Summer Mercato 2016
I think a lot depends on how ownership issue resolves. But yes, I also agree that keeping Zapata as our 3rd choice CB is a sensible idea. We just need to look for a star CB to partner Romagnoli.

Laporte? Grinundwech
Do you guys think Berlusconi will even spend this summer? I hope he does, but without a takeover, Berlu can't spend even if he wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the takeover happens, they'll spend....big! If not, it'll be free players that probably won't fit together.

The good thing is, we don't necessarily need impossible sums. The rumored 100mil from the Chinese should do the trick.

1) spend 30-ish from that on Romagnoli's partner
2) spend the other 70mil or so on 2 good midfielders (rumors were that Boufal will go for 20...that's a start)
3) sign Ben Arfa for free
4) if there really is a possibility and reports are true, sign Kovacic on a loan + option AND/OR get Paredes as part of the El Shaarawy deal
5) get rid of all the trash we have around
6) if there is some cash left over, invest in a couple of future moves...for example, we were linked with Ante Coric - buy him and leave him in Dinamo for another year or loan him out to a smaller club
All our hope is now on the takeover. Apparently Berlusconi won't spend his own money again, definitely not after this past summer when 90m investment led to nothing on pitch. Sad

The two turning points (turning for the worse of course) of this past season IMO were:
1. the injury of Niang (CL);
2. the sacking of Mihajlovic (EL).

If a takeover occurs, we can dream for some established players. If not, I don't really want free players. There is a reason why their contracts aren't renewed, and most of them aren't positive and will come back to bite us on our ass. Also, we all know that there is no such thing as a free player, and Italian tax law makes the so-called "free players" even more expensive (e.g. Jorginho vs. Essien). IF A TAKEOVER DOESN'T TAKE OVER, WE HAVE TO RELY ON OUR OWN YOUNGSTERS AND TAKE THE CALCULATED RISK AND EYE ON THE FUTURE. That would be the only sustainable and healthy solution.
(05-28-2016, 04:23 AM)xudong Wrote: All our hope is now on the takeover. Apparently Berlusconi won't spend his own money again, definitely not after this past summer when 90m investment led to nothing on pitch. Sad

The two turning points (turning for the worse of course) of this past season IMO were:
1. the injury of Niang (CL);
2. the sacking of Mihajlovic (EL).

If a takeover occurs, we can dream for some established players. If not, I don't really want free players. There is a reason why their contracts aren't renewed, and most of them aren't positive and will come back to bite us on our ass. Also, we all know that there is no such thing as a free player, and Italian tax law makes the so-called "free players" even more expensive (e.g. Jorginho vs. Essien). IF A TAKEOVER DOESN'T TAKE OVER, WE HAVE TO RELY ON OUR OWN YOUNGSTERS AND TAKE THE CALCULATED RISK AND EYE ON THE FUTURE. That would be the only sustainable and healthy solution.

If there is no takeover we are doomed... Galliani will run the club into the ground.
http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/bar...os-5164442

This is a transfer we should be jumping upon. It would be amazing if Galliani can make it happen.
If the sale goes through, I think and hope we would be signing 2-3 wc players (each position exc GK).
(05-28-2016, 06:11 PM)edysim Wrote: If the sale goes through, I think and hope we would be signing 2-3 wc players (each position exc GK).

If the sale doesn't go through we will sign 2-3 champions Big Grin
We can discuss until we're blue in the face.But if we havent made a big signing a statement signing by the fist week of July , Id think its fair to assume the sale wont be happening.If guys like Zapata Monty are extended and there is no new coach by then, again its probably an indication this wont be a good summer.
http://www.football-italia.net/85099/milan-go-agger

Galliani needs to update his "scouting" list! Big Grin He is still going off of the 2010 list. I wonder if we've done any scouting since than?! It certainly looks like we haven't, since we always go for players that we were interested in years ago......never mind what they've done since than...

I know that countless rumors will come out this summer and a lot of them won't be true, but this is just hilarious.