Stephan El Shaarawy
If I'm correct he was due this operation before, but didn't go ahead to try and return sooner? Either way, I just want him back fully fit. At least it's not muscle problems and will heal fully (hopefully!)
Apparently the operation was on his foot, but I remember him also saying that he's had an annoyance in his knee for a while now. Is it just Milan, or what? All of our young talents seem to suffer from injury, we can almost never keep them fit. Even DS has been having a few injuries, Saponara,ELS..
(12-30-2013, 11:48 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: If I'm correct he was due this operation before, but didn't go ahead to try and return sooner? Either way, I just want him back fully fit. At least it's not muscle problems and will heal fully (hopefully!)

True. There is no need to rush him (or anyone else for that matter) back, as this season is already a lost cause. (Can't believe that I am saying this) There is always the next season. Inter5ow

aka xudong
With El Shaarawy hopefully returning in about a month, I wanted to ask what people thought about using him behind Balo/Pazzini instead of on the left?

Personally, looking at Seedorf's system in recent weeks, we're trying to use Kaka/Poli there in essentially a forward role. While Kaka holds an attacking threat, he's now able to press from the front and hasn't got the burst of pace he used to have. Poli on the other hand is tactically good and presses pretty well, but lacks the technical quality and attacking instinct to consistently be a threat.

The way I see it, El Shaarawy's really well suited for the role, as his workrate and defensive contribution has never been in question and he should be able to press from the front. On top of that, when he has played this season he's often looking to run in behind opposing defences and get in at goal. He's pretty good at this too, as his tactical understanding is pretty good, but he has that acceleration to get in behind defenders. Finally, I don't think he's a player who is best suited to dribbling past opponents which is what we're looking for out wide with Taarabt, but he's very good at making quick short passes and not spending long on the ball when in possession. Playing in the centre, he'll have less space to operate meaning this sort of game would be better suited than a dribbler imo.

Any thoughts?
I'm really pleased for El Shaarawy, as he's been called up by Prandelli for the physical tests for the national side, meaning he's still got a strong shout to make the world cup. Not only is this good for his confidence and motivation, but overall it shows that people in Italy still have faith in him.

Credit to Prandelli, he could have left him out without many questions asked and he'd be justified, but he obviously values him and has shown he's willing to give the guy a chance.
Has the Italy World Cup squad come out yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The final 23 hasn't been announced, but El Shaarawy was already cut from the final 30 anyway, meaning he has no chance of going.
This guy opens his mouth and always says the right things. Good interview: http://www.rossoneriblog.com/2014/09/06/...-and-more/?

He's a smart one for sure. There was a time when I worried about him, when he was hanging out a lot with Robinho, Boateng & co, but he seems focused and hungry to succeed right now. He certainly is a bit one-dimensional, but it's not a big deal given his age. At least he's got one strategy that works super well. Most young players his age don't even have that, and there's plenty of time for him to make his game more well-rounded. I was just always floored by how clinical he was 2 years ago, so I hope he gets that back.

I like what he said about his future in Milan actually, and I remember De Sciglio saying something similar a few years back. It's realistic and there's no bullsh*t. As I've gotten older, I've accepted that sometimes players can't stay at Milan forever. What I hate is them saying "oh, I want to be here forever. I'll never ever leave. I want to be the next Maldini", and then they're out of here as soon as a big offer comes.
I think that goes for any player outside of Messi or Ronaldo. Every team has it's price for any player.