Week 30: Milan - Lazio (Sunday, March 20 - 20:45 CET)
There are 9 games left to go, including this one. We are currently in 6th place, four points ahead of Sassuolo and seven points ahead of Lazio. We were (IMO) never in the race for the CL but we should really consolidate our place in 6th and get into the EL for next season. I don't care how we do it but we certainly can't afford to lose all three points here against Lazio. I missed the Chievo game but I heard that it was quite a forgettable one. Hopefully we can turn it around and get a positive result here!
Siamo a posto cosi.
I hope so ! The problem is in the quality of players we have sinisa did all he can do for us !

Sent from my K012 using Tapatalk
We just need the 3 points from this game and need to move onto the next, these last 8-9 games are vital.

At the moment I have lost full hope of CL Football unfortunately but if we don't end up with EL then Mihajlovic has been a big failure and this season has been another waste.

EL Football and the Coppa Italia trophy would be beautiful.

Btw if you end up in the 4th or 5th position do you get automatic qualification to EL ? What if you win the Coppa Italia is that direct or do you still have to play the qualifier ?
(03-16-2016, 12:09 AM)Suhail Wrote: Btw if you end up in the 4th or 5th position do you get automatic qualification to EL ? What if you win the Coppa Italia is that direct or do you still have to play the qualifier ?

According to Wikipedia, the situation is this:

Since both Juventus and Milan have reached the final of the 2015–16 Coppa Italia, Milan currently qualify for at least Europa League third qualifying round as sixth-placed team in the league. This is because if the winner (in this case Juventus) already qualified for European competition based on their league position the spot awarded to the Coppa Italia winner would be passed to the fifth-placed team and the spot for the fifth-placed team (Europa League third qualifying round) would be passed to the sixth-placed team.

I guess that means that we will qualify for the EL as long as we hold on to 6th place. I honestly don't see Sassuolo getting past us, but I'd keep an eye on Lazio. It's vital that we get a result this weekend, and I think we will.
So, assume that Inter and we are 5th and 6th when Serie A ends, both team will be in EL next season.

If we beat Juventus in the Coppa final, Milan will be in group stage and Inter will start from the qualifying round;
if we lose, we would basically promote Inter from third qualifying round to the group stage, while dropping ourselves to the qualifying round (and ruin our summer).

Is that correct?
Wasn't sure where else to post this, so thought I'd try and bring a little optimism ahead of this match:

http://www.football-italia.net/81379/mil...tive-slump
Alex is out for this game. Back pain.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Let's hope Zapata has one of his good days.
Monto available?
Quote:Milan squad for Lazio: Abbiati, Donnarumma, Diego Lopez; Abate, Alex, Antonelli, Calabria, De Sciglio, Ely, Mexes, Romagnoli, Zapata; Bertolacci, Bonaventura, Honda, J.Mauri, Locatelli, Montolivo, Poli; Bacca, Balotelli, Boateng, Luiz Adriano, Menez
Siamo a posto cosi.