Summer Mercato 2016
I dunno, I understand why Pjaca would choose Juve. They've been more successful recently and they're a far more stable club. With them you know what you're getting, even if you're not a regular starter. At Milan you don't. But I am so tired of Milan being humiliated like this all the time...
I feel like we need to make a statement and sign Pjaca for whatever price they are asking. If we don´t I´m afraid this could become a very bad transfer window and make our problems even worse.
(07-10-2016, 12:44 PM)millinarios Wrote: I just read that Bee is attacking again. So we may end up going for someone more Italian than Pjaca...

Its all bollox bruv , only DiMarzio said it and then Sky IIRC load of codswallop
Guys, don't be that negative about the Pjaca situation ...

Complaining about his potential choice being Juventus over Milan can make some furstration, but it's always been like that ! All our targets didn't necessarely become Milan players, and it would be quite stupid to think so, even in the past ! Some players just chose other clubs, and then ? Who cares ? We went, go and will go after other targets ?!

And stop saying we're going to be humiliated if he doesn't come, what have the fans of Napoli to think about that ?
Damn, we're in a bidding war with Juventus, the top team of Italy and a top 8 team in Europe, while we're nowhere near this level nowadays, and it's only between them and us, while Napoli was very quickly rejected by Pjaca. Napoli is one of the top teams in Italy, but yet, Pjaca didn't even consider them whereas we're still in talks with him. It's just to make you notice that while most of you see the negative part of the situation, we can easily a positive one too !

Anyway, the simple fact Pjaca became a target for Juventus shows they're taking us seriously again. And I like the fact that Milan is trying to take Cuadrado, probably just to make his price increasing and force Juventus to pay more (some years ago, we gave them players ... and helped them to get Tevez ...).

For the first time in years, this mercato could be exciting, no matter what happens and who ends up in Milan, we're smartly back in the big team news.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(07-10-2016, 02:30 PM)GeoTav Wrote: Guys, don't be that negative about the Pjaca situation ...

Complaining about his potential choice being Juventus over Milan can make some furstration, but it's always been like that ! All our targets didn't necessarely become Milan players, and it would be quite stupid to think so, even in the past ! Some players just chose other clubs, and then ? Who cares ? We went, go and will go after other targets ?!

And stop saying we're going to be humiliated if he doesn't come, what have the fans of Napoli to think about that ?
Damn, we're in a bidding war with Juventus, the top team of Italy and a top 8 team in Europe, while we're nowhere near this level nowadays, and it's only between them and us, while Napoli was very quickly rejected by Pjaca. Napoli is one of the top teams in Italy, but yet, Pjaca didn't even consider them whereas we're still in talks with him. It's just to make you notice that while most of you see the negative part of the situation, we can easily a positive one too !

Anyway, the simple fact Pjaca became a target for Juventus shows they're taking us seriously again. And I like the fact that Milan is trying to take Cuadrado, probably just to make his price increasing and force Juventus to pay more (some years ago, we gave them players ... and helped them to get Tevez ...).

For the first time in years, this mercato could be exciting, no matter what happens and who ends up in Milan, we're smartly back in the big team news.

You're absolutely right. I think it's just these last ten years, watching us go from being a club that everyone wanted to play for to being a club that struggles to buy second tier players if there's any competition for them... But at the end of the day, this is our reality right now, and there is still every reason to feel optimistic now that we're getting new owners.
What do you guys think about Piotr Zielinski, btw? We're heavily linked with him now, as apparently he was the first player Montella asked for. I didn't watch Empoli much last season, but from what I understand he's quite good.
Well we keep hearing from various sources that we are looking to add quality into the midfield, and apparently we are looking to bring in 2 midfielders, etc.

But to be honest, even though Zielinski had a good year, I don't know how much upgrade in quality he actually is. He won't be super expensive so that's a plus, but I am not sure he can be the answer (or part of it) to our miserable midfield.

The key words here are obviously "not sure he is the answer/don't know how much quality"......
So we need a midfielder that won't make us ask these questions? (is he going to be able to make the step up, is he good enough, etc, etc) We need someone that will come with guarantees. Someone that we know that as soon as we buy him, he is immediately the best and most important player in this midfield (and the overall team hopefully). No doubts, no question marks. Splash big money on a player like this and many of our problems will be resolved including restoration of confidence (among the squad and fans), self belief of our own players and also belief of outside players that we actually have a serious project and finances going on so that they don't doubt and reject Milan anymore.
I think more than anything we need a player who can be the brain of our midfield. Like what it was like back when we had Pirlo. A proper playmaker. Montolivo's just too inconsistent (and injury prone) for us to build our midfield around him.
We need to make a statement if we are back spending, not really worried if Pjaca is one such statement and we don't get him because there are others but Zielinski is not, neither is Musacchio. Not saying they are not good players (well I haven't seen Pjaca and Musacchio more than a handful of times so most of my opinion is based on others) but new owners need to stamp authority early and then move to other targets. Cuadrado I have never been too impressed with.

Players like Montolivo should not be starters but of course I don't think Montella will change a captain and/or bench a captain in his first few months in charge, at least.
If Pjaca does go to Juventus, it's not the end of the world. However, we have to take a step back and reevaluate the damage to this club that's been done in the past few years. True, we are still Milan and still one of the biggest names in football....BUT, our reputation isn't what it used to be, so if we want players that are also wanted by other big clubs...we are going to have to overpay. Simple as that.

For example, if we offered 35/40mil for Pjaca, he would be in Milan now. I'm NOT saying we should have done that....but it's just an example. There is no way that Juventus was going to pay that, and there is no way that Dinamo would've let him go to Juventus for 10-15 mil less. It's similar to what PSG did. For example, Lucas Moura. They paid 40nil for him. There is no way he was worth that. I'm not even sure if he is worth that now. But the point being....if they offered 20, maybe his club was still going to accept that, but at 20mil there was also going to be Chelsea/Real/Barca/etc....and there is no way Lucas would've accepted PSG ahead of them at the time.

It sucks, but this might be the reality for us presently. We have to eliminate the competition of big teams before the player negotiations. Because we will find ourselves with more Pjaca cases if not. B&G have lived on old glory for too long. It's catching up to this club now, and unfortunately we have to essentially "buy" back our reputation. We went from being able to underpay clubs and rely on the player's will for transfers, to the polar opposite.