Summer Mercato 2016
Juan Iturbe for Stephan El Shaarawy?

http://www.football-italia.net/80588/mil...turbe-swap

Not good enough for Bournemouth... I don't know.
Exchanging an in-form player with an out of form player..

sounds pretty much a Galliani!
While it is encouraging to hear, I would take Mihajlovic's comments on el Shaarawy with a grain of salt. Roma is a bigger team than us (at the moment), I don't think we could send any player there to recover form or confidence.

Bottom line, this deal is a bad one for us.
ACMILAN1983 agreed. that's always been my point I dont think we have the players for the system....

If we dont keep SES then so be it, hopefully we get in someone better, although I cant imagine who...
As for switching him for Iturbe??? Why not sign Gilardino while we're at it... Smells so much like a Galliani move... That guy really needs to go retire somewhere... even better to go Inter... weave your magic uselessness somewhere where it actually helps
ELS is like a crazy but really hot ex-girlfriend that you broke up with. Sure, it is fun to think about having him back and play world class soccer again, but in reality, there was a good reason he was let go to begin with. He is not a good fit into our formation, and he doesn't have championship level mental strength. To me, his resurgence has more to do with Roma's resurgence in general under Spaletti, not his individual improvement. It's easy to look good playing for the current Golden State Warriors, but much tougher to look good playing for the Philadelphia 76ers.
I personally don't think that is the case... I think it's partly Spaletti and partly him getting his form back.
If he is the hot ex-girlfriend does that make Honda, Luis Adriano, Balotelli this girl?

http://www.hekaheka.com/wp-content/uploa...ctures.jpg
Part of all the praise he is getting is overrated. He's done ok at Roma But he hasn't been brilliant. He's scored a few goals but I have a feeling those will dry up quick. He is still in his honeymoon period with them.

The whole situation reminds me of Baseli situation in August/early September. He scored some goals and people went nuts that we didn't buy him. The goals dried up and he is back on his place now...at a Torino level team.

Having said that, SES has some problems, but I still think he can be useful here......but not as a LW. I don't think the guy can cut it as a winger. He can't take players on 1v1 and is very 1 dimensional. If he was to come back here than I'd like to see him as a support striker. If he stays there, than it's nothing to cry over. But I don't want Iturbe. I'd rather take the cash and invest it and I'd rather have Ben Arfa. Iturbe is like a blind dog sometimes. If there is no space in front of him to run into like a sprinter, he is pretty much useless. His first touch can be terrible which limits him in tight areas and simply isn't crafty enough. It's no surprise he struggled in a team that has to work with a lot less space in the attacking half compared to Verona where they played on the counter with acres of space for Iturbe to just run.
Iturbe:

- Used to be a big name
- Failed at a lower level team and is benched there
- We lose a quality player

This has galliani written all over it....
Iturbe did great at Verona , at Roma he started good had a nasty injury then came back out of form and Garcia was running the team into the ground.He was out of form though , Boirnemouth well a new league new team thats doing well enough for their level with a settled team , not knowing the language all goes against him.
Id take a stab at Iturbe , as for SES he is scoring at Roma , but not contributing much else to their overall play.If he came back he wouldnt start over Bona or Bacca Menez , he'd most likely be a nice option off the bench , but thats the issue unless everything goes his way he falls into a downward spiral and he's prob be the SES that left/
We tend to forget that our players had serious injuries, yet we use that as an excuse for other players.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk