Summer Mercato 2016
(08-24-2016, 05:29 PM)reza Wrote: Big Grin

"Milan rejected a €1M offer from Atalanta for Paletta"

Wow, that's a lot of euros! Big Grin

[Image: flying-euros_2547547k.jpg]
WCmilan, the worst thing about Pasalic is that it is a dry loan. There is no winning formula for us next summer. If he performs over the year, Chelsea can just refuse to sell him. We don't have an option or a set price. We just have a first refusal right....which basically just gives us the ability to match an offer that another team makes.

If this guy performs, than I guess it's good for us regardless. It's just a little frustrating that we are acting like a feeder club in a sense. But i guess when you have no money and you are broke, you have to feed on crumbs.
I know how you feel, nefremo. I can't stand the thought that we are now a lesser club. It is particularly hard one me because I started watching Milan when we bought players that did well against us (Savicevic, Simone, Eranio, Papin, Desailly, etc.). And coach too (Sacchi). The rationale was simple: we were the best, and if somehow someone could still outshine us, he deserved to join us.

I doubt that the Chinese money will bring us back to what it was 25 years ago. In fact, I even doubt that the Chinese money would bring us back to something like 2010-11. Sad
On Pasalic http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/mari...d-headache
Let's put it this way, may be we have no choice but to be happy if the new regime at least hangs on to players like Romagnoli. And then hope for better signs after the supposed closing
Well with Mauri leaving and on top of that Beetolacci injured...maybe Pasalic is a low cost replacement for both of them without taking on too much of a risk.

I don't see anyone else coming at this point unless we sell someone. I can see Honda leaving, but that's about it. Ely/Vergara won't bring any cash even if they leave.
I am probably in the minority on this, but after all that we went through with Berlu, particularly the last five to ten years of his regime, I do not want a repeat of his reign again.

For decades, we operated on a totally different business model than that of Juve. And for years, it seemed like our plan was working just fine. In the 90s and early 2000s, we were on top of the world. But eventually, our model showed its weaknesses. The decision making power is so centralized in Milan that it took us massive amount of resources (money used on players) to offset repeated mistakes. The mistakes are repeated because decision makers had little accountability and were never forced into fixing the problems. Juve, on the other hand, believed in their model and it allowed them sustainable success over decades without having to find sugar daddy who pour in stupid money every year.

As the new owners come in, all I want is for them to change the organizational philosophy of the team. No more of this mom and pop store mentality (boss is always right, everyone else shut up), no more "the president is the heart and soul and everything wonderful about this team", no more dumb justifications for mistakes. Install a professional environment to Milan, and we can be successful even without massive amount of money. Juve operated on a budget for decades, and you can hardly argue we are much better off than they were during that same time frame; Bayern had been the leader in financial responsibility, and they dominated like no other. The new age of soccer requires high caliber of management, and that's exactly what we have been missing.
I don't think you are in the minority with that. I think there is a lot of us that agree with those statements.

Good post.
I read that Juventus is pursuing Matuidi. PSG wants 30M but Juventus is willing to pay 22M.

I am wondering why we would not go for him (maybe salary? maybe CL?). The transfer fee per se is very reasonable.
Yes, fee is very reasonable for a player of his quality who is at the top of his game. But even if we have the money at this point, he will probably choose Juventus ahead of us.

Ajax is now out of the CL, so I wonder if we will make another push for El Ghazi. I think the most likely transfers are ones like El Ghazi at this point. I see us buying him if Honda is sold. I am afraid that with this Pasalic move, the midfield is all done and dusted so I don't expect any more links to Paredes/Kovacic.

This is what we have at this moment: 
red =  strong rumors in the last week/ likely to leave
yellow = might leave, but no strong rumors currently
green = youth, does not count towards 25 men squad registration 
blue = likely to sign

Donnarumma
Gabriel
Diego Lopez

Abate
Antonelli
Calabria
De Sciglio
Vangioni
Gomez
Romagnoli
Paletta
Zapata
Vergara
Ely

Bertolacci
Honda
Kucka
Locatelli
Mauri (also U21)
Montolivo
Poli
Sosa
Pasalic

Bonaventura
Bacca
Lapadula
Adriano
Niang
Suso

If I have done this correctly, it means that we have 29 players all together, including Pasalic. 

That means we have exactly 25 players + 4 U21s. So basically, in theory, we can't sign any more players above the age of 21 and register them for the new season. In other words, we are truly in a situation where we must sell someone, in order to buy someone. (Mauri wouldn't change anything in terms of those numbers since he is a U21 player anyway)

What I think is likely to happen at this point:
1. Lopez will leave and be replaced by a youngster in the squad.
2. One of Ely/Vergara will leave, the other one stays as a 5th choice CB. (my preference would be for Vergara to leave)
3. Mauri will leave (seems like he has asked to go in order to play.....and it looks like he has already been replaced by Pasalic.
4. Honda might leave and be replaced by another RW. (my guess is we might go for El Ghazi)

That would leave us with 23 players, plus 4 U21s (Gigio, Calabria, Locatelli, Lopez's replacement).

What I would like to see happen on top of the 4 things above:
5. Sell Poli
6. Sell Adriano
7. Loan Locatelli (send the boy to a club where he'll play the whole season and develop)
8. Sign Paredes

That should put us at:

GK: Donnarumma (Gabriel; 3rd choice)
RB: Abate (Calabria)
LB: De Sciglio (Antonelli; Vangioni)
CB: Romagnoli - Gomez (Zapata; Paletta; Ely)
Regista: Paredes (Montolivo)
CMs: Kucka - Sosa (Pasalic - Bertolacci)
LW: Niang/Bonaventura 
RW: Suso/El Ghazi
ST: Bacca (Lapadula; Niang)