Summer Mercato 2016
Chelsea offer 35M for Romagnoli, but was rejected acc to source
(08-22-2016, 01:39 PM)edysim Wrote: Chelsea offer 35M for Romagnoli, but was rejected acc to source

From FootballItalia:

http://www.football-italia.net/90185/mil...-romagnoli
(08-22-2016, 01:30 PM)millinarios Wrote: Who is Stam Bouli? Is he related to Jaap?

Devilol

Just another reject:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Stambouli
(08-22-2016, 01:53 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Devilol

Just another reject:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjamin_Stambouli

So Galliani wants him because he is on the cheap   Facepalm
(08-22-2016, 02:11 PM)millinarios Wrote: So Galliani wants him because he is on the cheap   Facepalm

What's new?  Dodgy
Galliani is trying to leave his legacy by getting us crap players...
Stambouli is not bad imo, but what are we going after here? Unless Montella is brave enough to drop Montolivo there is little point in Sosa even, I am not saying they are exact same positions but 4-3-3 with Montolivo, Bertolacci, Kucka, Sosa, Poli, Locatelli and not even counting Mauri. We are going back to ~30 players squad size again.

My point is unless coach and management for sure are done with Montolivo (and Poli etc.) we can't keep buying midfielders.
I think Stambouli would not be a bad player to sign. The guy is young, and has some obvious talent since PSG and Tottenham both liked him. I could see him as the kind of under the radar signing like we did with Boateng (the first time). The only question is, does he fit in with our style of play. Montella is a coach who likes technical players. His Fiorentina team played with almost all technical players in the midfield. Stambouli, from the looks of it, is more of a destroyer than someone who has good feet. I guess he's kind of a young De Jong in that sense. I am not sure that would fit in well with Montella's plan.
Galliani has said that Montella wants a "vice" Montolivo! Good lord! We need a player to replace montolivo...not be his back up.

Stambouli is nothing more than what we have now..same thing all over again. Getting players and praying that they will perform like they did years ago. It seems to have worked great so far...why not continue this tactic... Dodgy Even though, with the way Montolivo performed yesterday, even a monkey would be better..
(08-22-2016, 07:26 PM)slifersd Wrote: I think Stambouli would not be a bad player to sign. The guy is young, and has some obvious talent since PSG and Tottenham both liked him. I could see him as the kind of under the radar signing like we did with Boateng (the first time). The only question is, does he fit in with our style of play. Montella is a coach who likes technical players. His Fiorentina team played with almost all technical players in the midfield. Stambouli, from the looks of it, is more of a destroyer than someone who has good feet. I guess he's kind of a young De Jong in that sense. I am not sure that would fit in well with Montella's plan.

He is 26, not THAT young. Tottenham got rid of him after 1 year where he featured in 12 league matches. Now PSG want to get rid of him after having him as a substitute for a year. He might be an ok player, but does not represent a leap in quality - not even for us.

40 average players, here we go!