Summer Mercato 2016
EDIT: WCMilan, I posted a response in regards to Seedorf, but have since deleted it from here and reposted it in the management thread. I didn't want to drag the whole thing out in the transfers thread so I thought Dev had the right idea in separating the discussions.

About Kovacic, I hope that we can get him too, but competition will probably be very high.

In other news, more news are coming out that Matic will be leaving Chelsea. What a signing that would be.....although I'm sure teams will be lined up for that one and wouldn't mind paying 25-30 mil. 

I think as things are, the most important part is to get rid of the players that have no business being here (and some that have to be sacrificed for cash in order for us to get upgrades) and getting some good cash for them.

If we can somehow sell: Menez (10), Poli (5), Honda (10), Niang (15), De Sciglio (10), Bacca (30), Lopez (2), Suso (8), Ely (3), Mauri (5) = 98.

And if we can somehow buy: Mammana (10), Matic (30), Oliver (25), Zaza (25), Ben Arfa (0), Zivkovic (0), Vangioni (0), VD Wiel (0) = 90.

Mammana -------> Alex (end of contract)
Vangioni ---------> De Sciglio (sell)
Van Der Wiel ----> Calabria (loan out)
Matic -------------> Kucka (bench)
Oliver ------------> Niang (sell)
Ben Arfa ---------> Honda (sell)
Zivkovic ----------> Suso (sell) 
Zaza --------------> Bacca (sell, to raise money)

My numbers may not be 100% accurate although I think they are pretty realistic for the most part and with all those sales and us buying the players I mentioned (or some of similar quality), we would even be in the green. 

4-2-1-3/4-2-3-1

Donnarumma, Abate (VDW), Mammana (Zapata), Romagnoli (Paletta), Antonelli (Vangioni), Matic (Kucka), Montolivo (Locatelli), Oliver (Bertolacci), Ben Arfa (Zivkovic), Bonaventura, Zaza (L.Adriano)

Btw, in fully aware this isn't football manager and that it's highly unlikely to carry out that many operations in one summer. Having to sell before you buy makes things even more difficult. So the likely mood of something like this happening is very low.....
I wouldn't sell Niang, De Sciglio, Ely, Mauri or Suso.
(04-07-2016, 04:22 AM)somedevil Wrote: I wouldn't sell Niang, De Sciglio, Ely, Mauri or Suso.

I agree. Especially Suso as he is apparently doing well in Genoa.
De Sciglio has been terrible for ages now. We can't have double standards and look through certain things for certain players just because they came from our academy. His value keeps dropping as we speak. If we can get Van Der Wiel for free to give Abate competition (plus remember we still have Calabria), and we get Vangioni for free to give Antonelli competition...we might as well cash in on MDS. No point in keeping him here if he is going to perform the way he has been.

Ely...I just don't see anything in this player. I said it back in Jily and I keep saying it. He was a favor to Raiola and quickly proved his value to the squad....which isn't very big. He can stay as a 5th CB, but again, we are in need for money.

Niang, I know he has done good things...and it's not an easy decision....but if you see, I've replaced them with someone like Oliver T. , and if that's the case, I'd sell Niang in a heartbeat.

Mauri has been disappointing. He CAN go out on a loan and I can see why people wouldn't want him gone.

Suso is another one. Back in January I wanted him to stay and couldn't understand why we are not giving him more time on the field. He's done decent at Genoa, not great (apart from the hat trick...but that's one game so let's see if he builds on it). I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him. I really like the player. I just put him on there to, again, show that we CAN get money this summer in order to spend and upgrade the entire squad.
It pains me to see we could legit sell Menez SES Poli Adriano Lopez Honda and get hopefully around €45m Release Alex Zapata Mexes Boateng Balotelli end of loan.

Sign Mammana ,Tonelli ,Witsel Vasquez ,Ben Arfa free ,Van Der Wiel free ,Berardi , Vangioni free ,Kovacic loan with a buyout in installments.All that for around €85m ofcourse the Kovacic fee will not come into play until next year.

How would a team of 

--------------------------Donnarumma
Abate/VanDerWiel--Roma--Tonelli/Mammana--Anto/Vangioni
------Kovacic---------Kucka/Witsel-----Bonaventura
--Berardi----------Bacca----------Vasquez/Bonaventura

Ofcourse the formation I have up os 4-3-3 but whatever theyd fit.Im pretty sure that with a competent coach we'd do better.Its less than what we spent last summer and with the €40-€45m in salets it should be possible.But alas it will not hapen.
Btw, I just watched River in the Libertadores vs "the strongest" from Bolovia and both Mammana and Vangioni played. The Bolivian team was terrible, I don't know how they were leading the group with 7 points out of 3 games ahead of both São Paolo and River. Either way, Mammana barely had to do any defending for the majority of the game but he he still showed that he is a great player whenever called upon. He was so calm and plays like a veteran (reminds me of Romagnoli in this aspect). He was absolutely great on the ball, better than some of our midfielders Big Grin. Scored a goal also with a header.

Vangioni was good going forward. He's got a good left foot. Didn't have to do a lot of defending obviously.
Rumours on Paulinho:

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/pau...ies-226904
I've heard that Vangioni is a more attacking player anyhow. Was it Galliani that said he's very good going forward but we need to work on his defending?
(04-08-2016, 01:14 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Rumours on Paulinho:

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/pau...ies-226904

Another dud.Perfect for Milan , is he free ? Or Will he be cheap ?
Juve take up their option on Berardi and will buy him from Sassuolo for €25million - GDS