Summer Mercato 2016
With due respect to Sosa as a player, we dont need Sosa and I dont want him either.
(08-16-2016, 07:32 AM)zapirate Wrote: Jose Sosa is a very good Offensive Midfielder but because of that you really want a young talent or a famous midfielder you can't judge his abilities correctly. Yes 7.5 m is very much for a player who is not famous and 31 years old but Besiktas is in a bad situation also and now they have to find someone for the same position. So the price must make them pleased and 7.5 is ok for them I guess. Sosa is a crusader he pressures in the attacking area like a deffensive midfielder so it helps intercepting, he is not an ordinary number 10. Played for Bayern, Napoli and Atleti. He cant be that bad and you will regret about your comments when the season ends. Besides he is eager to play Milan and it is another reason for fighting a succesful season

He may be a useful player, just like Kucka is a useful player, but that level is not enough to solve Milan's midfield problems. I'm on the opinion that we need top players to make this midfield work properly, and while Sosa may be experienced and useful, top player for sure he is not...
Sosa is by all means a mediocre player. He has failed to live up to any of the potential that caused us to try to sign him back in 2007.
He has bounced from club to club without making a mark. As bad as Serie A is, it is still way above the Turkish league, and I am far from convinced that he can do any better here than Honda has.
I see us desperately trying to offload him to slice his wages in a year or two. He is by all means a typical Gallianiesque signing.
(08-16-2016, 08:30 AM)Nicolas Wrote: Sosa is by all means a mediocre player. He has failed to live up to any of the potential that caused us to try to sign him back in 2007.
He has bounced from club to club without making a mark. As bad as Serie A is, it is still way above the Turkish league, and I am far from convinced that he can do any better here than Honda has.
I see us desperately trying to offload him to slice his wages in a year or two. He is by all means a typical Gallianiesque signing.

The problem is, the level of Bentancurs and Sosas is what 10-15M can give you. We are not really helped out with this pathetic transfer budget. If the Chinese are serious about Milan, they should find a way to improve the team before September.
(08-16-2016, 08:35 AM)millinarios Wrote: The problem is, the level of Bentancurs and Sosas is what 10-15M can give you. We are not really helped out with this pathetic transfer budget. If the Chinese are serious about Milan, they should find a way to improve the team before September.

At least Bentancur is a young talent with lots of potential to grow. Unlike Sosa.
(08-16-2016, 08:46 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: At least Bentancur is a young talent with lots of potential to grow. Unlike Sosa.

Exactly. Neither of them will solve all our problems, but at least there is potential to a guy like Bentancur. Bentancur’s resale value is also considerably higher if he does not work out. Sosa will most likely sit out his contract and then leave on a free.
(08-16-2016, 08:35 AM)millinarios Wrote: The problem is, the level of Bentancurs and Sosas is what 10-15M can give you. We are not really helped out with this pathetic transfer budget. If the Chinese are serious about Milan, they should find a way to improve the team before September.

The transfer budget is limiting indeed. However it would have been enough to sign someone like Zielinski. It could also work as a first installment for the payment of a guy like Cuadrado or Witsel. Most of our transfers are done in installments anyway. Sosa just reaks of a quick and dirty solution.
And a big Fuck YOU to Mr. Galliani....
http://www.football-italia.net/89822/mil...r-informal

This is the same shit that he pulls every single transfer since 2009. First he talks with the players, gets them interested. Then he talks up a storm in the press to make our interest known. Then he forces the player to go talk to their own club so that we can get a bigger discount.

First off, players don't want to do this sort of shit, because if the deals fall through it makes them look bad in the eyes of their current team, which doesn't bode well if they have contract extension talks later on.
Second, it's shit like this that makes most clubs hate us, because it seems like we're dealing with the players behind the clubs back, making it even harder to do business with them, both now and in the future.

You'd think that near 10 years of mediocrity on the transfer market when you work with a shoestring budget would be enough to teach this dude what not to do.
Seriously, this guy NEVER fucking learns....
New management, same dumbass Fester...
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
lol, when I saw the comment from Boca's VP, my initial reaction was simply "what?" out of surprise, but on thought it really is typical Pigeon.

The Sosa rumours seem very real, with Sky reporting it's quite close to happening now. Apparently they also report the leftover budget will be used to get El Ghazi, who Jorge Mendes has apparently offered:

http://www.football-italia.net/89819/el-...ered-milan
http://www.milannews.it/calciomercato-mi...azi-224561

Interesting that apparently Jorge Mendes is offering his clients to us now, with both El Ghazi and Mangala both apparently offered. Seems that with the Chinese money set to come in, vultures are already circling.
So it looks like it will be Sosa for the midfield. I don't know what to think of this. Everyone is sayin that he had a great season last year, but that's just it....he had a great year in Turkey while he has more or less "failed" in Napoli, Bayern and Atletico in the past.
I just hope this doesn't turn out to be another one of these situations we always get stuck with - a 31yr old on 2.2mil wages (reported) for 3 years who will be 34 when his contract ends. Forget about getting rid of him if it doesn't work out. The guy has nothing to worry about, no National team call up to worry about in order to go seek first teak football...he knows this is his last big contract......we are stuck with him for the next 3 years whether he performs or not. There is no re-sale value there either.

The negatives from his past performances and the negatives from what can be the potential scenario with this signing....far outway the 1 good season he had at Besiktas for me. I hope that it turns out differently and that he gives us at least a couple of very good years.

Either way, Calciomercato (not a great source i know) reports that the 7.5 mil for Sosa will be paid over 2 years so that still leaves more than 10mil out of the reported 15mil budget. I would say take that 10mil and try for someone like Kovacic/Coric/Torres/Paredes for a loan + obligation/option. I think if you are willing to pay 10mil as an initial loan fee, it pretty much shows the intentions that you will pay the rest to make the loan permanent anyway.