Team Lineup
Oh man, we should make something like this Big Grin

[Image: 56a83b779771b.jpg]

Juventus' case is easier, they just need to ask some prisoners Big Grin
After friendly games and two official Europa games, I have to admid that I am still not satisfied with our goal chances. I know that it is also due to our tactic which is compact and defensive enough but our attacks (wings especially) have been just OK, provide some chances but that is not enoguh. With this kind of play and squad, we need a clinical striker who can makes goal with few chances, or a striker who can provide chances for himself, player like Aubameyang. Other option is to get a winger who can threaten the opponents defence and make goals. Niang is not that type of player, still far from that description. Only Suso suits it. Hopefully we got both of the type of players, very good winger and striker.

Talking about backups, I am content with defence except GK. I am still not convinced with Storari as vice Gianglugi. We should not talk about Antonio since he should not be in our roster. CBs are covered well I think. We have 3 solid and reliable CBs (Bonucci, Romagnoli and Musacchio) and two OK subs (Zapata and Gomez). Fullbacks are OK. We have experienced Abate and there are also Antonelli. Both are useful now because we have good midfield. The fullbacks subs are poor if we got poor midfield. We have also Calabria and if we want to be defensive there is Gomez who already tested as fullback in a couple of friendly games this season.

We still need strong and creative/offensive midfielder. We have no sub for Kessie and Calhanoglu (I prefer him to play in midfield and let Bonaventura plays wing). Bona can be sub for Calhanoglu which leaves empty bench for Kessie. I do hope we get Sanchez who could play in all three positions in midfield. Montella can choose to play with Kessie-Biglia-Calhanoglu or change Calhanoglu with Sanchez.

Attacks are pretty poor with regard of starers and the subs. Our striker are both young, Silva and Cutrone. Our wings are bad, only Suso should be starter. We can accept Borini as sub ONLY IF we have strong quality wingers and striker BUT we don't. Niang is same quality with Borini. Bonaventura might add some quality but still we need clinical experienced centre forward.

To summarize: We have good defense and compact midfield but lack of goals.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Siregar I agree with most of what you said. I'm not so worried about the wings, I think we'll be seeing mostly 2 of Suso, Bonaventura and Calhanoglu. However, as mentioned in the mercato thread, we need depth there.

Same with midfield, Renato Sanches makes sense as you said, though we need him to deliver a certain level of performance if he joins. Not the same as what I've seen from his time in Bayern of late.

About the attack, I'm not too worried, I think the weaknesses right now are highlighted by the fact that this team needs time to learn movements and playing with each other. We do need a striker that gets goals, but I think once you see the team gel, we'll see quite a few goals from other players too.
(08-13-2017, 10:35 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: Siregar I agree with most of what you said. I'm not so worried about the wings, I think we'll be seeing mostly 2 of Suso, Bonaventura and Calhanoglu. However, as mentioned in the mercato thread, we need depth there.

Same with midfield, Renato Sanches makes sense as you said, though we need him to deliver a certain level of performance if he joins. Not the same as what I've seen from his time in Bayern of late.

About the attack, I'm not too worried, I think the weaknesses right now are highlighted by the fact that this team needs time to learn movements and playing with each other. We do need a striker that gets goals, but I think once you see the team gel, we'll see quite a few goals from other players too.

You do make sense saying that the team still need times. I agree with that since many of movements especially in opponent's defensive area failed due to misunderstanding of the players.

We need Calhanoglu in midfield IMO not Bonaventura. Bona is limited in midfield, he has been trying to be creative player there, he failed. I think, he suits much better in wing as he could utilize his movements and goal instinct. We only saw once that Calhanoglu played in midfield (vs Betis) and he did offer more compared to Bona.

So if Calhanoglu plays as CM, than we have Suso and Bona. It is not a superior wings but it could be enough since we have good midfield and strong offensive fullbacks. So it leaves only FC as problem since Silva is not yet ready to be striker we rely on RIGHT NOW. Kalinic is a fair option, he is experienced and Silva could compete with him to be the starter in FC position.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I don't see Mauri mentioned in your post. Is he not enough for a squad player?

I also think we need depth in the mid, but a squad player is more suited than a (have the right to demand) starter.
(08-14-2017, 12:33 AM)Aficio Wrote: I don't see Mauri mentioned in your post. Is he not enough for a squad player?

I also think we need depth in the mid, but a squad player is more suited than a (have the right to demand) starter.

I actually really like Mauri but feel like he would benefit from another season on loan... But one where he'll play regularly... Still quite raw
We definitely need more midfield for squad rotation/depth.
(08-14-2017, 12:33 AM)Aficio Wrote: I don't see Mauri mentioned in your post. Is he not enough for a squad player?

I don't think he is ready to play role as first backup for one of spot in 3-midfield positions. We better loan him out, that is why I did not mention him. As second option is OK but he is still young, he needs games to improve his game.

We have only Locatelli as first sub, Monto should be second sub (for regista). So there are still two spots left for first choice subs in midfield whether you count Calha as midfielder which means Bona as winger or vice versa (Bona as CM and Calha as winger).