Summer Mercato 2016
(02-02-2016, 06:16 PM)xudong Wrote: About Witsel, I am getting conflicting information. I am quite sure that I read it elsewhere too that his contract runs out in the summer of 2017, but then I also remember Galliani saying (not verbatim) "we will talk about Witsel again this summer (2016) when he becomes a free man".

I don't know anything about el Ghazi. Dutch league has not produced too many talents since Suarez, so that's not an exciting league for me (feel free to refute me, because I don't really follow it to form an educated and fair opinion Big Grin)

pretty sure Witsel's contract ends 2017

Robinho is without a club... surely we could sign him ... And Ronaldinho... 

In all seriousness... We need a good CB a CM and we need to sort out what we are doing up front...

Witsel fits the bill for CM, plus add maybe a Laporte for CB but not sure what we can do up front... depends what formation we will stick to I suppose.
Dont daydream about Laporte, Barca was said to be interested in him, but more importantly release clause is €50M.

The chinese club dealing with Adriano was probably trolling Galli, even Evergrande has no problem spending €42M on Jackie.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
aka edysim
I agree with slifersd. Galliani's slow action is costing us a good opportunity. Apparently he did want to cash in on Adriano (and he probably was Evergrande's primary target) but wanted to hold on to him for a few more weeks (Chinese league's transfer window remains open until the end of February). He thought that Guangzhou Evergrande would wait, but they are an ambitious team and moved on quickly and didn't mind having to spend a few extra millions.

Not every team is cheap; not every team waits until the last minute to do business. Galliani needs to know that. Unfortunately, Galliani will NOT learn lesson from this. You can't teach an old dog any new trick. Galliani is out-dated, and will do Milan no good.
I know this is a little off topic, but I didn't have a chance to post my thoughts on the Niang debate back in the winter mercato thread.

I really don't understand why the guys still in question, and I'm very happy we decided not to sell him to Leicester. The kid is only 21 years old and he's playing a starting role keeping Balotelli,Prince and Adriano on the bench. This attitude we have and this impatience when he messes the odd thing up or doesnt have the best game of his life is the exact attitude that management and ourselves had that put us in the position to watch Aubameyang scoring 30 goals a season and I wouldn't rule out seeing the same thing happen with ELS.

The fact is, some of us dont appreciate what Niang does for this team. When we qualified for 3rd place that year, we had a youthful and energetic attack. ELS was full of confidence and playing well, but more importantly until his miss against Barca, Niang gave a lot of pace and energy to our right wing that season.

What Niang offers to this team is more than meets the eye IMO, a lot more. He may mess up a pass, or make the wrong decision, but he's determined. I'd rather a player like him who takes his man when he thinks he can to try and get into dangerous positions, who whips in a cross when he can, or shoots even if it goes in the stands. I'd rather that energy than someone like Honda who just passes the ball back, or like most of the rest of the team who are clueless when we cant come up with answers. I've heard he doesnt track back but I saw a lot of that against inter. The fact is, he fatigues defences running at them all game long. One day, he wont mess up taking on his man, not that he does very often anyhow, one day when he takes a shot outside the box it'll hit the top corners, and he'll cross just as he did for Bacca on many occasions, because he's only 21 and he has all the right characteristics, he just needs to perfect them. His dirty work and his determined efforts in attack should never be undermined, our attack lacks a ton of energy when he's not on the pitch. Niang is personally one of my favorite players and has been since the first year we got him. I've never given up faith, because his talent is so obvious. It's the impatience we have as fans that makes us live to regret getting rid of guys like him. Anyhow, he definitely deserves a starting place over anyone else at this point. His contribution in Coppa Italia was crucial, and he was responsible for an assist and a goal in the derby that completely opened up our league hopes again.

Also, I cant say that I'm not disappointed that we let ELS go. We should've dry loaned him if he needed to play, and focused on getting rid of Honda and Adriano over the summer to free up space for him. He has two goals in two games for Roma so far, one of them a fantastic backheel. I do hope he somehow returns, especially hearing that El Ghazi is apparently a selfish mediocre player now, I'd rather ELS.

I wish we signed Coric over this mercato. The kid is on track to being the next big thing, not that there wont be any risk, there will like any young player but the kid is super talented.. and a Milan fan.
(02-03-2016, 08:21 AM)WCmilan Wrote: I know this is a little off topic, but I didn't have a chance to post my thoughts on the Niang debate back in the winter mercato thread.

