Summer Mercato 2016
(03-09-2016, 11:00 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I disagree on Montolivo, I think the last couple of performances have shown how important he is this season.

However, I also agree with nefremo, I wouldn't mind major changes in midfield, hence I mentioned it in my last post Wink

I think u should look at his last 5 games again. Terrible passing, terrible running and terrible positioning doing more harm then good. But the most important reason I want him gone is that he is bad for the group and a bad personality. Whenever he makes a mistake, he starts yelling at his teammates. That's not the mentality we need, but it's typical for Montolivo.
Not that I see Europe happening but still. If we do get back to big European football games the type of game Montolivo plays will be exposed, that kind of role barely works in Serie A in my opinion but we will need some other characteristics for Europe.
I'm not going to disagree Montolivo's not always had good games, but I think in this Milan he's necessary component for his ball winning abilties and his ability to organise the game. I've not seen anything from him to suggest he's got a bad personality. I would say if anything he seems too quiet, he needs to be better at lifting his teammates as captain.

reza, I don't really disagree with you. I've said from last summer that after this season, we seriously need to consider replacing Montolivo. I think he's ok for Europe, but we shouldn't be content with just ok.

This relates to the point I think slifersd made about Boufal. There may be competition for him, but we need to be ambitious and if we're smart, we can surely look to get him.
Link to Biglia this morning , 30 , 31 in January and probably expensive even at his age.A no go for me , if he was relatively cheap on a 2 year deal and used instead of Montolivo then yes.But Ima say no.
Lucas Biglia? No thanks. Decent player, but too late. I'd prefer we look elsewhere.

"Milan consider Brocchi-Lippi?"

http://www.football-italia.net/81055/mil...cchi-lippi

I don't like this idea at all... Lippi, too old school. Brocchi, unproven - like Inzaghi.
Monti on his good days is very good. He wins balls and disperses well. He never was the creative engine that he was advertised to be, but otherwise does his job. On his bad days, he really really hurts the team. He will miss occasional tackles BUT worst of all he gives the ball away either through errant passes or holding on to it for too long and getting dispossessed.

Replacing him is so tough but is the ultimate step to getting this team to the next level. I have no doubt that a World Class replacement would propel us to CL. We seemed to have found the other parts around him, but he really is central to this side transitioning from defense to attack.

Miha leaving would be one of the worst things we have done in a while. Aside from the impact of getting players to adapt to ANOTHER system, what player in the right mind would join a club without CL, with fans that don't show up to matches, immense pressure from media and coaches that barely stick around one season? We are poisoning our own transfer market!
I mentioned feeling hopeful following rumours the other day. The high spirits were deflated when seeing the rumours in Arildonardo's post.
Montolivo needs some creative engines around him. Leave the guy to win balls back and make quick short passes and he will do okay. In an ideal world, Montolivo and Bertolacci should be subs for each other, not playing together. We all know how badly we need creativity in the midfield. And I am not talking Boateng or Bonaventura, as good as the latter has been.

We need a guy to make those defense-splitting passes and IMO we don't have any one in our team capable of that. At the same time we need a guy who can take on defenders and dribble past them. Badly !
For what it's worth, after a being in a slump of sorts Pelle scored two nice goals today
And lukaku banged two today. Praet had a decent Europa league performance, but it has been left winger frank acheampong who has been impressing more and more at anderlecht. I do not wish to board the hype train as he has little going for him but speed. Praet really needs to go to a more competitive league or he'll drown in mediocrity