Winter Transfer Window 2017
Yea, no transfers for RM and Atletico means that it will be hard to take Kovacic/Isco from them. James is another one, but he is way overpriced imo. Needless to say, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

By the way, can someone start the Udinese game thread? Mystik? Big Grin or Xu, maybe you should try your luck...
What's with the Harry Kane talk in English media? I hope this is not true. A decent player but nothing special imo, yet he'll cost a fortune. Never mind that we don't really need a player like him anyway!
Thankfully, even if the Chinese really want him like it's being said, it is highly unlikely that he leaves England.
(09-09-2016, 04:28 AM)nefremo Wrote: Yea, no transfers for RM and Atletico means that it will be hard to take Kovacic/Isco from them. James is another one, but he is way overpriced imo. Needless to say, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

By the way, can someone start the Udinese game thread? Mystik? Big Grin or Xu, maybe you should try your luck...

I am not going to try, not even with Udinese. I am saving it for the most important game of the season, something like home against Crotone. Grinundwech
GDS:A prosecutor has opened an investigation over the alleged involvement of Cosentino in the M. Fernandez transfer

Could be over before it begins.This could potentially lead to a transfer ban.Not easy to prove though.
(09-06-2016, 12:11 AM)somedevil Wrote: I wonder how many more people come out now with their comments. Seedorf maybe?

I personally have no doubt that Maldini and Albertini will do well when they are back. They are not stupid men and neither are they men who will take up something that is beyond their skill. Albertini already has experience working with the Lega and did a pretty good job of that.

I welcome this move with open arms. I say heck let's get Boban when his FIFA tenure ends and Rui Costa from Benfica too. We need to rebuild the Milan DNA. That is the most important thing.

That would be good. I've been calling to bring Maldini back for years. Albertini and Boban have a lot of experience and Rui Costa has been doing great over at the idiots... He would be a great asset for the club.
RM and AM, if I remember correctly, are both appealing the transfer ban. So what we could see, is a postponing on the transfer ban meaning they get to do deals in Jan, so there might be a rush from both clubs to buy/sell players...

James would cost too much, and I'd rather see us spend big to bring in Verratti. Isco would be awesome, Kovecic would be my last choice...
Another CB is an absolute must. Would love to have T. Silva back to fill that spot.
We still need a decent backup for Donna.
I would also still try to sign Witsel, Juve missed out last transfer window.

That's probably a little much for one transfer window but would be great.

Donna
Abate/DES T. Silva Roma Anton/DES
Witsel Verratti
Suso Isco/Kovacic Bonav
Bacca

Maybe not good enough to win Champions league, but definitely good enough to challenge in Serie A and get us into CL
I know everyone is talking about us having money, but I am still pessimistic. Come January, I would be extremely happy if we can get JUST ONE big name. For example, in your lineup, I would be happy as long as we get one out of T. Silva, Verratti, Isco, and Kovacic. Just one.

Of course, my dream is Verratti. We need to have the entire midfield revamped, and everyone (but B&G) can see that.
Fabregas is more likely than any other, I'd still welcome him anyway.
Fabregas on loan with an option is most likely.Even then Im pretty sure he isnt keen on the move and could end up at another EPL club with the same deal.I think he'd prefer any of Everton Spurs Liverpool over Milan.Arsenal wouldnt bring him back.He's fallen way off the pace the last year.
Verratti is impossible , PSG wont sell Silva.Isco , again I see it being a big problem to convince him to join modern Milan even with new owners.

I dont think anything will happen in January.Next summer is the acid test and it will be a case having to overpay in both wage and fee.Like City had to do and Chelsea and PSG and Monaco and like how Russian clubs have to.When youre not attractive youre not attractive and nothing can be done about it but overpay.
There is a report that I saw on R&B from some organization ranking teams according to what they have spent on transfers since 2010.

Interestingly enough, Milan is in 20th position having spent 337mil. Napoli (437), Inter (517), Roma (535) and Juventus (618) have all spent more than us.

The craziest part though???.....Dortmund has only spent 340mil and they have been so much more successful than us.....and, Bayern has spent 435mil yet they have one of the top 3 squads in the world. It just goes on to say that with effective planning you don't need to spend crazy amounts (City has spent over 1 BIL) to have success. At the same time, you can spend big amounts (like Galliani's 337mil) and still have a shit squad that consistently can't beat teams like Udinese and Bologna!