I really don't understand why the guys still in question, and I'm very happy we decided not to sell him to Leicester. The kid is only 21 years old and he's playing a starting role keeping Balotelli,Prince and Adriano on the bench. This attitude we have and this impatience when he messes the odd thing up or doesnt have the best game of his life is the exact attitude that management and ourselves had that put us in the position to watch Aubameyang scoring 30 goals a season and I wouldn't rule out seeing the same thing happen with ELS.

The fact is, some of us dont appreciate what Niang does for this team. When we qualified for 3rd place that year, we had a youthful and energetic attack. ELS was full of confidence and playing well, but more importantly until his miss against Barca, Niang gave a lot of pace and energy to our right wing that season.

What Niang offers to this team is more than meets the eye IMO, a lot more. He may mess up a pass, or make the wrong decision, but he's determined. I'd rather a player like him who takes his man when he thinks he can to try and get into dangerous positions, who whips in a cross when he can, or shoots even if it goes in the stands. I'd rather that energy than someone like Honda who just passes the ball back, or like most of the rest of the team who are clueless when we cant come up with answers. I've heard he doesnt track back but I saw a lot of that against inter. The fact is, he fatigues defences running at them all game long. One day, he wont mess up taking on his man, not that he does very often anyhow, one day when he takes a shot outside the box it'll hit the top corners, and he'll cross just as he did for Bacca on many occasions, because he's only 21 and he has all the right characteristics, he just needs to perfect them. His dirty work and his determined efforts in attack should never be undermined, our attack lacks a ton of energy when he's not on the pitch. Niang is personally one of my favorite players and has been since the first year we got him. I've never given up faith, because his talent is so obvious. It's the impatience we have as fans that makes us live to regret getting rid of guys like him. Anyhow, he definitely deserves a starting place over anyone else at this point. His contribution in Coppa Italia was crucial, and he was responsible for an assist and a goal in the derby that completely opened up our league hopes again.

Also, I cant say that I'm not disappointed that we let ELS go. We should've dry loaned him if he needed to play, and focused on getting rid of Honda and Adriano over the summer to free up space for him. He has two goals in two games for Roma so far, one of them a fantastic backheel. I do hope he somehow returns, especially hearing that El Ghazi is apparently a selfish mediocre player now, I'd rather ELS.

I wish we signed Coric over this mercato. The kid is on track to being the next big thing, not that there wont be any risk, there will like any young player but the kid is super talented.. and a Milan fan.
This. Every word. Niang I'd a little gem
(02-02-2016, 06:16 PM)xudong Wrote: About Witsel, I am getting conflicting information. I am quite sure that I read it elsewhere too that his contract runs out in the summer of 2017, but then I also remember Galliani saying (not verbatim) "we will talk about Witsel again this summer (2016) when he becomes a free man".

According to transfermarkt it's till 2017.

http://www.transfermarkt.rs/axel-witsel/...eler/35047
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Galliani hinted at Vasquez arriving in the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's just trolling! It's no secret that Galliani likes the player as he himself has said so and Zamparini has said it too. The real issue would be to know who the coach will be and what's the type of players that he would require. I don't mind us starting summer transfer activity early as long as there is a plan......and if we are going to stick with Mihajlovic (I think we should) than we can start early with building. Zamparini will auction off Vazquez, but the way this season is going for them....I doubt he'll be able to get the 30mil he keeps talking about. At this point, seeing as there aren't that many other teams interested, I think we can probably snatch Vazquez up even for less than 20mil.

My concern is, I'm not sure that he is the right player. I think we need to solidify the midfield first (Vazquez can play as an AM and yes that's in a way adding a player in the midfield essentially, but I think our focus should be more on a player that plays a little deeper), find a good right winger (assuming we'll continue to use players on the wings), find a long term partner for Romagnoli, and get one fullback (for either side, but preferably on the RIGHT I think).

I'll say it again...if Mammana is only worth 10mil (River said so themselves and they openly said they were going to accept a 9mil Euro bid from Fiorentina), than we need to go for this kid. That money will be NOTHING if this kid brings the same level of play that I've seen from him in Argentina to Italy. We also have Alex, Zapata, and Mexes that will have their contracts expire this summer so the only CBs that we'll have are Romagnoli and Ely (if we end up keeping him anyway). On top of that, Mammana is actually a very good RB as well. Definitely better than what WE have right now.

