Summer Mercato 2016
I don't know much about Lapadula the player, so it's hard to judge how good or bad this signing is. There are a few positives about the player that I see though. The guy is a career journeyman and a classic late bloomer. He was never very highly touted and was a total unknown a couple of years ago and worked his way to where he is at today. That kind of drive and attitude is exactly what this team needs right now. Lapadula might not be a star, but he is not someone who will loath around the field, walking around the pitch when he doesn't have the ball or shoot the ball carelessly to miss easy targets like Balotelli does. We as a team need to reshape our mental make up big time, and having someone like Lapadula would help with that. In a way, he kind of reminds me of Bacca, in terms of being a late bloomer who thrives with his effort and professionalism instead of his natural given abilities.

There are, of course, also negatives about this signing. First and foremost, I think this deal will probably lead to Bacca leaving. Those two guys will have a hard time playing together given their style and position, and Bacca is in a win now mode before his career starts declining. Secondly, this kind of signals that we are not ready to go into market big time and get big name stars this year. It is probably the right move to make, building the team from ground level again, but it still sucks to know your team isn't going anywhere next season in June.

I hesitate to read too much into this signing as it relates to the take over. While it looks like a classic ItaMilan signing, I get the feeling that we are going to a more or less ItaMilan strategy even if the takeover is completed. If we sell the team, Berlu and Galli will still run things for a couple of years. And I don't think there is any way they can attract big name talent to this team right now. Look at how much difficulties Man Utd is having getting top level talent, and they have Mourinho and more money than even the Chinese. We simply have too little to offer to high level players at this point to really go on a spending spree and rebuild quickly. And since Chinese are guaranteeing investment, I also have a hard time seeing Berlu really turning a proposal that good down.
(06-24-2016, 06:07 PM)nefremo Wrote: Anyone knows what happened to the Rodrigo Caio links? Was that legit?

Not seen huge amounts from the link the other day, so at this point I'm hesitant in thinking there's much to it. That said, Brocchi apparently had a list of young players he'd like to build around that were Italian, French and Brazilian, so maybe Caio was one of those names. On Caio himself, he reminds me quite a bit of Mammana in his defending, good ball player, not particularly physical and more technical with a good reading of  the game. 

Just in general, with the rumours flying about, a hypothetical lineup for next season could be:

-----------------------Donnarumma----------------------------
Abate-----------Caio--------------Romagnoli-------Antonelli
------------------Montolivo----Paredes------------------------
---Pjaca-----------------Vazquez------------Bonaventura---
---------------------------Lapadula------------------------------

Just out of interest what do people make of that side? Honestly, I think it's a really decent looking side that looks quite balanced. Not sure if I'd have Caio to partner Romagnoli personally (though he's a good defender) and DES would be an alternative/starter at either RB/LB. Meanwhile both Pjaca and Bonaventura have a preference for the left side, but both can play right, so you could switch them. I also think the introduction of Paredes would reduce the regista duties from Montolivo, who would be used more for his defensive abilities, which is pretty much his biggest strength now.

As I said, it's completely hypothetical though, nor would it be cheap, but it's not unrealistic. Many of the players could come in for the cost of others being sold. For example:

Sold: 
SES - 13m
Bacca - 25m (rumoured minimum amount Milan want)
Menez - 5m?
Niang - 15 to 20m (rumoured value on various news sources)

Bought:
Lapadula - 9m
Vazquez - 25m (as valued by Palermo)
Paredes - 10 to 15m (suggested value on various news sources)
Caio - Unknown, but at the very most I wouldn't expect more than 10 to 15m.
Pjaca - Unknown and his price could skyrocket after the euros, potentially also due to interest from many big clubs

That's just a rough outlay of possible ideas, but you can see how most of the players coming in could realistically fund a big chunk of our market and I think the side would be an improvement to what we've had this season.

Edit: Totally forgot to mention, but I think Silvio would also feel satisfied with that side as there are 8 Italians in the starting lineup.
Vazquez despite all the years and talk I still don't have an opinion of him, if that's possible. Montolivo I am not a fan of otherwise that lineup looks good for how the summer seems to be proceeding. I don't expect all the newcomers to be freebies, too many are leaving, so at least some of the money (El Shaarawy for example) will be spent on players. if we believe Donna is really real then the 5 million or so from Lopez sale can be diverted to other areas.
Dev, I think that side is fine, but there are too many unknowns there. Caio is one, Pjaca is another, Lapadula is another....and it's not like Montolivo's performances fill us with confidence as well. Not saying those players are not good and I know that no transfer is a "guarantee" to succeed, but 1 is a young Brazilian defender, one is coming from Croatia and 1 from Serie B.

In theory, like you said, it should work fine. If those players perform to their full potential than maybe it can work. I think they are all talented, but just have reservations about how well they adapt and settle in to the level, style, demand and pressure of Serie A and Milan.

I'm a big fan of Paredes however and I also wouldn't mind Vazquez.
I know that you only put that out based on recent links. I personally am hoping for a few different moves. For example, if we are going to sign someone from Croatia, I really think that player should be Coric. New reports are actually saying that City wants to get him for about 10mil. That's peanuts for a young player of his potential and quality. Also, I hope we look at someone like Lucas Lima who I know you are a big fan of. Than there is the obvious possibility of Kovacic and even Badelj.
With Inter clearly going to spend and Juve Napoli Roma.I think that team in theory could get 6th or 5th depending on how the gel.
To even think of getting back to the Champions League we really need a Benatia type next to Romagnoli a very good LB a top CM a few very very good CM's actually and if Lapadula isnt an instant success we need a CF that can and will guarantee 20 goals or above , we already have one of those but he'll be sold.

I dont think Pjaca will happen I see him going for €20m at least after the euros.Caio I dont see either.Im emotionless to this coming season whatever happens will happen.
Dont know how Benatia performed last year, with Benatia, Paredes, another better CM , assuming Bacca + Lapadula upfront, we can def figh for 3rd place.
Am I the only one thinking that Bertolacci could still end up doing well at Milan? Big Grin
He had a bad season, but it wouldn't be the first time that's happened to a talented player, and it was a difficult year for the club in general. I still believe!
According to Milannews Pjaca would prefer Milan to other destinations due to his agent's excellent relationship with Galliani.
(06-25-2016, 10:06 AM)devoted_dm Wrote: Am I the only one thinking that Bertolacci could still end up doing well at Milan? Big Grin
He had a bad season, but it wouldn't be the first time that's happened to a talented player, and it was a difficult year for the club in general. I still believe!

He's an average player with limited abilities that had a poor season.I dont think he'll ever be more than okay to decent.
Report says Lyon made offer for Mamana, Southampton for Bouffal