0%
0 0%
Peru
0%
0 0%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Copa America 2011
(07-18-2011, 06:12 PM)mzk57 Wrote: I can't pretend to be an Iron man. My heart is crying badly ... This is just unfair, damn this is unfair ...

I'm sorry. I thought your post was shorter Big Grin

We are alike, yet different, mate. The love for Maradona makes you love Argentina like crazy, while it makes me hate the Argentina without him badly, even Messi can't change that.

Quote:[font=Trebuchet MS][color=#9400D3]
I don't think Brazil is among the very best at this moment of time. Frankly speaking, they are not even better than Argentina. Spain, Germany & Holland are very strong and balanced teams rite now, simply because they all have at least one world class gk, fullback, cb, cdm, playmaker, forward & striker. Argentina lack quality gk, play-maker & center-backs, where as Brazil lack genuine playmaker & a super clinical #9. This fuss & hype about these average players like Neymer, Ganso & Hernans is just rubbish.

IMO, Brazil have all the pieces as there are many young talents for every position. However, maybe they are being spoiled in stead of being nurtured.

Quote:Results aside, Argentina have played some of the best football in the world cups since 1990. Its just that some times they have gone down unexpectedly against Bulgaria, Sweden etc & some times pathetic decision making by the coach have sunk them like subbing most influential players in a quarter final winning position against Germany, or not taking Zanetti, Cambiasso, Riqualme etc to the WC. So over all Argentina has been a better team. Just as a consolation, Argentina have won back to back Olympic gold medals & back to back runner up positions in Coppa America.

I think the Argentina should blame their lacking in tactical discipline. At young age, geniuses often dominate the diligent ones, but when they become adult, only the ones with strong determination and professionalism can win.

Winning a youth competition like Olympic can be done with the exceptional attacking talents like Messi, Aguero and Di Maria, because other teams can not form a strong enough defense, as defenders mature slower than attackers (normally), and tactics need time.

Recently Argentina has exported more players than Brazil. However, many of them are attackers (as I see in some leagues). I think there could be something unbalanced in the plan. Whereas Brazil players are distributed quite evenly.
This final will be the most boring final ever.
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
Yeah, two defensive teams.

Off topic: Larissa Riquelme is not as hot as last year Big Grin
(07-22-2011, 12:45 PM)Aficio Wrote: Yeah, two defensive teams.

Off topic: Larissa Riquelme is not as hot as last year Big Grin

Still she's..... well.... enough hot.... Big Grin

(I know it's off topic, but there isn't much to talk about the Copa America itself, so.... Big Grin )
"We are a team of devils. Our colours are red as fire, and black, to invoke fear in our opponents!"
Herbert Kilpin

Nella gioia e nell' dolore, per il Milan eterno amore!
Congrats Urugauy, totally dominated the final, I think lots of credit should go to our old friend ( Big Grin ) Tabarez. Besides all the good work got to love seeing a coach bring in someone like Cavani when leading 2-0
My conclusion of this tournament is that, the only team that had a real coach won the tournament, Uruguay had a purpose and a game plan from the start and won the tournament.

Brazil and Argentina need to change their coaches with European (based) ones ASAP. I think I am not the only one that thinks that if Mourinho,Lippi or Guradiola were in charge of Brazil or Argentina we would witness a totally different COPA.

I am saying this because in WC 2014 the SA teams will have to face teams with Prandelli,Del Bosque,Capello,Low,Blanc tc who are superior to the SA based coaches bar Tabarez who I rate highly. In this regard Bielsa,Pellegrini,Luxemburgo I think will do.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
Batista is no longer the head coach of Argentina NT.

IMO, Menenes was even worse. Let's see.