Than, invest heavily in one good CM (Gundogan type, Verratti type, Alcantara type, etc...........you get my drift....someone that's a game changer and plays on that line.....not behind the forwards).

Find a good left footed RW. This will be tougher to find as the really good ones probably won't move from where they are so this is where scouting should kick in. But like I've said before......If Ben Arfa doesn't extend his contract....I would go for him for free this summer. I just don't want us to buy Vazquez or some other CAM and throw him out on the wing.

Buy a good RB. I'm not sure who......but one is needed.

Mammana (10mil), CM (blow out the bank on this, 30+mil), RW (Ben Arfa free?), and use whatever else we have for a RB. I think this will fix the team quite a bit and it won't cost more than what we spent last summer. I actually expect us to spend 50+mil again, especially if we make the CL. Also, I'm sure we can find a 4th choice CB for quite cheap or we can even extend one of Zapata/Alex for that role.
(02-03-2016, 08:36 PM)nefremo Wrote: Mammana (10mil), CM (blow out the bank on this, 30+mil), RW (Ben Arfa free?), and use whatever else we have for a RB. I think this will fix the team quite a bit and it won't cost more than what we spent last summer. I actually expect us to spend 50+mil again, especially if we make the CL. Also, I'm sure we can find a 4th choice CB for quite cheap or we can even extend one of Zapata/Alex for that role.

Agreed. 
Mammana would be good but considering we're losing a few of our CB will be out of contract I think we should also go for Nkoulou who's available for free. Don't have too much to lose. I'd let Alex go... too slow and on high wages.

CM - completely agree, although I'd still love Witsel.

RW Ben Arfa sounds good. Any other option will cost a lot. 

I feel like this Mercato should be a big clean out.

Players out:
Diego Lopez
Mexes
Zapata
Alex
Honda
Nocerino
Luis Adriano
Balotelli(not keep hima fter loan)

Player in:
Might have to look at a good subsitute Goalkeeper if Gabriel isn't up to the task. Not sure how much longer Abbiati will hang around
Mammana
Nkoulou
as a plan b - Niklas Sule?
Fabinho from Monaco? Vrsaljko is also handy. 
Witsel(or similar)
Banega would have been good but I'd settle for a good young CM or AM
Lavezzi or Ben Arfa
SES(bring back(if he keeps playing as well as he has so far or find a similar young replacement)

We need to look further than nest year. No point in getting a team that might do well in Europe if we'll have to start replacing players again in 1-2 years time.
(02-03-2016, 11:25 PM)porcho Wrote: Agreed. 
Mammana would be good but considering we're losing a few of our CB will be out of contract I think we should also go for Nkoulou who's available for free. Don't have too much to lose. I'd let Alex go... too slow and on high wages.

CM - completely agree, although I'd still love Witsel.

RW Ben Arfa sounds good. Any other option will cost a lot. 

I feel like this Mercato should be a big clean out.

Players out:
Diego Lopez
Mexes
Zapata
Alex
Honda
Nocerino
Luis Adriano
Balotelli(not keep hima fter loan)

Player in:
Might have to look at a good subsitute Goalkeeper if Gabriel isn't up to the task. Not sure how much longer Abbiati will hang around
Mammana
Nkoulou
as a plan b - Niklas Sule?
Fabinho from Monaco? Vrsaljko is also handy. 
Witsel(or similar)
Banega would have been good but I'd settle for a good young CM or AM
Lavezzi or Ben Arfa
SES(bring back(if he keeps playing as well as he has so far or find a similar young replacement)

We need to look further than nest year. No point in getting a team that might do well in Europe if we'll have to start replacing players again in 1-2 years time.

Nice list , Id add Matip but I see him going to the EPL .I doubt Sule is realistic as he's highly rated and Id see Dortmund or Bayern going for him .Fabinho would be hella expensive , Monaco wont sell cheap.Lavezzi Id pass on.
Vrsaljko , Banega if hes not agreed to go anywhere or doesnt renew.Witsel , if we have the 20/25m Nkolou if we could convince him would be good.