Week 11: Lazio - Milan (Sunday, November 1 - 20:45 CET)
I read that it was Mexes' first touch this season. Icon_lol2Icon_lol2
Highlights.

Been busy with work lately, so I only caught the first half and Bertolacci's goal before fatigue got the better of me, but overall it seemed like we had a decent match up front. Finally taking our chances in front of goal. Jack was a bit wasteful when we were 2-0 up, but I guess it didn't matter too much.

Hope Berto and Alex's injuries aren't serious.

We're in a decent run of form, though the quality of opponent means it's more a scheduling issue than anything else. Still, you can only beat whats in front of you, eh?
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Thanks for the highlights. Smile
Great win away at Rome. Just when we finally managed to fine-tune the formation and starting eleven, Berto and Alex were injured, hopefully they recover asap.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
aka edysim
Good win. Credit to Mihajlovic for being able to see who's on form and who's not. His rotation makes sense.. no one is indispensable. A few weeks ago I thought Diego Lopez and De Jong were sure starters, whereas Cerci, Montolivo, and Alex won't get much game time. Then Miha surprised me. I'm pretty sure the likes of Suso are now fully motivated seeing the coach gives fair chance to everyone. The only untouchable player at the moment seems to be Romagnoli.
Poor Berlu, he cannot fire Miha now.
It was a great game all round. The goal conceded was a disappointment, but we also need to remember it came at a time when Montolivo was off, we were down to 10 and the shape was lost for a moment.

I liked the team was really tight and gave no space to Lazio. They were on form and dominating the space on the field. We tried to break quickly when winning the ball, which was a little hit and miss, but created a decent set of chances and took them when we could. I think injuries conditioned our match, but we never really faltered as a result, we carried on with our game plan. If not for injuries, I think this could have been an even more comfortable win.

We need to keep this going now. I really hope that Bertolacci and Montolivo aren't out long, as they were critical in our game and we need some consistency now. Alex I suspect will probably be back for Atalanta. His injury was bad, but he seems to be ok and will likely be available quickly.

Credit to Miha too. He's been under a lot of pressure and his results thus far were no better than Inzaghi's. However, he's shown the ability to change things as needed and I think he's finding the balance he needs in the side. I also think he needed some patience, I think when we did well this season, it was significantly better than last year, but we had the tendency to then throw away that good work.
I simply love Philippe Mexes.
(11-02-2015, 02:35 PM)Sputnik Wrote: I simply love Philippe Mexes.

Every Milan faithful must love Mexes. He could be a started in 99% of clubs besides Barca, Real and Bayern and yet he has stuck on the bench with AC Milan. That is called committment IMhO.
Argentina will win the World Cup 2022
Formerly mzk57