Summer Mercato 2016
Saponara is a NO NO for me. Even at Empoli this year, he was hot and cold during games and the season as a whole. He is one of those players that does great at a mid-table club........The point is that he really doesn't great, but that's the perception by fans like us that don't watch Empoli's every game and for some reason our expectations are lower for those type of clubs and the players that play for them. What do I mean? Saponara will lose possession multiple times for example, but he'll score a goal against Juventus let's say....and all of a sudden he is doing great. Never mind the fact that he really didn't have a good game, walks around the field for the bigger part of the game (because he is the star over there), etc, etc. This was a very silly example, but I saw things like these from him this season a lot. For some reason, people's expectations for players that play for teams like Empoli seems to be ONE play, and not the consistency of the play throughout the match. Than this same player comes to Milan where the expectations are different and the scrutiny is so much larger, and people are disappointed by the player. If we are going to look at Empoli players, Paredes and Zielinski are definitely far far better pickups than Saponara. They were more consistent and showed far better quality in their play than Saponara. They also haven't failed at a big club before like Saponara. If we are going to use a trequartista than we need to go for someone a lot better than Saponara.
I don't want pavoletti. I don't want paredes (sorry). These are not players we should chase unless we want to settle for being Fiorentina. I also agree with Saponara just being hot and cold, and not being good enough!

On the Belgian front, I'd look to buy Michy Batshuayi as a striker. Promising and not as expensive as lukaku, who by far is the most promising attacker of the moment.
Furthermore, I'd buy Thomas Vermaelen and take him off barcelona's books. They are looking to offload him and he's playing a very good European Championship. Granted he can stay fit, he would be a partner for romagnoli for at least another 4 years.

Leander Dendoncker and youri tielemans are two names I would add to the young hot prospect list, but I would loan them back to Anderlecht or even Genk for another year before letting them go to Genoa.

Lastly, looking at Adnan Januzaj might not be bad. He's suited to Italian Football, fast paced and has good vision. He had second season syndrome and will be massively underpriced.
Vermaelen would be a good signing and I like Batshuayi as well as Tielemans...

Depending on whether this sale goes through or not, determines whether I would loan off Tielemans though. I think He's ready to make a jump to say a Genoa, but throwing him in the deep end might work and it's the sort of risks we might have to take if we don't sell up. Look what happened with Pogba. I know it's a big call but the kid is extremely talented.

I also don't mind Embolo. He's another striker I think has some potential and wouldnt cost us loads of money.

I'll say it again though, Nkoulou is available for free and I definitely think he'd do nicely alongside Roma... that is if we don't sell, if we do sell up then I'd be looking for someone better.
Paredes from Empoli reminds me of Hernanes from old good times.
Batshuayi would cost a big enough fee didnt Marseille pay around €15m for him.
Tielemans also will prob go for €20m and if EPL teams get involved (which they will) he could go for €25m + , Embolo the same as Tielemans.I think we all need to be realistic.Prices this summer will sky rocket teams like West Ham & Stoke can pay €30m for players with ease.

We also have to take stock & be realistic.Milan is now just a name , Milan is not a big club its a horribly mis-managed debt ridden delusional midtable club.Wanting top players over the likes of Vasquez Paredes is a bit short sighted.Top players wouldnt think twice about turning Milan down.We'd have a hard time convincing 2nd & 3rd tier players without massively overpaying in fees and wages.

It was mentioned a few pages back , Milan have to forget this "WE ARE AC MILAN" crap ...because right now that means nothing.Getting 4th or 5th next season would be a big achievement and yes thats not what one would expect for AC Milan.But after literally years of finishing midtable , the club needs to face reality and do what it can to even attempt to fight for 3
It's unbelievable how dislocated English football is from the rest of Europe. I know they get much bigger TV contracts but it makes no sense that a bottom team can pay 30m for any player and still have room to spend. Something has to be done about this, i would definitely go as far as leaving them out of the Champion's League if they leave the EU tho.
Latest Gazzetta rumours are DES for Paredes. SES for Paredes I'm all for, DES much less so.

