Summer Mercato 2016
Love MAti Fernandez. Was shattered when he left Sporting CP for Fiorentina (i'm portuguese and Sporting is my club- but I live in Melbourne, Australia)
Batshuayi sold for 40 MILLION. The guy has not proved anything, has had 1 good and 1 average season.

A striker who's weakest point is his mental state shouldn't be going for this amount of money.

What is wrong with the footballing world???
But batshuayi is way more talented than Lukaku for example. His potential is sky high. Sometimes players get sold for their potential and not for what they have already achieved.
And to say he hasnt done anything is also wrong, at 22 he is scoring almost 1 goal over 2 games. He did this with Standard Liege and with a struggling Marseille side, wich is a very hard team to play for. He also done this for the Belgian youth teams and now with the Belgian national team (scoring 1 goal/56mins - 3goals in 6 caps).
I think it's fair to say that silly season is pretty much in full swing:

http://www.football-italia.net/86579/mil...i-fernando
http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2016/06/30/...-fernando/?

Today's Tuttosport also says the club will continue to go after Paredes.

I'm not going to discuss too much about each player, but what I will say is if there's any truth to the rumours we finally, FINALLY might be reinforcing the midfield as we should have done years ago. No doubt this will be music to nefremo's ears, while if it finally happens and we reinforce adequately, I think I will just breath a sigh of relief.

Paredes, Fernando and Zielinski are probably the names that interest me the most along with obviously Pjaca.
(06-30-2016, 08:32 AM)Beppe Wrote: But batshuayi is way more talented than Lukaku for example. His potential is sky high. Sometimes players get sold for their potential and not for what they have already achieved.
And to say he hasnt done anything is also wrong, at 22 he is scoring almost 1 goal over 2 games. He did this with Standard Liege and with a struggling Marseille side, wich is a very hard team to play for. He also done this for the Belgian youth teams and now with the Belgian national team (scoring 1 goal/56mins - 3goals in 6 caps).

I disagree. I think Lukaku and Batshuayi, while being different strikers, can achieve the same heights. Lukaku can score from any angle, and that is his absolute strength. Lukaku is ahead of Batman for now too. Especially mentally, and his finishing.

His good seasons with standard liege were not that great. He had one really good season, the rest was average. At Marseille he was disliked by his team mates for not playing the ball and trying to hard when he doesn't score (ironically). His scoring tally seems to be 1/3 more than 1/2 if you compare games per goal. Notwithstanding: He has a lot of potential. But he's nowhere near what Lukaku can do now. His movement off the ball is also not good enough for other players to cut in. This is where Lukaku has to work on too now. Lukaku finally did this in his good game vs Hungary, but I think that is going to be a one off this european championship. I expect him to score against Wales, where Belgium will need to attack with speed.

Lukaku has now scored 6 times in 8 games. And he has proven himself in a very tough league. He does need to change the way he plays when moving to a bigger team. If I were him I'd stay at everton another year and really work on his touches and work off the ball. If he works on these two things, he will become less of a counter attacking striker and move towards being the new Drogba. A potential he can fulfil if he keeps working at the age of 23.

Both players can achieve great heigths but both are completely out of reach for Meelan. I don't think Lukaku would be good for us anyway without a mobile striker around him. And I don't feel spending 120m on two strikers is good policy.
So we're keeping De Sciglio. Happy to about that! Galliani called him yesterday and said he is indispensable.

Sent fra min E5823 via Tapatalk
I'm thinking that us fans really have to be strong in our support of the club, Montella and the players this year, even if we don't buy world class players for every department. We're rebuilding with new leadership, so it's not going to be an immediate return to the highest level. But we can help create the conditions for future success by accepting this and still supporting what the club is doing.

Of course it can't be immediate return to the highest level. But first steps into that direction can be made even in the first year of new ownerwhip. Montela ,Lapadula and players to which we're linked are not steps in that direction. I agree to give them time untill september 1st to show their true ambitions ,but hey ,if after that date things will be like they're now(if Montela ,Lapadula and Paredes are "Top" of their choices) - why should they have any kind of support?
Avaiting forĀ arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Ive said it before, even 2-3 years without trophies/CL football is fine, provided we have clear plan on future/rebuilding.. But thats not the case with 2 baldies running the show.
(06-30-2016, 10:53 AM)devoted_dm Wrote: So we're keeping De Sciglio. Happy to about that! Galliani called him yesterday and said he is indispensable.

So let's prepare to see De Sciglio with another shirt on his shoulders ... Undecided
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !