Summer Mercato 2016
-------------------Donnamarunna--------------
Abate - Vermaelen - Romagnoli - De Sciglio
-------------Kucka----------Witsel-------------
Vazquez------------Niang---------------Bonaventura
---------------------Lukaku----------------------------

With Niang NOT working as a treq, but a free running CA behind lukaku

This entire team would cost us about 130 million though :p We can recoup a little bit though selling bacca and Bertolacci. But Lukaku, while being top class, i think is just not worth more than 50 million.
Bertolacci atm I think other clubs will pay 8-12M the most. Better keep and try another season. We cant afford to reshuffle everyone in every position.
No lukaku please, he is way too one dimensional. He's only good in an counter attacking team. Better go for Batshuayi then.
And also no Vermaelen. I agree he's top class, and probably the best defender on euro 2016 so far, but he is almost always injured. He can never play more than 10 games in a row. Benatia would be my pick!
I think Lukaku's excellent, but he needs to develop his game. I think under the right coach, he could be outstanding.

On Vermaelen, I'm not a particularly big fan personally. Not to say I think he's a bad player, but I don't rate him as highly as others personally. I wouldn't say he's been the top defender at Euro 2016 by a long shot, it's a close call between Bonucci and Chiellini for me.
I´d prefer Batsuayi over Lukaku too, Batsuayi is faster can dribble and provide chances for himself, Lukaku is stronger and scores more headers but it´s not like Batsuayi is weak or can´t score headers. I don´t really think Lukaku would fit our (future) play either he is to static in my opinion and I don´t think Milan has ever played with a player like him up front. Another advantage Batsuayi has is that he´s a lot cheaper than Lukaku, Lukaku would cost us 50-60 million euros while an offer of 31 million pounds 37.5 million euros (38 million euros when the offer was made before brexit) From Crystal Palace was excepted by Marseille. So we have to be quick and just offer Marseille the same amount of money (now we have it) because I rate Milan above Crystal Palace and so I think he will then sign for us.
So you would spend 40 mil Euro on a striker at the moment? Before we do anything for the midfield?

Imo it's the wrong strategy. Lukaku, Batshuayi, whoever... Doesn't matter. The point is we need to do something about our midfield before even spending a dime on another striker!
(06-28-2016, 12:16 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: I think Lukaku's excellent, but he needs to develop his game. I think under the right coach, he could be outstanding.

On Vermaelen, I'm not a particularly big fan personally. Not to say I think he's a bad player, but I don't rate him as highly as others personally. I wouldn't say he's been the top defender at Euro 2016 by a long shot, it's a close call between Bonucci and Chiellini for me.

Well it probably depends on wich team you support. Here in Belgium everyone says Vermaelen is the best defender in the tournament so far. He has been absolutely fantastic. While Italy defenders are offcourse great, but it has more to do with their organisation as a team and as a unit.

And Lukaku wouldnt make it in Italy, Serie A is way too defensive and we will always play against a team who plays with all players in front of their 16m box.
You can also see that in the belgian national team, if they play against a very defensive team with very little space for the striker, Lukaku plays a bad game.
(06-28-2016, 02:52 PM)Beppe Wrote: And Lukaku wouldnt make it in Italy, Serie A is way too defensive and we will always play against a team who plays with all players in front of their 16m box.
You can also see that in the belgian national team, if they play against a very defensive team with very little space for the striker, Lukaku plays a bad game.

exactly my point, he wont survive in serie a. even on england he can only scores 15 10 18, quite good, but not good enough to warrant a starting spot on this milan, we dont need a player at the same or lower quality than bacca, we need more.
(06-28-2016, 02:50 PM)nefremo Wrote: So you would spend 40 mil Euro on a striker at the moment? Before we do anything for the midfield?

Imo it's the wrong strategy. Lukaku, Batshuayi, whoever... Doesn't matter. The point is we need to do something about our midfield before even spending a dime on another striker!

I understand the midfield is priority at the moment but we can and have to be talking to/buying at the same time (because we don´t have the entire mercato anymore). As for the 40 million if the Chinese do come I don´t think money is a big deal anymore, at least it isn´t at their first mercato i can imagine.
(06-28-2016, 02:50 PM)nefremo Wrote: So you would spend 40 mil Euro on a striker at the moment? Before we do anything for the midfield?

I agree, the forward situation shouldn't be the priority.

(06-28-2016, 02:52 PM)Beppe Wrote: Well it probably depends on wich team you support. Here in Belgium everyone says Vermaelen is the best defender in the tournament so far. He has been absolutely fantastic. While Italy defenders are offcourse great, but it has more to do with their organisation as a team and as a unit.

And Lukaku wouldnt make it in Italy, Serie A is way too defensive and we will always play against a team who plays with all players in front of their 16m box.

I don't support anyone in the Euros, so honestly my opinion is solely based on what I've watched. I've never really supported any national team.

On Lukaku, I kind of agree, but that's my point, he's got the attributes to be a massive success, but he needs a coach that can get more out of him. Until now, his coaches haven't done that. That said, I wouldn't say Serie A is too defensive, these days it is quite an attacking league. The cynicism and marking would be a problem for him.