Also, apparently Silvio's given the go ahead for Vazquez, so it looks like Galliani's got acceptance from all (Silvio, Chinese and both potential coaches) to go for him.

I'm in agreement with Jay, I think we need to have ambition, but we need to be realistic. Someone mentioned names like Paredes are ok if we're Fiorentina. Funny thing is, we're not even at Fiorentina's level right now, we're a midtable side. Fiorentina have finished above us for three years straight. We're not rich either right now given we lose 100m every year, nor do I suddenly think we will be in a position to overlook names like Paredes even if the Chinese come in, because even if we suddenly have 100m for this summer, it's still not enough and a guy like Paredes at the very least gives strength in depth (something we still seriously lacked last season) and long term potential. So regardless of Silvio or Chinese, I'd take names like Paredes and Vazquez while the opportunity is there, because if we don't I'm confident in saying I don't think we're getting players of a much higher level or players who are better. If we remain under Silvio, I expect players of lesser quality.

(06-20-2016, 07:46 PM)slifersd Wrote: Oh man, how the mighty have fallen, lol. I can't believe Milan management has reduced us fans to this. I mean, actually finding silver lining in signing Pavoletti? That was unthinkable even a few years ago. jkjk

In all seriousness, I agree that Pavoletti, Paredes, Saponara and Vazquez would improve the team, but i don't think they will make significant impact for us. I think we always need to be careful with signing star players from smaller teams, because the role and system they will play here will be drastically different. Bertolacci was one of the finest midfielders in Serie A two years ago at Genoa. And he did absolutely nothing here last year. Part of the issue with Berto is that he was the focal point on Genoa. He was the guy that every offensive possession ran through and he had the freedom to do what he wanted, ran where he wanted to and had everyone around him working for him. At Milan, he was merely one of the guys in the midfield who had to different things and play in a different formation. Would Saponara and Vazquez be as disruptive on offense when they don't get the ball every possession? Can they still maintain their effectiveness when they need to also track back and help out on defense? Can they be effective when they do not have the entire field to make their runs? To me, those are difficult questions to answer, and that gives me pause on spending money and signing those guys. 

The only players I want from smaller teams are young players who has upside. That is why I really want Paredes. I think he wouldn't cost an arm and a leg, and has proven to be able to adapt his game to different roles and surroundings. And, most importantly, at such a young age, he has room to grow and get even better. Guys like Pavoletti and Vazquez have peaked, and if they can't help you right now, then they never will. 

On the selling front, I don't mind selling Bacca, but if we are looking at Immobile and Pavoletti to replace him, we're just going to start regretting it in a few games. Yes, Bacca has his limitations, and Pavoletti can help out more on offensive build up. But the finishing ability isn't even close. Players like Bacca needs to be built around, not ditched at first chance because he doesn't dribble as well as some others. Robinho was a great dribbler, and I don't think any of us is itching to get him back.

I agree that we have to be careful on choosing star players of small teams, though I don't think Bertolacci's failures in the past year are just down to changes in the team he's playing in. Actually, I think there are probably a number of other factors that have caused the problems on field. The environment at Milan is very toxic, this needs to change immediately.

(06-21-2016, 07:57 AM)Mathias Wrote: It's unbelievable how dislocated English football is from the rest of Europe. I know they get much bigger TV contracts but it makes no sense that a bottom team can pay 30m for any player and still have room to spend. Something has to be done about this, i would definitely go as far as leaving them out of the Champion's League if they leave the EU tho.

lol, you can't punish the English for being rich, they've made good business decisions which is why they have financial advantages over other nations, there's nothing wrong with doing that. It's not like they've utilised that advantage in sporting success anyway, in fact there's regular debates in England about how clubs have money yet have invested poorly.

Nor can you restrict English clubs from European Football just like that, other nations not in the EU are allowed, so England should be allowed if it leaves.
I came across a pretty good article about what the possible introduction of individuals from Empoli could mean for Milan:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/26475...r-ac-milan?

Thought it was worth a read.
Menez's agent said he is leaving this summer. So good news there.
This from May is still true, with or without Chinese:

Lopez, Alex, Mexes, Boateng are sure to leave.... Balotelli, Menez very likely... Honda, Adriano likely