Poll: Your favorite team to win Euro 2016?
Belgium
Croatia
England
France
Germany
Italy
Portugal
Spain
Sweden
Others
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Euro 2016
(07-11-2016, 02:05 PM)Stitch Wrote: well, after nigeria beat turkey in the semis, i only wanted wales to win it all, but since brazil kicked them out, i preferred them to win the championship.

It's really not funny.

Wether you are serious or not, which I don't really care, it's a real problem in France as some people try to highlight more and more the origins of each other just to tell "they're not real French people". Football, unfortunately only when the team is good and wins, is a good way to stop these kind of stupid comments.

Racism is a real problem in France nowadays, and in Europe too.

As a consequence, I can't stand your comment.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Stitch that's not cool, even though you are obviously joking. For the reasons Geo says, racism is a sensitive subject in France and shouldn't be treated lightly. Hell, who says it's a French problem? Since Britain voting to leave the EU I've had people shouting at me on the street to leave the country because of the colour of my skin, despite being born and raised in the UK and considering myself British, let alone Brexit having no bearing on people for South Asian origins.
my comment has nothing to do with racism, come on now. is there a single word of hate in it? did it discriminate anyone because of the skin colour? i've just pointed out that most of the players do not originate from the country they represent. I could say the same thing about Croatia. because most of their players are from Bosnia, Is that racism too?

you gotta learn what racism is. People are too sensitive.
(07-12-2016, 09:01 AM)Stitch Wrote: my comment has nothing to do with racism, come on now. is there a single word of hate in it? did it discriminate anyone because of the skin colour?  i've just pointed out that most of the players do not originate from the country they represent. I could say the same thing about Croatia. because most of their players are from Bosnia, Is that racism too?

you gotta learn what racism is. People are too sensitive.

In the French team, only 3 players were not born in France : Evra (Senegal), Umtiti (Cameroun) and Mandanda (Congo). They all grew up in France (Evra arrived at 1yo in France, Umtiti and Mandanda at 2yo).

All the other players from the NT were born in France.

So yes, as 20 out of 23 players were born in France, and as a consequence, they all represent their country, it's some kind of discrimination regarding the skin colour of the players from this team as your statement is wrong.

The simple fact to highlight the fact that the French team looks like Nigeria or any other African team because some of its players were black is typically the problem I previously pointed out. Like Dev said, it's a problem nowadays in France, but also in Europe more generally (I counted the UK among the European countries, EU or not).
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
My statement isnt meant to be true, it was obviously a joke. And I dont get whats wrong with it, did I say its bad to be black? Is it an insult to say that someone looks like he is from Africa? Did I use any derogative words? You didnt answer my question, would calling Croatian NT Bosnia be racism?

What has this world turned into...
Stitch it's not so much about racism or being offensive as much as it is an insensitive statement. I'm not looking to paint you in a light that I don't think you are, I get it was meant purely as a joke that shouldn't be aimed at hurting anyone.

However, this is a very real issue that many of these French players face, as do I personally, where there is a lack of acceptance on the part of idiots of our place in society.

I think it's the same as in your example about Bosnians and Croatia, the point is that you may mean no harm, but surely it's a sensitive subject for people and therefore wouldn't be taken well by many.
I guess its just different mentality. While racism isnt an issue in Bosnia, we do have our own sensitive topics, but that doesnt stop people from joking about it. Even when the jokes are insultive towards someone, most people understand that its only a joke and laugh it off.