Summer Mercato 2016
(07-21-2016, 06:01 AM)somedevil Wrote: This is simply yet another window where, if no one leaves, no one comes. And thanks to the contracts handed out by Galliani and the comfort of being at AC Milan, where you stroll about once a week and get paid, no one wants to leave.

I miss those times when Bonera was the only shit player we had to worry about.

Bonera ... Good old times ... I never thought I could say something like that, but this guy would be our leader, the most professionnal player we have, our great captain and our hero nowadays !
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
We could mention all the players we thought were crap during the last 25 years and they would easily walk into our first team these days.  Devilol
Well to think our Mercato hinges on someone paying €25-€30m for Bacca , West Ham are the only team to come forward.I and others did say when news broke he'd be sold that the €25-€30m was the most we could expect for a 30 year old.Even if he was 28 going 29 we'd probably of got €35-€40m easy ,to think some on other sites and social media were claiming we could get €50m or more.That word THIRTY devalues a player like no other.

Its pretty clear that we will have a worse squad this season than last season.With no money being spent and selling our top goalscorer.
I get the point that why would a group buy the club and not strenghten it.But this group buy company at their lowest value and try through smart business to make it profitable and then sell it on at its highest value.Sometimes they make huge profits sometimes they dont and then cut their loss.Them buying someting for $500m and taking on the debt is not uncommon , I dont see them spending lavishly on players.They'll try somehow to get Milans Value up and sell it on if they do they do , if they dont then it will be sold on in spite of not doubling or however much they hope for in value.
Well they have to know what they are getting themselves into. They wouldn't spend 500mil if they didn't. What I mean by that is, there is a few ways that you can raise a football team's revenue, value and appeal....and they are all tied to results on the field. You can win leagues/CLs/be involved in high profile games, you can sign big name players to ramp up the fan base and the commercial appeal, you can build a stadium and try to squeeze every ounce of commercial revenue you can from it - but a stadium won't do much by itself without a successful team behind it. You can come up with a few more, but essentially they all tie back to one thing....exposure and success on the field, gathering as much popularity and fanbase as possible.

All I'm saying is, these people wouldn't spend 500mil and take on debts of over 200mil just to "half-ass" the whole thing and make a quick turnaround by maybe making a profit, or if not just cutting their losses. They are in it to make a profit, sure. But they have to know what the ways are to make a profit from a football club. They'll have to invest some money and reconstruct the structure of the club/business. This club can't run like a family business anymore and they know it. So in all honesty, even if they restructure the club internally (kick Galliani out, bring in a real DS, maybe bring back guys like Maldini, etc) and that's all they do in the near future, I'll be happy. I believe that this club can be self sufficient in due time, but it has to have the right structure. Hopefully the Chinese see this (I think they do). But also, there has to be a "kick-start" campaign.....a short term investment spending of some sort, like the transfer market. A few years ago maybe this last part (spending on the market) wasn't so necessary, but Galliani and Berlusconi have taken the level of this team so low....that it has become a must.

Let's see what happens.
So Bacca has pretty much confirmed that he won't move to West Ham. He is saying that he'll stay in Milan.

Now the signing of Lapadula is looking like an even more incompetent decision by Galliani. Spending 10mil on yet another striker and now we have Adriano, Lapadula, bacca, Matri, Niang. Keeping in mind that Montella will use a 1 striker formation, that's just absurd.

I don't care if the Chinese invest. Just bring in competent people that can plan and run the club. It surely will be better than this crap.
I'm more upset about Pjaca to Juventus tbh... The guy proved what a good player he was yesterday scoring two goals in Zagrebs champions league qualifying match, they were both penalties but he's virtually unstoppable on the dribble this guy. I wanted us to sign him above anyone else tbh, yet again we missed out like we did with Dybala and Pogba... If we had competent management we should've at least had 1 of our targets. The price for his transfer was 23mln euros - I'm making a guess here, but I'll come back to this post to see if I was right. By next year he'll be worth at least 40mln euros, and the following probably 60-80mln like Pogba. Our management is so fkn stupid, now we're stuck with Bacca, Adriano and a Serie B striker. Bacca can't control a ball, Adriano is on par with Matri but a few years younger, and Lapadula has a lot to prove.
You should try not to get too worked up by Pjaca's snubbing us for Juventus. It has been happening for a few seasons now, and can only get even worse from here on. Wink

I don't think anyone would disagree that Galliani and Berlusconi are our problems. They have to make way otherwise Milan will be doomed forever. I am getting really sick and tired of Galliani's BS such as "we are the most successful team in Italy" or "we were the last team who won the Scudetto before Juventus dominance". This guy should have his own line of inspirational BS card (is there a such thing? Big Grin).
It's funny how they went from two of the most admired characters in the world of football to 2 of the most hated. There is not a single person outside of the club that admires these two now. And im sure people in the club dont admire them either, they just wont speak out. They've been getting criticized by everyone...club legends, journalists, executives, fans...you name it.

That's what happens when you completely ignore the fans, the legends of the club, the needs of the team and the business as a whole.

I never knew that B & G would fall this low. It's a great lesson for everyone I guess. Don't ever think that you are untouchable...
In many ways, this Milan management is a reflection of what is wrong with the old school way of doing business. The amount of nepotism, unprofessional behavior, kissing up, lack of focus on end goals and many other questionable tactics are too much to overcome. Even the best managers in the world cannot thrive or even make any real changes in this environment, because the structure will simply weigh them down. Part of me think maybe the Chinese realize this and used all of this negotiations or problems with the negotiations as a way to squeeze Berlu out. They lured him in with some early promises (honorary president, invest a lot of money, keep Galli and Barbara around, etc) and then turn the table on him when the going gets serious. I certainly hope so, because Berlu, and his brain that is still stuck in 1987, deserves it.
(07-21-2016, 08:06 PM)nefremo Wrote: So Bacca has pretty much confirmed that he won't move to West Ham. He is saying that he'll stay in Milan.

Now the signing of Lapadula is looking like an even more incompetent decision by Galliani. Spending 10mil on yet another striker and now we have Adriano, Lapadula, bacca, Matri, Niang. Keeping in mind that Montella will use a 1 striker formation, that's just absurd.

I don't care if the Chinese invest. Just bring in competent people that can plan and run the club. It surely will be better than this crap.

I absolutely agree, but I think we have to blame Berlusconi for Lapadula. He's the one who wanted him. From what I gathered at the time, Galliani was just doing as he was told.