Summer Mercato 2016
(08-09-2016, 02:30 AM)nefremo Wrote: Well, I'm not disagreeing with you....but Isco's agent said he is not interested moving to any club. Milan, or anyone else.

exactly... I think the Isco not wanting to go to us is more a not wanting to leave than anything else... Keep in Mind, Pogba had said various times that he wasn't leaving Juventus and we all saw how that panned out... 

Some times agent say their client is not interested to get more money... something Galliani falls for every time... but i suppose these guys are going to have to realise that the new guys won't be like Galliani...
It's very simple to get players these days. You offer money, lots of it, to everyone involved.

Isco's comment wasn't made to ridicule Milan but he just responded to the rumors and said he's not leaving. Not for Milan or for anyone and that he wants to extend his contract.

I bet you that if Milan goes to him, tells him that we will make his client the new face of a team that'll spend 350mil in the next 3 years, that will will offer him a very lucrative deal.....AND, wait for it, we will give YOU a very very hefty fee for brokering the deal and making it happen.......I bet you Isco would be a Milan player before you know it. Especially because Real is open to a transfer anyway. It's just a matter of whether we have the money right now or not. Will the Chinese spend before the official closing or will we have to wait until.January.

I think removing this current management will do wonders for players to know that there is an actual project going on and actual capital behind it. This is half the battle. Players just don't trust the current management anymore. The lies became too much and they know that there is bullshit around every corner. There is no projects, no money, no desire. Just the fact that that will be removed from the club is a huge step forward.
one good player already got burnt from Silvio and Adriano's "project" so I think until it's all completely finalised as nefremo said, bigger names will be reluctant to jump on board.

Also as you've said, these days it is very much whoever will hand over the extra dollar... we're constantly seeing players that "will never leave" and end up leaving that transfer window... If the club wants to sell and there's a club interested, then in most cases the the deal will be done, it's just a matter on negotiating what money is going to who...
(08-09-2016, 02:22 AM)Ryo Wrote: Basically the toxic environment we've been working with in the last decade or so. We're no longer an attractive place to go for top tier stars because the results and our clubs mismanagement in that time frame. Thanks B and G for that.

Best we can hope for some uninformed talents or prospects who still worship us for our Van Bastens Weahs and Shevas, or high end mercenaries willing to play anywhere for bigger bucks.

That's possible, but hopefully with the recent takeover, this image is going to change. 

While I don't believe that we have a chance in landing Isco, I wouldn't take offense in his "snubbing" us. I will hope that good players will rekindle their interests in Milan, and that we will go back to where we belong soon.  Heart
Once new mgt is in place with vision (and money), we will def be able to convince those players with that vision (and money), the way Mcity did it few years back. Players like Isco, money aside, would hopefully choose to start every game for us than warming the bench with RM. Devilcool
I would love to see us pounce on this:

http://www.football-italia.net/88981/age...ning-leave

Insigne to Milan would be huge, I think he's the most natural attacking talent in the Italian game right now.
Insigne would be amazing. One of the best attackers in Italy and I think he is just about to get even better.

I don't know though, I wonder if this is just a contract negotiation tactic. Also, if he really will be allowed to be sold.... I wonder what the price will be. I would guess 30mil would be the starting point.

BUT, remember, Napoli is interested in DES. Dev, I know you are strongly against his sale, so would you consider involving him in a deal for Insigne?
To answer the question myself, I would do it in a heartbeat without thinking too much.
DES for Insigne heck no. We have money now- let's just stop selling out own players and buy others'. Insigne would be such a perfect buy. I can't even imagine the shitstorm in Naples if he left.
That's just the problem, we might not have money just yet. Insigne will add a lot to our attack, while in all honesty, the way DES has been performing, we are not losing out on much. We are also well covered on the wingback positions. We dont have any world class players there, but it's not the most pressing need now. Abate, Antonelli, Calabria, Vangioni, De Sciglio. That's more than enough players and one of them can safely be sacrifced and we will still be just fine. Sure it can be one that's not De Sciglio, but nobody else gives us the (hypothetical) possibility of getting Insigne. It's a trade off that makes sense for this team right now imo. I'm not sure if this team without De Sciglio is any worse....but I'm sure this team with Insigne is a lot better. Thats my reasoning.
How about Daley Blind and Juan Mata? Rumours say they have been told they can leave Manchester United.