Thiago Silva
It seems, there is still no thread for our best player this season. His performance this season speaks about his quality. He is our next great defender after Maldini and Nesta. He was just superb this season but he is now not yet Nesta's or Maldini's caliber in their peak age. He is definitely one of the best defender in this planet if not the best one.

[Image: thiagosilva.png]

"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Forza Silva!!!
I really remember when we linked with Silva. There were two Silva who are CBs and the other one was younger. Both were on Olympic tournament in Beijing but Alex Silva who played as CB, not Thiago. Our brasilian scout, Brasileiro, however recommended definitely Thiago Silva, the second of his best defender favorite in that time IIRC.

I still aslo remember how his coach in Brasilian club described Silva and all of his words speak themselves about the quality and the character of Thiago Silva. When TS33 came to Milan and said the he wants to follow Maldini's step, Maldini his idol and wants to play so long with Milan just like Maldini (or something like that), some or even many fans were just skeptic about his quality. Fortunately Thiago Silva proved his quality with Milan and still said the similar thing again that he wants to play with Milan for so long time.

I hope he can be better than this season (or at least maintain his quality like this season) and keep the Milan wold class defense legacy post Nesta.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
For me Thiago's the best CB in football right now (guys like Vidic might be good, but Thiago's on a different level). If he can maintain this level of performance for the forseeable future, then he'll go down as one of the great defenders of history. I think we've found the natural successor to Baresi, Maldini and Nesta.
Thiago! Wow! He has been a monster really. The best CB at the moment. Vidic is slow and static, Pique is a bit error prone, Puyol is quality but declining, so there are no better than Thiago at the moment. Forget about the likes of Samuel, Lucio, Terry, Ferdinand etc.

The thing that I'm really astonished is that he has only been booked once throughout the year. For a defender is a great record. That goes to show that his tackles are perfectly timed, fantastic anticipation etc etc. I could go all day running out of superlatives for the lad. He's just fantastic. Hopefully he'll improve even more in the future. FORZA THIAGO!!!!!!
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
Thank you for opening this thread. Okmilan

By the way, it is rumored that Barcelona offered Maxwell + cash (20-25 million, I forgot) for Silva. Yeah right, keep dreaming. Big Grin
aka xudong
25 million that was. Truly laughable! Big Grin

I mean, they have bought Ibra for about 66M, Villa for 40M, Adriano for 15M IIRC, Thiago would surely cost more than 70-80M by their standards. Big Grin
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
the scary fact is, if Silva went to barcelana, they probably would dominate Europe with ease for at least another 3 or 5 years.
aka xudong
"borrowed" it from another forum. guess we will never know the truth. well actually, I don't care what the "truth" is. It doesn't matter any more.

[Image: scaled.php?server=823&filename=milannew.jpg&res=landing]
aka xudong
Goodbye to a player without allegiance. A player who I always remembered for his great potential but also blunders in defense.