Week 12: Milan - Atalanta (Saturday, November 7 - 20:45 CET)
After handily beating Lazio away this past weekend, our next game before the international break is at home vs Atalanta. Atalanta just lost 0-3 to Bologna but recently beat Lazio 2-1 so I'm not quite sure what to make of their form. I can't say that I have seen them play much at all this season either.

I know that we sustained a couple injuries during the Lazio game so with the international break coming up, I would gladly take a 1-0 win with the ball coming off Poli's shin and then we can recover a couple players over the pause. We should most certainly be aiming, as always, for a full three points from this fixture.

FORZA MILAN! #CL2016-2017
Siamo a posto cosi.
I fully agree. It'll be great to get the 3 points for the 4th time in a row. I really don't care how we do that, but yes, a 1-0 would be just fine. I don't see how we'll have Bertolacci available and that'll be a big loss with the way he's been playing.

I expect more from Kucka. After the initial first couple of performances for us, he's been very disapointing the last couple.

What's the word on Montolivo?

If we stay as compact as we did against Lazio, we should be able to win this one as well. I wasn't that impressed with ball movement or possession or scoring opportunities, etc against Lazio. But I was really impressed as how compact we were and we made the field really small especially our own half. This ensures that Lazio had minimal opportunities to string anything together and as a result we were very comfortable.

This is exactly what we need to do again against Atalanta.
I think Miha was right when he said that this match is a test of maturity for us. We've been steadily improving, but how will the squad handle the injuries and the fact that we're coming from such a great match against Lazio? There will be no Bonaventura, Bertolacci and Alex, and these three (yes, even Alex) have been important players in our last three-four matches. I assume Honda will take the place of Bonaventura, while Poli and Mexes will replace Bertolacci and Alex. I'm also concerned about Montolivo, who was limping around for a while last night, because he is becoming increasingly important for this team. We are definitely weakened, but the real danger as far as I'm concerned is that we don't make the same effort against Atalanta that we did against Lazio.

As for Bertolacci, he is for sure not playing against Atalanta. 10 days out and then further assessments, Milan said today. I just hope we have him back for the Juve match after the international break.
Considering the lack of depth we have in the midfield right now, a 4-4-2 is the ideal formation right now.

--------------Donnarumma-----------------

-------Mexes--------Romagnoli----------------De Sciglio----------------------------Antonelli

Cerci---Montolivo----Kucka----Bonaventura

---------Luiz Adriano---Bacca--------------

Probable subs would include Niang, Honda, Poli, Zapata, and De Jong (not too sure about him though).

Edit: devoted_dm, why is Bonaventura unavailable? I don't recall him picking up an injury yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(11-03-2015, 02:00 AM)PerSempre Wrote: Considering the lack of depth we have in the midfield right now, a 4-4-2 is the ideal formation right now.

-------Mexes--------Romagnoli----------------De Sciglio----------------------------Antonelli

Probable subs would include Niang, Honda, Poli, Zapata, and De Jong (not too sure about him though).

Edit: devoted_dm, why is Bonaventura unavailable? I don't recall him picking up an injury yesterday.

He picked up a yellow card and will be suspended.
(11-03-2015, 02:00 AM)PerSempre Wrote: Considering the lack of depth we have in the midfield right now, a 4-4-2 is the ideal formation right now.

Bonaventura picked up a yellow card. I'd say we should stick with 4-3-3. Need to have the courage to play the subs. That's what they're for, right? They have to step up when called upon, and it's the coach's duty to make sure those selected are ready. There's always a risk, but it should be a minimum, calculated risk. Out of 2 - 3 stop gap players, hopefully no more than one doesn't work during the game, and the coach should have an immediate alternative solution.
I would stick to 4-3-3 too. Why fix anything if it ain't broken?

2/96--5--13-31
27--18--16
11--70--??

Can Niang play on the left? Can Cerci? Honda can play on the right wing. Maybe we can get El Shaarawy back?  Dodgy

Seriously though, Atalanta at San Siro should be a manageable opponent if we can play like a team.  Okmilan
Lets hope you're all right. I'm really nervous going into this game. We need the points but this could be a real turning point in our season. I hope Poli/ Niang/ whoever will play will help us get those points!

I wouldn't look to make any major changes, but I also don't expect Bertolacci (definitely out), Bonaventura (suspended) and Montolivo available, so we're going to have to be a little creative.

At this point, I'd maybe look at this lineup:

-----------------------Donnarumma--------------------------
DES-----------Alex----------------Romagnoli----Antonelli
--------------------------De Jong------------------------------
---------------Kucka----------------Poli-----------------------
---Cerci--------------------------------------------Honda-----
----------------------------Bacca-------------------------------

The midfield is weak, but Kucka is a starter, Poli has been solid and did reasonably well vs Lazio and De Jong's probably the only one really available to take Montolivo's place.

I think Honda should take Bona's place, he's the closest replacement we have and while Niang's an option, I doubt he'll be match fit.
I will play Adriano on the left... Big Grin

I remember we had a lot of good wingers last year Big Grin

But "someone" decided to play 4-3-1-2 to exposed our lack of good midfielders Big Grin Well, I hope my "someone" does not include Miha.