Week 20: Milan - Fiorentina (Sunday, January 17 - 20:45 CET)
First game of the second half of the season. We lost 2-0 in the reverse fixture and we aren't really in much better shape now than then if I had to be perfectly honest with myself. The question is which Milan shows up - in one half of the game we can play like we deserve to be among the European places and then suddenly drop to relegation quality.

Fiorentina lost their last game and will be itching to get revenge. We'll also have tired legs because we just played midweek in the Coppa whereas Fiorentina were able to get a full week of preparation for this game. It will be tough but fingers crossed that the players can pull something out of nothing.
Siamo a posto cosi.
(01-14-2016, 06:24 PM)Mystik Wrote: First game of the second half of the season. We lost 2-0 in the reverse fixture and we aren't really in much better shape now than then if I had to be perfectly honest with myself. The question is which Milan shows up - in one half of the game we can play like we deserve to be among the European places and then suddenly drop to relegation quality.

Fiorentina lost their last game and will be itching to get revenge. We'll also have tired legs because we just played midweek in the Coppa whereas Fiorentina were able to get a full week of preparation for this game. It will be tough but fingers crossed that the players can pull something out of nothing.

We can? Grinundwech
Have to at least start the thread with SOME positivity because we know it's downhill from there Grinundwech
Siamo a posto cosi.
We got this. Fiorentina's downfall started last week and it will continue this Sunday.
PORTIERI: Abbiati, Donnarumma, Livieri

DIFENSORI: Abate, Alex, Antonelli, Calabria, De Sciglio, Romagnoli, Simic, Zapata

CENTROCAMPISTI: Bertolacci, Bonaventura, De Jong, José Mauri, Kucka, Montolivo, Poli

ATTACCANTI: Bacca, Balotelli, Boateng, Honda, Niang
Well the way thing are going, it looks like Napoli and Juventus will fight for the title. Napoli plays great football and looks unbeatable right now, and Juventus simply has the best squad in Italy.

Which leaves the 3rd place for the taking again. I think our best chance of getting 3rd place (apart from signing a couple of players) is to catch up to Inter. I don't think we will be anywhere near close enough to Juventus or Napoli in a couple of months, but Inter I think will keep dropping points. Roma is having a horrible time and they look aweful. Maybe Spalleti can help, but there is no way they are going to fight for the title. Fiorentina is inconsistent and they'll keep being that. So I think when Inter's luck runs out....they have honestly not been impressive in a single game that I've watched this year.....however they kept winning even when playing badly. I think that will end soon enough, if it hasn't already as they've dropped 5 points the the last 2 games.

A little bit of consistency for us will see us get closer to that 3rd spot. I guess I'm still a believer even after all that's happening. It has to start with us beating Fiorentina though. We have to string 4-5 victories in a row and I think everything will change.

Fiorentina plays good football at times and they've gotten a lot of praise for that...but they are nowhere near the levels of Napoli or Juventus. This is a very winnable game for us and it can give us some confidence moving forward.

I'd play with Donnarumma - Abate, Alex, Roma, Antonelli - Honda, Montolivo, Kucka, Bonaventura - Niang, Bacca
Too bad that we lost five points in the past two games. We actually deserved much more. If we do beat Fiorentina tomorrow, I will start believing again. Okmilan
Lol you guys still talking about top 3 and we aren't even in the top 5 at the moment.. So cute Grinundwech
Siamo a posto cosi.
In Miha we trust!
(01-17-2016, 05:33 PM)xudong Wrote: In Miha we trust!

F you, I'm officialy unfriending your ass Big Grin