Coppa Italia Round of 16: Milan - Torino (Thursday, January 12 - 21:00 CET)
The Coppa Italia brings the first of two games in quick succession against Torino. Miha has them doing relatively well this season so this will definitely not be an easy test. We don't have European football this year, plus we just came off a winter break, so I would like to see us play with a pretty full strength team in this game (barring injuries of course). There's no reason why we couldn't handle playing Sunday-Thursday-Monday-Saturday without making drastic changes to our lineup.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Will Abate be back on time for this game? Torino won't be easy.
I am not too concerned with this game to be honest. I would gladly lose this one in order to get 3 points in the league from the next one. Milan never used to care about the cup and it's always been treated as a secondary competition. Now that we can't contest in the league, you see Milan officials saying how the cup is important....but really, it isn't. Getting into Europe is important and the cup will almost certainly ve won by someone already qualified, so 6th place will get in anyway.

Regardless, I obviously want Milan to win every game. League, cup, friendly, whatever...

I understand wanting to play a full strength team, and I agree that the players should be able to handle the schedule without fatigue. BUT, my issue is not being fresh...but injuries. There are certain players on this team that we simply can not replace because there simply isn't anyone else with their attributes and characteristics. In my opinion, Suso is one of them and I don't want him playing this game. Bonaventura is another. While I also would like to see Gomez or Zapata in the back line instead of Romagnoli.

@Xu...I haven't seen a report on Abate, but i highly doubt he would play. Even if it's not serious, I don't see a player that left the field in the first half playing a game just a few days later.
Aparently one of Romagnioli- Paleta will not be in game ,Pasalic will also not be starter ,Honda will replace Niang on left side and Plizzari could make his debut instead of Donnaruma.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
milannews says Romagnoli has flu and will likely miss this game.
If it means we get knocked out of the coppa, but beat them back on the weekend fixture, I'm actually all for it.
Of course, hopefully all the fringe players will perform so we can sell them.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
(01-11-2017, 02:13 AM)Ryo Wrote: If it means we get knocked out of the coppa, but beat them back on the weekend fixture, I'm actually all for it.
Of course, hopefully all the fringe players will perform so we can sell them.

I don't mind that either, but I somehow feel that our administration will want to give a shot at the trophy after last year's near-success. We will see. Smile
Winner of this tie gets to face Juventus who knocked out Atalanta with a 3-2 win.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Siamo a posto cosi.
Donnarumma
Abate Gomez Paletta De Sciglio
Kucka Sosa Bertolacci
Suso Lapadula Bonaventura
I thought there was rumor that Plizzari will play instead of Donnarumma?

Did we play Sosa and Suso to confuse our opponents? Big Grin