Poll: Where do you want to see Flamini?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Starting 11
22.22%
4 22.22%
Bench
22.22%
4 22.22%
Out of ACM
55.56%
10 55.56%
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Mathieu Flamini
That's my opinion too. Flamini is not useless, but was overpaid except for the last season. Traore could really be just useless, and once again we overpaid him. Galliani should take a lesson on "freebies" - nothing in life is really free. Bosmans cost way too much on salary, which is why I am a bit concerned with the promise of Honda. While I believe that CSKA was being bitter, but Honda now does have a world of opportunities open up for him as he approaches the status of Bosman.
aka xudong
He is starting for Arsenal in a midfield that features him, Wilshere, Ramsey and Ozil
Flamini got unfair criticism from some. He was a decent DM who did a decent job. He's no NDJ but a decent squad/borderline first team player.

He even improved hugely in an attacking sense late on.

I hope he does well at Arsenal as I feel he was an honourable servant for us and left with my best wishes. I'd have been quite happy if he'd stayed.
[Image: San_Siro1.jpg]
I disagree, Flamini came as a star midfielder and never lived up to the billing. At Arsenal he was considered a world class destroyer in midfield and he came to Milan as potentially a long term Gattuso replacement, with the salary to match. He never reached anywhere even remotely close to those heights, at most being a squad player. He only reached borderline starter in his last season and even then questionmarks remained whether he was a starter (that's without De Jong even available).

I have no issues with Flamini and wish him luck, but for me he never came close to doing the job he was signed for.
(09-15-2013, 08:12 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I disagree,

What a surprise Wink

Quote:Flamini came as a star midfielder and never lived up to the billing. At Arsenal he was considered a world class destroyer in midfield and he came to Milan as potentially a long term Gattuso replacement, with the salary to match. He never reached anywhere even remotely close to those heights, at most being a squad player. He only reached borderline starter in his last season and even then questionmarks remained whether he was a starter (that's without De Jong even available).

I have no issues with Flamini and wish him luck, but for me he never came close to doing the job he was signed for.

World class destroyer? I respectfully disagree with that. He was regarded as Fabregas' foil at Arsenal - a good solid DM but nothing more. No one saw him as anything like a Viera or Toure. No one expected that level, I sure didn't.

I was going to say a mere 3 caps for France proves my point but I'm not overly sure this forum appreciates facts, evidence and statistics when they don't tally with existing opinions.
[Image: San_Siro1.jpg]
(09-16-2013, 03:39 PM)Danny Wrote: I was going to say a mere 3 caps for France proves my point but I'm not overly sure this forum appreciates facts, evidence and statistics when they don't tally with existing opinions.

Danny I like most of your posts and frequently agrees with you, but what's with this cynical attitude? I'm totally confused because actually I feel this forum appreciates facts, more than other Milan forums (sorry to say) or even most of other football forums.

Try to elaborate your view. And stop that attitude.

Regarding Flamini my opinion is in between you and Dev. I agree that we all had high expectations when Flamini was signed, because before he signed with us he had just played his best season forever. He and Fabregas may be the best 2 CM pairing in Europe that season. And at that time when Fabregas was viewed spectacularly, it is only normal that his partner was also regarded that high; that's why, I'm sure, our management was brave enough to overpay his wages to get him free transfer. Remember, we fought Juve for his signature. Yes, I agree, he may not be a Vieira, but at least we hoped that he could made same effect as De Jong now. A very solid destroyer. And he never, ever lived up to his billing.

About the mere 3 caps, is it before he joined us or even after? If it is before, then I'd say it's normal, because he had one excellent season before joined us. One. The one that was right before he signed. 3 caps are sufficient IMO. I'm sure we expected many caps for him to come after he joined us... but sadly, as others said, he never lived up to his expectations.
(09-16-2013, 03:39 PM)Danny Wrote:
(09-15-2013, 08:12 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I disagree,

What a surprise Wink

Oh. Come on man.
MILAN! MILAN! SOLO CON TE!
MILAN! MILAN! SEMPRE PER TE!
(09-16-2013, 06:05 PM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote:
(09-16-2013, 03:39 PM)Danny Wrote: I was going to say a mere 3 caps for France proves my point but I'm not overly sure this forum appreciates facts, evidence and statistics when they don't tally with existing opinions.

Danny I like most of your posts and frequently agrees with you, but what's with this cynical attitude? I'm totally confused because actually I feel this forum appreciates facts, more than other Milan forums (sorry to say) or even most of other football forums.
you mean like you appreciated the FACT that kaka was injured for the last 6 years, and wasnt nowhere near his 2007 self like you magically thought he will be? Icon_lol2

Shut up you fucking piece of shit
tired of being WRONG eh? Icon_lol2
Tired to give a reasonable answer to a brainless fart like you.