this season under Massimiliano Allegri.
With his €4.5m annual contract set to end in June, it was anticipated that the 28-year-old would be leaving the club this summer.
However, Sky Sport Italia believe that Adriano Galliani, who is in the process of offering new contracts this week, is set to include the midfielder, but at a much-reduced salary of €1.75m. Only Zlatan Ibrahimovic earned more at the club last season.

Nice! I prefer him over Mudingayi, Traore... But he should be played as defensive midfielder, not as box to box player.
(05-08-2012, 03:22 PM)Beppe Wrote: The latest reports in Italy suggest Milan are considering offering Mathieu Flamini a new two-year contract to stay at the club.
The Frenchman has struggled for fitness in four years with the Rossoneri and has in fact not featured at all this season under Massimiliano Allegri.
With his €4.5m annual contract set to end in June, it was anticipated that the 28-year-old would be leaving the club this summer.
However, Sky Sport Italia believe that Adriano Galliani, who is in the process of offering new contracts this week, is set to include the midfielder, but at a much-reduced salary of €1.75m. Only Zlatan Ibrahimovic earned more at the club last season.

Nice! I prefer him over Mudingayi, Traore... But he should be played as defensive midfielder, not as box to box player.

He has not proven anything at Milan, yes I repeat, he has NOT made any contribution to Milan in his past 4 years. I don't mind if he wanted to stay (even if just to make zeekay happy Big Grin), but there is no way that she should demand a high salary.

That amount (€1.75M) seems reasonable to me; would be nicer if it was $1.75M though. Icon_lol2

I doubt that he would take it though. There must be easier money out there somewhere.
aka xudong