Alessio Romagnoli
I wouldn't read too deep into the stats, bear in mind that Romagnoli's often kept much more busy than the Juve trio, as Juve generally dominate matches much more than Milan.

Not to undervalue Romagnoli's work though. I think he's been outstanding for us this year given his age and the situation he's come into. He's quite possibly my favourite player from this season, Donnarumma being the other possibility.
For me the stats are a demonstration of his leadership. The guy is not afraid to dive into tackles, rush out to block or win duels. Sure the Juve trio is not as busy, but I personally wouldn't dismiss these stats are being insignificant.

I went to the site after seeing this and compared them per match as well. Then I selected some of the other defenders that are called up to the NT and Romagnoli aces it all. I think he is doing far better than any of us could've predicted.
I don't disagree with that, which is why I rate him so high. As mentioned in the national team thread, I find it absurd that Rugani and Rano are ahead of him.
http://www.football-italia.net/91166/rom...mihajlovic

Nice Interview. Future captain material.
Just wanted to mention that one of the papers (I think CdS) mention Romagnoli has reached 50 appearances for Milan in the win against Pescara. That's extremely fast for a guy that's been here only a little over a year and I believe there's some statistic to say he's in the top 10 players to have achieved this since WW2 (I didn't read it fully so I might be wrong).

Congrats to Alessio and hopefully this is just the first of many milestones and successes for him in the Milan shirt.
These days there are more and more games every season. If we were in Europe, he could have achieved that even sooner.

I believe that Poli also recently completed his 100th game in a Milan jersey. How many did he start in those 100, though, is an interesting question. Big Grin
Yeah, that's true Xu, but at least with Romagnoli we know he's pretty much always a starter and I think it shows his quality that he's been an undisputed starter at CB since joining, despite being just 21.

Here's the translation of what I was referring to btw:

http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2016/11/02/...ince-1946/

It was Milan defenders.
that's really impressive. looking back, it is unbelievable that we could get him for just 25 million. we really got lucky there.
What's more interesting and exciting is that Donnarumma looks set to break the club's record at the start of next year, aged 1 month short of 18!