Matchday 18: Milan - Cagliari (Sunday, January 8 - 18:00 CET)
Time to get back to Serie A this week! Cagliari is solidly midtable so we are definitely expected to win this match. I haven't seen much of them so I don't know who exactly are their dangermen. Hopefully the break has allowed us to recover some of our players and the Supercoppa win will give us some extra enthusiasm to begin the new year!
Siamo a posto cosi.
Borriello will score a hat trick against us

Dodgy
Loving the positivity, Reza! Great way to start the new year Grinundwech

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Siamo a posto cosi.
Big Grin Grinundwech
(01-03-2017, 12:31 AM)reza Wrote: Borriello will score a hat trick against us

Dodgy

Yes one is overhead kick goal.. Devilol
maybe a scorpion kick
Cagliari shouldn't really be underestimated, they're have some decent players in the group.

I think the attack is one to keep an eye on built on our youth products, Borriello and Di Gennaro, and Marco Sau. They're all having good seasons.
I am hoping that winning the Super Cup will give the players self belief, and that we start approaching games in this new year with confidence and belief that we ARE the better team on the field all the time. We can not lose (or not win) this game. It will pretty much put us back on earth, and we can't afford that. This group needs confidence and winning the first couple of games after this break will be big for maintaining that. We also have a game in hand and it is very important to keep pace with those in front of us so that when we do play that game in hand we can hopefully overtake them.

Roma plays away at Genoa and Genoa has only lost 1 game at home this season....so this is a good weekend to make up ground. Napoli also has a game at home against Sampdoria which surely won't be easy.
I believe that we historically did well in the first game after returning from the new year break, though the record from the past two years didn't support that.
Sky and Gazzetta reporting Locatelli could be rested and Bertolacci starting.
Not really sure what rested means at this point in the season after a break, may be Montella is looking to coppa game next week